Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

vCash
    Just got around to watching the ladies free skate on the ISU channel since it was not up last night. I even managed not to be spoiled before watching, which made it all the more fun. The last five ladies were very good and especially fun to watch.

So happy for Ashley and Gracie rocking the house!!!! Way to go ladies!!! Ashley found her mojo again! I was getting a bit worried because she was skating tight since her fall at the Grand Prix Final through Worlds. She is positively Kwan-like when she loosens up and sells the program. Gracie's jumps are absolutely eye-popping, killer amazing. Her spins are great too. I hope, hope,hope that she hooks up with a choreographer that can do her justice and also works on her edges and getting deeper in her knees. It's all there for her if she does the work and makes the right choices. Both Ashley and Gracie are gorgeous girls on top of all their athletic talents. Gracie looks like Rita Hayworth. Ashley's personality seems so infectious.....loved the bun adjustment moment in the free. She literally and figuratively let her hair down here!

Akiko was lovely. The total package skate. Her positions aren't as lovely as others in my eyes, but there is so much to like in her skating speed, quality and interpretation.

I thought Mao had skated so well, but wondered if there were under-rotations in there. Guess so. However, Japan still loves her the most of all their skaters judging from the ice covered with flowers and gifts.

I still love Sotnikova's skating because she has such lovely line, toe point, use of arms, spin positions, fabulous spiral position, etc. Much prefer her to Tukt.

Zi Jun Li is lovely too and I'm becoming a fan. She skates like a delicate ballerina. Shades of LuLu!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maofan7 View Post
    Finally, the last video list of the last major competition of the season - now complete! Looking forward to September and the start of a new season, when we will start all over again. The good news is that the YouTube coverage this season has been better than ever, with more fans than ever uploading the videos. Hence, whilst TV may have temporarily deserted the sport, at least the fans with the assistance of YouTube, have been able to step in and plug the gap. There is still hope in terms of saving the sport yet!
    Maofan7 - thank you for the great job you did this season with linking all these clips. For me it was not only YouTube which provided opportunity to follow the competitions, but also the great work you did with providing all these links. You rock! +

Regarding the ladies competition I came across an interesting interview with Adelina Sotnikova that was done after WTT:
    http://fsrussia.ru/news/560_adelina-...a-i-podvelo--/

There is a translation of it in the Russian skating news thread if anyone is interested in it:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...er-2013/page21

vCash
    Ashley tops Gracie once again. Absolutely no doubt who is DA NUMBAH-ONE QUEEN OF USA ICE!!!!

Congrats to Akiko for a redeeming end to her season.

Full-steam-ahead to Sochi!!!!!!!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Ashley tops Gracie once again. Absolutely no doubt who is DA NUMBAH-ONE QUEEN OF USA ICE!!!!

Congrats to Akiko for a redeeming end to her season.

Full-steam-ahead to Sochi!!!!!!!
    Exactly how is Ashley beating Gracie by .57 points a decisive win? Gracie was one doubled jump away from beating Ashley. If she gets any kind of decent programs next year and learns how to perform Ashley won't be beating her with only 3-2 combo's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Exactly how is Ashley beating Gracie by .57 points a decisive win? Gracie was one doubled jump away from beating Ashley. If she gets any kind of decent programs next year and learns how to perform Ashley won't be beating her with only 3-2 combo's.
    Well Wagner also lost some levels and had more costly errors in the short, yet still beat Gold. So while it was close, Wagner still had some breathing room.

Now that Mills and Wagner have parted ways, who is to say Wagner won't get some even more amazing programs for next season.

vCash
    All Gracie needs to do is raise her PCS a few points and Ashley could in trouble. Gracie already has the edge technically and can improve her overall skating but Ashley at this stage of her career is going to be hard pressed to suddenly start doing 3-3 combo's.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213