Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

vCash
    I don't recall if this part of the Jeff Bauman story was posted earlier in this thread, it's about one of the men credited with saving his life on Monday. Some may recall the story of Carlos Arredondo from years ago. He tried to kill himself when he was told that his son died in the Iraq war. He suffered severe burns from a fire he started in the family van. He was at the marathon supporting runners who were raising money for a charity and jumped in to save lives after the bomb went off, one of whom was Jeff Bauman. I don't want to make this super religious, but I kind of got chills when a local news channel covered this story. I hope Carlos has been able to find peace and now realizes his life was certainly worth living.

vCash
    Oh...whoever posted those photos above, you might want to make note that its NOT the photo most people think it is. I clicked on it because I thought it was the same one I'd seen a few times before...I hadn't realized the one I'd seen before had been cropped. not your fault, but you might want to make an extra note?

I don't swear, but seeing the horrible images from Monday, it makes me want to let a few loose...it's beyond horrific. Normally when there are big tragedies like this, the carnage isn't all that visible...bodies are burned or mangled beyond recognition or there is a lot of debris to cover up the worst. Not here...it was all out in the open, plain as day. One of the first things I saw when I first saw the air footage of the aftermath was the red pavement...I didn't believe that all that color was really blood. But it was.

It scares me that the FBI has gone so public with the suspect images like this...they normally don't do that for such high-profile case. Either the trail is really cold, or they are racing the clock before something worse happens. God protect us all.

vCash
    What the HELL is going on?!?

BuzzFeed News ‏@BuzzFeedNews 2m
    MIT: Cambridge police scanner reporting shots fired in Watertown in vicinity of Dexter and Laurel. (@billy_baker)

BuzzFeed News ‏@BuzzFeedNews 46s
    RT @alertnewengland: Major explosion, suspects are throwing explosives at officers.

Andrew Kaczynski ‏@BuzzFeedAndrew 1m
    On the police scanner: Loud explosions, loud explosion. Shots fired. Shots fired. They have grenades.

RT @rafsanchez: Scanner: [Panicked officer] They have explosives, some types of grenades, they're in between houses down there.
    Seth Mnookin ‏@sethmnookin 4m
    Suspects have "stolen SUV from state police." - Boston pd scanner.

Scanner: Report of a 2nd officer down. Hand grenades and explosives.

BuzzFeed News ‏@BuzzFeedNews 1m
    RT @billy_baker: "Officers pinned down." Spruce and Lincoln.

Scanner: "All units, all units. Retreat, retreat."
    RT @universalhub: One suspect down, on Laurel St.

RT @intelwire: One suspect in custody, second fleeing in SUV while shooting out the window.

Andrew Kaczynski ‏@BuzzFeedAndrew 25s
    RT @TheRickWilson: Suspect down shot multiple times.

Angie Coiro ‏@Angie_Coiro 32s
    RT @wgbhnews: 'Be advised, they have sticks of dynamite.'

Andrew Kaczynski ‏@BuzzFeedAndrew 38s
    Scanner: "Bomb squads" on the way.
    Andrew Kaczynski ‏@BuzzFeedAndrew 25s
    RT @TheRickWilson: Suspect down shot multiple times.

Angie Coiro ‏@Angie_Coiro 32s
    RT @wgbhnews: 'Be advised, they have sticks of dynamite.'

Andrew Kaczynski ‏@BuzzFeedAndrew 38s
    Scanner: "Bomb squads" on the way.

Scanner: "Power down all cellphones for fear of an explosion. Power down all cellphones."

Scanner: "Will any of our cellphones set off these explosive devices?"

Wesley Lowery ‏@WesleyLowery 2m
    Full swat teams moving in. Sprinting toward Dexter St. #MITShooting
    RT @universalhub: Second gunman on foot on Spruce St., was throwing grenades at officers.

BuzzFeed News ‏@BuzzFeedNews 3m
    WCVB: Witness says he heard 1 loud explosion, about 30 gunshots in Watertown, MA (@passantino)

RT @AntDeRosa: 1 in custody, one down on the ground - scanner

Seth Mnookin ‏@sethmnookin 30s
    Police putting on flak jackets. Suspect in vehicle. Getting "long rifles."
    Last edited by dardar1126; 04-19-2013 at 06:21 AM.

vCash
    According to the latest reports, there are two suspects from the MIT shooting. They fled in a Mercedes and are now in Watertown, Mass. It's a little unclear if they have stolen an SUV or are stopped, but the reports are they have explosives and automatic weapons. There is nothing to indicate that the suspects are connected to the bombing, but it's hard not to wonder.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    WTH?!?! I just saw this on Facebook. ((((Massachussetts))))
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    CNN is covering this incident now.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    Oh...whoever posted those photos above, you might want to make note that its NOT the photo most people think it is. I clicked on it because I thought it was the same one I'd seen a few times before...I hadn't realized the one I'd seen before had been cropped. not your fault, but you might want to make an extra note?
    Thanks for the heads-up about that -- I'll go back and edit my post to include a warning about the wheelchair photo.
    Last edited by Cyn; 04-19-2013 at 06:58 AM.

vCash
    CNN had some footage of one of the gunmen on the ground. Some speculation of whether the gunmen are also the bombers, but no confirmation

vCash
    CNN will not say for sure if all this going on now has anything to do with the bombing.

vCash
    There are reports from the shooting at MIT coming in now that a police officer has died and that his gun was stolen.

One suspect is in custody, and the other one is still at large.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I was just about to call it a night when the news of the shooting at MIT was announced and now for a third straight night, I've got it on CNN for what looks like another long night. I've also heard the Officer shot at MIT has passed away from his wounds.

I have to echo what others have already said...What the HELL is going on?

vCash
    According to the article about what's happening on the campus of MIT at boston.com,

Witnesses in Watertown said they heard explosions. Police officers were screaming about improvised explosive devices. Authorities would not comment on whether the events were connected to Monday’s Boston Marathon bombing. At least one of the suspects in Watertown appeared to be a man in his 20s.
    From the Breaking News reports Fox News Channel (Breaking News at this point):

Local news reports say the suspects had thrown and detonated explosives from their car.
    The Fox News Channel's live broadcast indicates that the suspects had a large arsenal including IEDs, hand grenades, and dynamite and that there is a "huge police presence at the scene." They are being careful to report that this information is unconfirmed and that since this is a developing event, what they are reporting could change as more information becomes available.

The FBI has confirmed that there was a car-jacking at a gas station by the suspects, that the police officer was in fact killed on the scene, that the explosives are "military grade."
    Last edited by Cyn; 04-19-2013 at 07:31 AM.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Boston.com live feed:
    http://live.boston.com/Event/MIT_and...town_shootings

Take it with a grain of salt, but one of the tweets listed herein says that the one suspect in custody is one of the Marathon bombing suspects, while another is still one the loose.

Also, a live feed from the most clued-in Boston TV station in this series of events tonight:
    http://livewire.wcvb.com/Event/117th...oston_Marathon

vCash
    Boston Globe claiming a suspect from the Marathon bombing in custody - I can't really believe that any media is getting this right in the middle of all this chaos. My news station is reporting it, but distancing them from it "According to Boston Globe.....not confirmed"
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Just to mention and before I forget to....Cyn posted a link to the amazing video of the crowd at the Bruins game last/Wednesday night singing The Star Spangled Banner. Not only is that in our NHL thread here, but also video linked from the Buffalo Sabres website showing how both the Bruins and the Sabres saluted the Crowd after the game.

Also in our Baseball thread, there are links to both videos and articles on how the Yankees and other teams throughout Major League Baseball have paid tribute to the sad events of Monday afternoon. Later on today, the Red Sox will be playing their first game at Fenway since the Bombings and in an interview w/the President and CEO of the Red Sox I saw earlier today/yesterday, he said that while they will be doing something obviously to honour those lost, wounded and the heroes of Monday, but also that it will be a low key ceremony before the game in order to ensure it is also a dignified ceremony.

Seems that the various vehicles of those at whatever happened at or around Watertown are now leaving that scene and going who knows where. I'd think w/in fifteen or twenty minutes, we'll be getting some sort of an official announcement or briefing of some sort?

Also MIT has put out a release confirming the Officer that was shot has indeed passed away. May he rest in peace and thoughts and prayers to his Family, Friends and Co Workers.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    WCVB seems to be well behind in reporting what the Globe is saying. WBZ is rehashing what the Globe is saying.
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/live-video/

vCash
    The carjacking suspect who'd been shot has died, per my local news. Although really, it's all a jumbled mess, so who knows.

So angry that all 3 of my local news stations chose to go off the freaking air to show talk shows while there is breaking news happening

vCash
    CNN showing newly released photos of the two suspects and they're the clearest ones I've seen yet from today/yesterday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    CNN will not say for sure if all this going on now has anything to do with the bombing.
    I'm glad they are holding back considering their bungling of the story early morning Thursday. Really pathetic reporting from CNN. Their mangling of having suspects in custody plus their coverage of the Steubenville rape case was atrocious.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Watched CNN for a bit earlier and it was excruciating to watch, given how unknowledgeable Jake Tapper and their anchors were about Boston.

WBZ, meanwhile, is going full speed ahead with the connection with the bombings and has been airing footage of the suspect who was apprehended. They also have a very good grasp of Watertown.
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/live-video/

Similarly, WCVB has been airing a neighbor's cell phone video of the shootout.
    www.wcvb.com

Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast