Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

2013 World Team Trophy - Gala Exhibition

Live stream (geo-blocked in JPN & KOR): http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesu...ite/index.html
    Sunday 14:00 in Japan = 1 am ET start time

Re-posting from the WTT general thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    ISU Special Entry: Denis Ten (KAZ)

JSF Special Entries are the 4 Novice champions in 2012-13:
    Sota Yamamoto (Novice A Men's champ, 4th at Jr. Nationals; 2013 Triglav Trophy Adv. Novice champ)
    Shingo Nishiyama (Novice B Men's champ)
    Kaori Sakamoto (Novice A Ladies champ, 9th at Jr. Nationals; 2013 Triglav Adv. Novice silver medalist)
    Marin Honda (Novice B Ladies champ; 2013 Triglav Adv. Novice gold medalist)

From the Announcement: http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=3967
    15. EXHIBITION
    The top scoring Skaters/Couples of each discipline (Ladies, Men, Pair Skating and Ice Dance) of the ISU World Team Trophy plus the invited Skaters/Couples as per paragraph 3.1 above are expected to participate in the final Exhibition with an appropriate show performance. The invitation criteria for the Exhibition are to be announced. Encores are expected and must be of different nature as the original show performances (different music, different performance). Encores are expected from the best scoring Skaters/Couples of the ISU World Team Trophy.
    Maximum 4 Skaters/Couples who are nominated by the organizing Member (JSF) can skate in the Exhibition in addition to those Japanese Single Skaters/Pair Skating couple/Ice Dance couple from the JSF team who qualified to skate in the Exhibition.

Japanese Skaters/Couples not part of the JSF team having competed in the ISU World Team Trophy will neither receive expense reimbursement nor appearance fees.

In addition, the team from Japan plus one selected team might be asked to choreograph a team-exhibition.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-14-2013 at 03:54 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Tatjana Flade tweeted: "Ice Dancers Monko/Khaliavin (RUS) withdrawn from exh gala #WTT13. Kirill is sick."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I wonder if they'll replace them with the 4th place team from Japan Reed & Reed?

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Wheeeeeeee it's starting!!
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Team Japan's music will, for me at least, always be Irina Slutskaya's. Never was a fan of hers, but her FS at the WC in Moscow (back in 2005) and reaction at the end of it moved me to tears -- it's one of my favorite non-skating moments in figure skating (along with Sarah Meier's reaction to her scores at Euros when she won).
    Last edited by Cyn; 04-14-2013 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Is Shingo Nishiyama Japan's version of Nathan Chen?

vCash
    I don't get why Max Aaron was carried on to the ice.

vCash
    What in the blue fcuk is that obnoxious jingle-jangle music this adorable little girl is skating to? Her skating was fine, but good lord, that song was beyond annoying

Max Aaron up now, being carried out to the ice by Team USA like a virgin being carried to be sacrificed , with Ashley directing traffic

Black Betty?! Oh, hells yeah (I never watch Galas, so I've never seen most of these programs ).
    Last edited by Cyn; 04-14-2013 at 09:01 PM.

vCash
    Man, he just reels of quads like they're waltz jumps .

love, love love Ram Jam -- good memories from when I was young

ETA: Are those....tat sleeves he's wearing?

The speed he generates on the ice is absolutely mind-blowing .

vCash
    Cyn you crack me up!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Cyn you crack me up!!

To borrow what Jimmy Iovine said about Lazaro last night on AI, Peng and Zheng (right now, anyway) are an Ambien Milkshake .
    Last edited by Cyn; 04-14-2013 at 09:02 PM.

vCash
    Yeah I kind of zoned out during their performance. But on the plus side, they both look like they're really into the program.

vCash
    Oh, Kevin

That boy should never, ever not have sleeves covering his mouldy little arms. T-Rexes have better arms than he does .

vCash
    Kevin Reynolds is not my cup of tea, but I've got to hand it to him for having an exhibition with actual choreography. I don't quite understand the sleeve thing, but hey the audience loves him.

vCash
    Je Suis Malade......again?

It was a great program, but after having to listen to that caterwauling over and over last season, I hit my Wailing Celine Dion Quota for the decade

vCash
    I guess they put all of their energy into recovering and getting competitive programs ready for Worlds.

vCash
    Wait, um....whut?

Why is Dennis Ten skating as a special guest?

Is this his "Didn't-Win-Worlds" consolation prize?

vCash
    Possibly, or it's the "You're from a Country that Doesn't Have Enough Skaters to Have a Team But We Like You" prize.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Wait, um....whut?

Why is Dennis Ten skating as a special guest?

Is this his "Didn't-Win-Worlds" consolation prize?
    They always have invited skaters from countries that don't qualify for the WTT. Savchenko/Szolkowy were there last year, and IIRC also in 2009, as well as the Kerrs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I guess they put all of their energy into recovering and getting competitive programs ready for Worlds.
    Good point.

Watching D10 skate here, hopefully it's an indication that WC wasn't a fluke. The konspirateur in me can't help but wonder if the ISU is trying to get him as much exposure as possible before the Olympics -- that way he won't come out of nowhere should he podium or win.

Castelli/Shnapir up now.

Oh honey, that skirt does you no favors -- even though you're about as big as a minute, that thing's cut, along with the print, make you look like you have a watermelon stuffed up your butt .

Alas, I've tried over an over to like this team, but I just cannot get into them whatsoever.
    Last edited by Cyn; 04-14-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast