Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

Justin Bieber's Visit to Anne Frank Museum

Hopes Anne Frank would have been a Belieber

Way to think about yourself, Justin

vCash
    This was on the CNN news scroll. It was so dumb but I had to laugh since it was so extreme in its inappropriateness I will give the kid a break since he grew up in his own disneyworld but I hope he gets himself educated now.
    What would Jenny do?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    he's such a tool i'm surprised it wasn't worse
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    This was on the CNN news scroll. It was so dumb but I had to laugh since it was so extreme in its inappropriateness I will give the kid a break since he grew up in his own disneyworld but I hope he gets himself educated now.
    Not so sure on the "grew up" part, there. Seems like he has a lot of growing up left to do.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    It's really all about him, not Anne Frank.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    and not that poor capuchin monkey
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Free the monkey!!!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Last comment posted on that article:

" 'Despite everything, i believe people are really good at heart' - Anne Frank

I think before everyone goes bashing Justin Bieber we should take a moment to think about these words and why Anne said them."
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Meh, Anne Frank was wrong. Some people really are just assholes.

By the way, who was it on here recently who was saying what a great PR team Justin Bieber had? Scarlet for them.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Consider what happened to Anne and her family.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Well, given the number of his fans that tweeted they didn't know who Anne Frank was, perhaps it'll cause some of them to read out her.

vCash
    Maybe inside his head that was a way of saying he admires her to the point that he likes to think that she would have admired him back? Just being devil's advocate here... or maybe he has just drunk his own koolaid a little bit too much, either way I think he meant it has a compliment he just doesn't have the maturity to see that it was a situation where he should have kept his own world out of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    Well, given the number of his fans that tweeted they didn't know who Anne Frank was, perhaps it'll cause some of them to read out her.
    We can only hope!

vCash
    This would have been hilarious if it were an Onion headline, but unfortunately Bieber is that much of an idiot.

vCash
    Well honestly, is anyone REALLY surprised by this? It's not worth getting upset over, considering that a good portion of his fan base would have the exact same lack of perspective on the gravity of the subject of WWII & the causes of the Holocaust. Most of them have little to no personal connection to it, so it is of lesser importance to them in terms of learning about it. I'm close to it, as I am Jewish, the granddaughter of a WWII vet, & my mother's entire family outside of her, her parents & sister were in occupied Norway, & it wasn't until 1945 that they had any news from them.

FYI - there is considerable outcry locally about a writing assignment asking students at an Albany NY high school to write a persuasive essay from the POV of the Nazis. I don't what the fuss is about that, either, considering that neither the students nor most of the people clutching their pearls over it have the requisite knowledge base to articulate in a scholarly manner what was in the minds of the people responsible for the rise of Nazism. One student who was interviewed said it would have made more sense to write from the Jewish POV - which illustrates whole point of the assignment IMO.

Best part about the OP's link was getting to read this:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/27/us/ann...html?c=&page=1
    Last edited by Karina1974; 04-15-2013 at 02:28 AM.

vCash
    i always have thought he was a jerk. This is another proof of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    and not that poor capuchin monkey
    I bet you JB won't be changing the monkey's diaper for the rest of that monkey's life, assuming he even keeps the monkey after it reaches puberty. I've seen utube videos of people and their pet monkeys. They can be cute when young but can grow up to be quite nasty, especially for people that don't have the time or the inclination to devote to the monkeys' needs. It's like having a child that never grows up and can never be potty trained. Ewwww.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Meh, Anne Frank was wrong. Some people really are just assholes.
    Just like Justin Bieber
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    At least this headline wasn't about beating anybody up?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post

FYI - there is considerable outcry locally about a writing assignment asking students at an Albany NY high school to write a persuasive essay from the POV of the Nazis. I don't what the fuss is about that, either, considering that neither the students nor most of the people clutching their pearls over it have the requisite knowledge base to articulate in a scholarly manner what was in the minds of the people responsible for the rise of Nazism. One student who was interviewed said it would have made more sense to write from the Jewish POV - which illustrates whole point of the assignment IMO.
    I had heard that the assignment was to write from the Nazi point of view as to why Jews were evil ... not on anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post

Best part about the OP's link was getting to read this:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/27/us/ann...html?c=&page=1
    I never knew that Anne wanted to skate!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast