Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Twitter:

Boston.com News ‏@BostonDotCom 2m
    BRUINS GAME CANCELED: Tonight's game against the Ottawa Senators has been canceled and has not been rescheduled.

Salon.com ‏@Salon 4m
    Boston hotlines: For families of victims: 617-635-4500 // For tips: 1-800-494-TIPS

vCash
    They've shut down cell phone service in Boston, to prevent detonation of additional devices, either accidental or otherwise. Just posting that so people know, in case they're trying to reach someone in town.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    My oldest son's co-worker finished the race 10 minutes before the bomb went off. She texted saying that she finished sooner/better than she expected and probably would have been close to the finish line at that time.

vCash
    NY Post reports that a 20 year old Saudi citizen is in custody. Again, the NY Post is not always a reliable news source, but at the same time, they do often release stories in advance of the other news agencies.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I fear this is Sandy Hook all over again - lots of misinformation as media outlets race to be the first to report every detail and keep people tuned into their feeds.
    This was my thought as well. It's hard to know what is true.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    From Boston Globe live blog:
    Reports of Marathon Runners that crossed finish line and continued to run to Mass General Hospital to give blood to victims #PrayforBoston
    — NBC Sports Network (@NBCSN) April 15, 2013

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    This was my thought as well. It's hard to know what is true.
    I'll be paying attention to the early and late evening TV news as they will have a bit of time to digest it all and hopefully sort truth from rumour as much as they can.

Just checking different media outlets, Twitter etc now is confusing, and overwhelming.

((((thinking of you all, especially those with ties to the Marathon and the city))))

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    http://live.boston.com/Event/Live_bl..._Copley_Square
    "BPD Commissioner Ed Davis says the blast at the JFK Library around 4:30 p.m., which was announced as an unrelated electrical explosion, was actually an explosion that could be related to the explosions on Boylston Street."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    NY Post reports that a 20 year old Saudi citizen is in custody. Again, the NY Post is not always a reliable news source, but at the same time, they do often release stories in advance of the other news agencies.
    Well, if they are right, then it makes sense since they mentioned that the small bombs were similar to ones used in Iraq.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    OK, niece and her husband found each other at the Family Meeting Area. Now, they are walking the miles back to their car, which her DH parked at one of the last checkpoints, say around mile 20--so possibly a six mile walk--and then they are going to get a hotel outside of Boston because they don't dare go back to Boston where they were last night. Then they will go back to NH and their two kids tomorrow. Poor thing, to have to walk after 26.2 miles or whatever it is, she must be exhausted!

vCash
    BPD now say the explosion at the JFK library is linked to those at the Marathon, and to the other bombs found. That is a reversal from what was said earlier. (ETA: that has again been reversed, police now saying that there is no connection.)

The JFK library is in a part of Boston that is not particularly close to the end of the Marathon route.

BPD have asked people in Boston not to congregate in large groups. They have asked people not to come into the city. To stay at home, or to go home if at all possible.

The police are currently inspecting all the discarded packages left behind by the runners. Which, let me tell you, is a lot of packages.
    Last edited by GarrAarghHrumph; 04-15-2013 at 10:32 PM.

vCash
    REPORTED: Boston Logan airport has grounded all flights.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    OK, niece and her husband found each other at the Family Meeting Area. Now, they are walking the miles back to their car, which her DH parked at one of the last checkpoints, say around mile 20--so possibly a six mile walk--and then they are going to get a hotel outside of Boston because they don't dare go back to Boston where they were last night. Then they will go back to NH and their two kids tomorrow. Poor thing, to have to walk after 26.2 miles or whatever it is, she must be exhausted!
    Glad to hear they're okay, Lacey.

vCash
    I'm about 15 miles north of Boston and I heard the explosions. I can't imagine how it was for the people right there. Prayers for all those impacted and for friends who were volunteering in the medical tent today.

vCash
    Got in touch with my best friend from high school. She's safe and staying at work, not venturing out now. Haven't been able to get in touch with my ex-boyfriend yet and I'm a little worried since he's a runner - but it's a school day I'm hoping he just stayed on campus.

My dad just sent me a text saying "see what happened in Boston, you need to be careful all the time" - and while I understand his concern, I don't see how anyone could really "be careful" about this sort of thing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    REPORTED: Boston Logan airport has grounded all flights.
    Calls are out to find housing for all the runners and people stuck in town. Airspace around Boston has been closed.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    I just saw this, this is horrible.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    With all these reports of possibly additional devices, I called my sister who works near Harvard Square to make sure she was going home and not in the direction of Harvard Square. She's on her way home now. People are really unnerved and worried.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    It was just mentioned that they are now stepping up security in Washington D.C., Pennsylvania and other transit locations.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    The military, SWAT and police have gathered on the Common. In NYC, police have an extremely visible presence in Times Square.

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast