Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    UMass Dartmouth? Now that is getting a bid too close to family...
    Apparently the OLDER brother was a sophomore there, not the younger one.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Snoopy- From my (failed) experience in engineering school, I would think most engineering types could build a bomb. Civilized society is what prevents them from doing it!

MSNBC just posted this: BREAKING NEWS: Boston suspects used carjack victim's debit card to withdraw $800 from ATM
    How does one do that? I mean, did they get the PIN before letting them go? (Still am shocked they let the guy go...)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    MSNBC just posted this: BREAKING NEWS: Boston suspects used carjack victim's debit card to withdraw $800 from ATM
    How does one do that? I mean, did they get the PIN before letting them go? (Still am shocked they let the guy go...)
    Probably so, yes. I wouldn't be surprised if the poor guy who got carjacked gave up that PIN so fast...
    Use Yah Blinkah!

On the run from cholla's vibrating cleavage
    vCash

Some people keep their PIN scribbled on a piece of paper in their wallet. Personal knowledge

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    Probably so, yes. I wouldn't be surprised if the poor guy who got carjacked gave up that PIN so fast...
    I don't know why you wouldn't lie- though I've never been under the pressure of a terrorist trying to get my car. That said, I can't imagine $800 matters to the guy seeing as how he gets to be alive still.

I wonder if it will help police pinpoint a location, or if they found out too long after. With so many people following him- how did this guy have time to go to an ATM?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Chechen brothers with military training overseas, per yahoo?

But the Chechens' beef is with Russia...Al Qaeda flunkies.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    UMass Dartmouth now reports a controlled evacuation of their campus.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Apparently the OLDER brother was a sophomore there, not the younger one.
    The younger suspect is a student at UMass Dartmouth. He studies marine biology.
    http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013...KiP/story.html

The older suspect, now dead, was a student of engineering at community college.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Chechen brothers with military training overseas, per yahoo?

But the Chechens' beef is with Russia...Al Qaeda flunkies.
    Chechens have been fighting in Afghanstain, Iraq, and Syria. So they very well may have a beef with us too. Or it is just two people who happen to be Chechen.

vCash
    This appears to involve more than the two bombers and its scary to think how many more people are involved and at large.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Man, I'll bet Putin is going to love the propaganda value from this. That's not good.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    I doubt they just happen to be Chechen. It sounds like as young children they may have been in the midst of terrible violence. The Chechen wars were horrendous. But it may just be the circumstance of where they were living that they targeted the Boston Marathon.

I'm just looking at the map to see where the street they are said to have lived on is. It is a few blocks from where my sister lives.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Man, I'll bet Putin is going to love the propaganda value from this. That's not good.
    I'm not informed enough to understand this post, explain?
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    It sounds like as young children they may have been in the midst of terrible violence.
    They wouldn't have been accepted as refugees if they weren't. Assuming that report is true, and that is how they got here.

Hope your sister is safe.

On the run from cholla's vibrating cleavage
    vCash
    I doubt they just happen to be Chechen. It sounds like as young children they may have been in the midst of terrible violence. The Chechen wars were horrendous. But it may just be the circumstance of where they were living that they targeted the Boston Marathon.
    It looks like they haven't even lived in Chechnya.

vCash
    I'm not informed enough to understand this post, explain?
    Russia has been in conflict with Chechenya for a very long time. The US generally condemns it, Russia calls it part of "global warm on terrorism". If this is indeed Chechen action, then it appears Putin is right.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    ...Hope your sister is safe.
    Thank you. She is. She's home and "sheltering-in-place" though her roommate went out, god knows why. Its just all very unsettling.

vCash
    The police are allowing no one in or out of Watertown right now. Military (National Guard) from New Hampshire has been seen on the ground in the area, as backup to local forces and Mass. National Guard.

Bunker Hill Community College just confirmed that Tamerlan was a student there:

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, who was killed earlier today, attended Bunker Hill Community College, said Patricia Brady, a spokeswoman. Tamerlin was a part-time student for three semesters: Fall 2006, Spring 2007, Fall 2008
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Skating Club of Boston is closed. I have many friends from there who live in the area and hope they're okay.

vCash
    To add a skating connection, Arsenal Street in Watertown (where some of the action is focused) is about 5 minutes from The Skating Club of Boston.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Russia has been in conflict with Chechenya for a very long time. The US generally condemns it, Russia calls it part of "global warm on terrorism". If this is indeed Chechen action, then it appears Putin is right.
    Oh, I thought that was already considered true. If Putin thinks that's going to justify his past actions in Chechnya, let alone any future ones, he's wrong.

Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast