Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Tatjana Flade just tweeted:
    "Update on K. Menshov (RUS): The shoulder was put back into place under anesthetic. Kostia was released from hospital and back in the hotel."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Hope his recovery goes well.

vCash
    MEN'S FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Daisuke TAKAHASHI (JPN) - 249.52 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
    2. Patrick CHAN (CAN) - 240.21 Free Skate
    3. Kevin REYNOLDS (CAN) - 237.65 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    4. Max AARON (USA) - 236.62 Free Skate
    5. Takahito MURA (JPN) - 233.68 Free Skate
    6. Jeremy ABBOTT (USA) - 231.84 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    7. Brian JOUBERT (FRA) - 227.95 Free Skate
    8. Maxim KOVTUN (RUS) - 221.79 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    9. Han YAN (CHN) - 207.81 Free Skate
    10. Yi WANG (CHN) - 183.57 Free Skate
    11. Romain PONSART (FRA) - 165.59 Free Skate
    WD. Konstantin MENSHOV (RUS) Free Skate

vCash
    I love the skating skills of Han Yan, Abbott , Dai and Chan. I think Abbott and Chan have standout choreography and programs. Abbott's interpretation is so moving and beautiful. Yan has gorgeous stroking. Dai very fluid but little choreography in the free. Chan still had some fab moments in that free. So much choreography and beautiful quality transitions and gorgeous quad/triple combo. I cannot get into Reynolds or Aaron's skating at all.....actually it is mostly jumping and not much sophistication going on with the blades on the ice or choreography. I hope this is not the direction of men's skating, though I am glad to see a consistent US man. I cannot believe Aaron trained in the same rink as Chan and has not at least been inspired to refine the quality of his skating.

vCash
    Twitter:

Jackie Wong ‏@examinerskating 2h

PHOTOS: Men's free skate yesterday at the 2013 World Team Trophy! http://exm.nr/17xyxtp #WTT13

vCash
    I`m really happy for Dai – how great for him place first in front of his homecrowd. Good he was able to end the season on a high note. Waiting impatiently to see him competing in the Olympic season again!

Chan – I hoped that he would finally skate to his potential, without discussions regarding judges’ marks following afterwards, but apparently not. And he also already managed to get himself in troubles with some comments made afterwards. Just his usual self and pretty unfruitful to watch him skate like that.

Menshov – I was relieved that I couldn`t watch the the men’s free live it at work, but only later on. This was really heartbreaking and made me teary. : Finally he has a chance to show what he is capable off and then he gets injured. Looks like some Russian Fed officials’ voodoo-toys worked, cause they must have felt pretty stupid after his SP. Hope he will recover quickly and return even stronger.

Max Aaron – he did great this year considering he competed for first time at major events. The speed and abandon he has when approaching the jumps is just . I really like him, though I’m usually not so much with the “Jumpers”, but I think he still has room& ability to develop. And he seems to be a smart guy who will certainly work hard to improve weaknesses.

vCash
    Nice post, Katarzyna...very thoughtful, and I agree with everything you said!

a suburb of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
    vCash
    Is is possible that Mr. Chan is injured, and that is the reasons for so many falls?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Lee View Post
    Is is possible that Mr. Chan is injured, and that is the reasons for so many falls?
    He did not cite injury as an excuse.

From the Japan Times (English language) article: http://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2...s-competition/
    “It’s very frustrating to end the season like this,” said Chan. “We don’t really have a choice for this event. My reason for coming here was for the team.”

Chan implied that fatigue was a factor in his poor performance this night.

“I had such a great season with the world championships in Canada, and it is hard to travel all the way here,” he stated. “My body is just not happy competing at this time of year. I would prefer to be getting ready for the Olympics.”
    More quotes are posted in the Chan thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3899826
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789