Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Iiuc, the reason they are suspects is because they have video of at least one of the guys dropping a backpack in the exact location where one of the bombs exploded. Several (news sources) people have said that.
    The FBI said that as well. In the press conference today, the FBI agent said that they have video of the guy in the white hat planting the bomb, putting it in place minutes before it went off.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    But we do have to realize they are suspects, and they might not be the perpetrators. That said I hope they are able to find them, bring them in and determine if there is enough evidence to arrest and try them.
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Do they even know, for sure, that these two are the culprits?
    I thought that they were persons of interest? But then I missed the last part of the FBI conference perhaps that is where the FBI said they were suspects. I still think that we (public) should wait until more is known before saying that these are definitely the persons who did this act.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    From the grainy enlargements I saw on the evening news, my first thought was that they might be partially disguised with false eyebrows or the like. The clothing is also bulky enough to hide one's build, and possibly well chosen to look like a couple of normal guys when in fact they may never dress like that otherwise.

As we discussed earlier, either they are very brazen and don't care if they are recognized or caught (or greater glory when they aren't), or they have taken steps knowing they would be photographed a hundred times by tv cameras, video surveillance and cell phones.

vCash
    Well if I really put the tinfoil hat on, could they be a decoy for round two?
    What would Jenny do?

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    I thought that they were persons of interest? But then I missed the last part of the FBI conference perhaps that is where the FBI said they were suspects. I still think that we (public) should wait until more is known before saying that these are definitely the persons who did this act.
    The FBI has identified them as suspects. We will not know they are the perpetrators unless/until they confess or are tried and convicted. Its a tough one as I noted above, the FBI has determined they have enough information to try to bring these guys in and need the public's help so they've gone public. If these are not the perpetrators it could be a terrible injustice, but the FBI can't wait for a trial and conviction before they take action.

So it is up to the public to act responsibly and remember that these are suspects, and they remain innocent until proven guilty.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    I haven't seen this posted here, but last night at the Bruin's first game since the bombing, the crowd gave one of the most rousing and emotional participations of The Star-Spangled Banner that I've ever seen:

Boston Bruins-Buffalo Sabres National Anthem

Definitely worth viewing -- Watching it, I got choked up and had tears in my eyes.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Well if I really put the tinfoil hat on, could they be a decoy for round two?
    I'm thinking that maybe no group has claimed this because they're not finished yet. I've been watching cops with machine guns and in an observation tower on the NYC waterfront all week. I've seen the machine guns from time to time before but that observation tower is a new one. Maybe it's standard precautionary measure, or maybe they know something I don't know.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    The press conference made it sound like one guy (white hat?) was filmed setting the bomb down. The other is just "person of interest" but suspect as an accomplice. They aren't sure if he was involved but think he was.
    Last edited by Skittl1321; 04-19-2013 at 02:38 AM.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    I'm thinking that maybe no group has claimed this because they're not finished yet.
    I wondered that, too. What if this was just a test run?
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    That's a lovely idea.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    That's a lovely idea.
    Yeah, isn't it?

Most of my Thursday students are military vets and they are all fretting about the lack of claims of responsibility and what it means. I think they are making me paranoid.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I haven't seen this posted here, but last night at the Bruin's first game since the bombing, the crowd gave one of the most rousing and emotional participations of The Star-Spangled Banner that I've ever seen:

Boston Bruins-Buffalo Sabres National Anthem

Definitely worth viewing -- Watching it, I got choked up and had tears in my eyes.
    I saw this earlier today, and I too got teary. And that image of the Boston Strong ribbon on the ice with that hockey player standing on it, hand over his heart, just slayed me!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    It's freaking me out too - every day that whoever did this gets away with it might be giving them more confidence to try it again. There was a sense of urgency at the FBI press conference I thought; so maybe they are anxious to get these guys asap because they think this isn't the end.

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    so maybe they are anxious to get these guys asap because they think this isn't the end.
    But.....what if these are only two operatives out of many?
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    One of the poor kids the NY Post had put on their front cover is afraid to leave his house, and his dad fears for his family:
    http://news.yahoo.com/teen-stunned-p...214638314.html
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Is the guy in the white cap on a cell phone in the second to last picture on the FBI site. (First link of suspects)?

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I guess the assumption is that two bombs, two guys, that's it. But you are right, there could have been others in the crowd observing etc, or waiting back home until the next wave.

I'd like to think it's like we see on tv and in books - that the FBI has some profiling capability, and that they have a few more clues they are holding back and they have a better handle on the situation than the rest of us do. I'd like to think that they have reason to believe it's a contained situation, and finding these two guys will either be the end of it, or lead them to whoever else might be involved.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Then catching two of them is a good step toward catching more of them.

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Then catching two of them is a good step toward catching more of them.
    Maybe. But what if they don't get caught any time soon? Maybe I'm paranoid, too, but I walk through Ground Zero twice a day.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    I do think the heightened security now will make it much harder for another attack to be carried out anytime soon.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast