Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

vCash
    No suspect in custody that can be confirmed. Source 1 says yes, but no one of any substance in Boston journalism has been able to get a second source to say the same thing.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I posted this tweet earlier:

NBC News ‏@NBCNews 18m
    BREAKING: Arrest made in ricin mailings, federal officials say; suspect IDed as Kenneth Curtis of Tupelo, Miss.
    Since then there has been a correction: The suspect's name is Paul Kevin Curtis.

vCash
    http://i.imgur.com/Jn82qarh.jpg Saw this photo on another site but there had to be lots of bags, duffels, backpacks etc...

vCash
    ???? looks like he could still have a bag. I would rather wait until the authorities make an announcement. Imagine if that guy just took off his backpack and had it in his hands, someone has just plastered his face across the internet.

vCash
    I dunno... whenever I'm in a crowd like that I tend to take my backpack off and put it between my legs, one reason being that it weighs a lot on my shoulders, and the other being that then I can keep an eye on it and make sure nobody behind me is stealing crap out of the smaller pockets (yes I'm paranoid)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/Jn82qarh.jpg Saw this photo on another site but there had to be lots of bags, duffels, backpacks etc...
    The guy looks like holding his bag in front, especially looking at the position of his hands, I often do this when i am in a large crowd... I hope people will stop positing images like this without the concerned officials positing the images... Trial by social media is not the way to proceed in cases like this. At this rate anyone could post image of anyone else and claim him to be the defendant.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I dunno, this guy has something that looks like a water bottle in the side pocket. Not what you'd expect a terrorist to carry in the bomb bag.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Lord & Taylor video hasn't been released and won't be until the perp is in court. It's key evidence. The public won't see it unless someone in the DA's office is really stupid.

vCash
    as it should be - meaning I don't think we should see it until the perp is charged.

vCash
    The Globe is reporting that the police will be releasing pictures of two potential suspects today, in the hopes the public can help identify the men.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    People are trying to pull together a "Boston Spirit Day" for tomorrow, where people are encouraged to wear Boston-related clothing.
    Last edited by GarrAarghHrumph; 04-18-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Update on release of suspect photos... The have cell records from the two closest towers, but with thousands of calls in progress at the time, including many between folks who were only blocks apart, they may need to release photos and get public's help.

ETA, L&T photos aren't the best quality. Seems they used them to narrow focus in other photos that are clearer.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Also, isn't it possible to buy throw away cell phones without registering etc? Or is that only in books and the movies?

Then again, this person did all this before hundreds of witnesses and video cameras, so who knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Also, isn't it possible to buy throw away cell phones without registering etc? Or is that only in books and the movies?

Then again, this person did all this before hundreds of witnesses and video cameras, so who knows.
    You can buy what I'd call a "disposable" cell phone, but you normally do need to reveal a name to get it running. You could use a fake name/fake financial info, though. The Globe did mention that the police know that any cell phone names they come up with might not be genuine, but they could still lead them to the right people.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Mayor Menino pushed himself up from his wheelchair, with obvious effort, and stood to talk at the memorial service.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    You can buy what I'd call a "disposable" cell phone, but you normally do need to reveal a name to get it running. You could use a fake name/fake financial info, though. The Globe did mention that the police know that any cell phone names they come up with might not be genuine, but they could still lead them to the right people.
    And it's easy enough to steal a cell phone too.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Garr, dardar1126, and everyone else posting info from elsewhere, thank you. I'm continuing coming here to find stuff that I haven't seen as the internet is so vast.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    People are listening to the service from local restaurants and bars. BPD officers are standing outside cruisers, listening.

Radio stations in the Boston area will lead a moment of silence on Monday at 2:50pm eastern:
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...oUP/story.html
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    People are listening to the service from local restaurants and bars. BPD officers are standing outside cruisers, listening.
    I found the NBC online feed just in time to hear the Boston Children's Chorus sing "Up to the Mountain". Just hearing the opening solo had me in tears, and then the camera zoomed in for a close up and I saw some of the girls in the chorus trying to hold back their own tears.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    "Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and Boston Mayor Tom Menino have announced the formation of The One Fund Boston, Inc. to help the people most affected by the tragic events that occurred in Boston on April 15, 2013."
    http://onefundboston.org/
    More info: http://onefundboston.org/pdf/theonefundboston.pdf
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast