Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Uncle's interview on now - MSNBC.
    Has been estranged from that side since 2009. Claims they are "losers" who couldn't adapt.
    I went home for lunch today and was watching ABC, and they replayed the interview around 1:40. I absolutely agree with him. If people don't like the way we "do things" here, whether they are born here or not, they are free to leave. Otherwise, shut up and deal, and don't cause trouble for innocent people, like these bombings.

vCash
    The Globe is reporting that @J_tsar appears to genuinely be the twitter handle of Dzhokhar. He did post on the 15th.

Of course, I cannot personally confirm that this page is not a hoax. I am relying on the Globe.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan View Post
    Compare that photo with the one shown on our evening news here - a desperately poignant photo of the little boy who died, standing on the railings, watching the runners with his family and just behind them was Tsarnaev.
    Yeah, I saw that. The photo of the guy dead was not sad, it was graphic. I really wonder how he got the giant gash in his side. The photo of the little boy enjoying the race is extremly sad to look at.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Yeah, I saw that. The photo of the guy dead was not sad, it was graphic. I really wonder how he got the giant gash in his side. The photo of the little boy enjoying the race is extremly sad to look at.
    I read in this thread, but have not seen confirmation, that

Spoiler

Under spoiler tags for those who'd rather skip.

ETA: Several news sources have just confirmed that this is in fact the case.
    Last edited by GarrAarghHrumph; 04-19-2013 at 09:28 PM.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Yes, the photo was incredibly sad.
    The doctor who treated Tsarnaev stated in an interview outside the hospital that he had 'blast' injuries plus he had been run over. So that may explain the injuries. That was many hours ago, shown when it was still dark in Boston. (Breakfast time here)
    'The one. The only. Daisuke Takahashi ' Chris Howarth, EurosportUK

vCash
    If the twitter account J_tsar really is this guy- he is a complete sociopath (of course, I think I had already decided on that). His comments the day of the bombing are sickening. He even commented on a picture of one of the woman who died to say the story attached to it was fake (which it was, but still!)

Can the FBI/CIA obtain a warrant to be allowed to see his private message, or the locked accounts he has public replies to? I would assume they can and twitter has to hand that over, right?

vCash
    If the twitter account J_tsar really is this guy- he is a complete sociopath (of course, I think I had already decided on that). His comments the day of the bombing are sickening. He even commented on a picture of one of the woman who died to say the story attached to it was fake (which it was, but still!)

Can the FBI/CIA obtain a warrant to be allowed to see his private message, or the locked accounts he has public replies to? I would assume they can and twitter has to hand that over, right?
    Yes, they can subpoena this information and force the internet companies to provide it, if the company cannot or will not hand the info over willingly. In addition, they will take the suspect's computer (and those of people he may have corresponded with - they have already taken his sister's computer) and go through it in great detail.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Daily Mail saying that the mother was busted last year for stealing $1600 worth of clothes from Lord and Taylor.

http://natick.patch.com/articles/arr...clothes-stolen

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d--Taylor.html
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    That isn't surprising at all. And, also not a component of martial law- the courts have ruled that roadblocks set up to catch a criminal are not in violation of the 4th amendment.

Hope your journey to the airport and back home is fully uneventful!
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    As they say, give yourself extra time. But usually, these types of vehicle searches are very quick per vehicle. It's just that there tends to be a line.

ETA: They are reporting flight delays into and out of Logan due to all of this, so check before you go, and be prepared to wait, just in case.
    Flight in has been delayed, but we live close enough that I'll just wait to get the call that he's arrived. I've seen numerous road blocks over the past few years at the entrance to the airport. They do them periodically and it's typically random car checks. My guess, based on traffic reports, is that they are checking all cars. Honestly, it makes me feel better FWIW.

Good news, it appears that taxi service is resuming, so that may be a better option for him to get home.

vCash
    Not surprisingly, the Boston Red Sox game for tonight has been cancelled.

EDIT:

BuzzFeed News ‏@BuzzFeedNews 4m
    RT @Boston_Police: Bruins Game, Red Sox Game & Big Apple Circus performance scheduled for tonite have been postponed.
    Last edited by dardar1126; 04-19-2013 at 08:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan View Post
    Compare that photo with the one shown on our evening news here - a desperately poignant photo of the little boy who died, standing on the railings, watching the runners with his family and just behind them was Tsarnaev.
    I think this is the photo? http://now.msn.com/martin-richard-ap...okhar-tsarnaev
    Martin's younger sister, Jane, could be the one wearing the green jacket.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Taxi service is operating in the city, yes. I don't know how busy they might end up being when your friend arrives, as they are the only public transit in operation, and people did go to work before they were told not to. (ETA: they are saying taxi service is limited.)

Someone earlier had asked if Dzhokhar's mom was still in the US. His dad has said she's in Russia right now. In addition, he said he - the dad - had returned to Russia because he'd become ill. Some of my Russian friends will do that - they sometimes go to Russia if they need major medical attention, as they don't have health insurance in the US.

The Globe is reporting that one of their co-op students, in their sports department, knew Dzhokhar very well in high school, and - not thinking that Dzhokhar could possibly be the suspect shown in the pictures, and yet seeing a bit of a resemblance - tried to reach out to Dzhokhar to warn him to be careful, as due to the resemblance, he might be thought to be a suspect. The co-op student did not reach Dzhokhar.
    Last edited by GarrAarghHrumph; 04-19-2013 at 08:38 PM.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I think this is the photo? http://now.msn.com/martin-richard-ap...okhar-tsarnaev
    Martin's younger sister, Jane, could be the one wearing the green jacket.
    Yes - or one very similar. It was a very clear, bright photo.
    'The one. The only. Daisuke Takahashi ' Chris Howarth, EurosportUK

vCash
    The Uncle, Ruslan Tsarni, is being interviewed on tv (it says it is live, but I am not sure about that.) He is PISSED at his nephews. Obviously extremely upset. Defends their father (his brother) as having nothing whatsoever to do with what the sons did. Says his family is deeply ashamed of what his nephews have done. That his nephews have shamed Chechens in general, putting shame on the entire ethnicity, making the world think that this represents who they are. He begs the forgiveness of the victims on behalf of his family.

The AP is reporting that UMass Dartmouth students say that Dzhokhar was on campus at UMass Dartmouth this week after the bombings.
    Last edited by GarrAarghHrumph; 04-19-2013 at 08:37 PM.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    The father now says he believes his sons were set up. He does not say by whom.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Daily Mail saying that the mother was busted last year for stealing $1600 worth of clothes from Lord and Taylor.

http://natick.patch.com/articles/arr...clothes-stolen

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d--Taylor.html
    The Daily Mail describes the Toronto aunt as a battlefield surgeon who wrote a book and practices in Toronto. If that is also true then she must be one heck of a woman to be both a surgeon and a lawyer.

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The Daily Mail describes the Toronto aunt as a battlefield surgeon who wrote a book and practices in Toronto. If that is also true then she must be one heck of a woman to be both a surgeon and a lawyer.
    Well, she DID say that Chechens have to prove themselves twice and even three times more than others.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Uncle Ruslan has gone out to his neighbors to apologize for the media circus on their street.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I like this guy, Uncle Ruslan.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Uncle Ruslan has gone out to his neighbors to apologize for the media circus on their street.
    He must be the the male personification of ESTA.

"I BEG,,,, FORGIVVVENESS!!!"

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast