Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    The notion about bra and breast cancer risk is not supported by evidence. I did a search despite years of working in cancer research, thinking may be a new link was found since I quit but no, nothing.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    This isn't really related but just out of curiosity, what is your profession?
    What would Jenny do?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I gave you the details privately as this is a public forum. I deal with CTS almost daily in an outpatient medical clinic.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    My bra is "outside clothes" aka I don't wear one at home. The ones I do get are cheap and have poorly placed underwire, so I just cut them out.

I got these awesome little half-bra/bralet things from Walmart that are really comfortable. They're cotton like a sports bra, but don't compress, and have nice thin non-racerback straps that don't look terrible if they show. They were particularly great when I was in the Caribbean and it was hotter than hell, I just wore it under a loose tank top and who cares if it shows.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I buy my bras at Nordstroms. They, and Macys, are pretty much the only places that carry my size besides online. They are not cheap.

As for what I think? I'd have to look at the original study because I think, from everything I've seen up until now, they've never before shown that a bra either helps OR hurts when it comes to sagging.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    What about running without a sports bra? Has to be uncomfortable.
    Uncomfortable, and I believe can damage the tissue. I have a friend about to run a marathon and until recently she was running in a regular bra. She's very small, but we insisted she get one. She's at the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    I buy my bras at Nordstroms. They, and Macys, are pretty much the only places that carry my size besides online. They are not cheap.

As for what I think? I'd have to look at the original study because I think, from everything I've seen up until now, they've never before shown that a bra either helps OR hurts when it comes to sagging.
    I'm really, really lucky to be in the UK, because here it's super easy to buy bras from a 28 back, and all the way up to a very large cup. I think the store I was in yesterday goes up to an L or an M. A friend in the states was fitted into a 36DD by VS, and then a 28G in the UK. She can't believe the difference it's made in her life. Same cup size, but finally getting support in the back band, meaning the straps don't dig in.

There's no way in hell I'll ever go without a bra. I'm too big I sleep in a soft crop because I have a deep, irrational fear of a fire alarm going off in the middle of the night and having to stand in the street in my pjs
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    I sleep in a bra, but only a loose, wire-free one...my mom always told me never to sleep in an underwire so I don't, lol. I just don't feel comfortable without it.

vCash
    Dr Otto Titzling, inventor of the bra, is rolling in his grave. (Trivial Pursuit is never wrong....)

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave of the North View Post
    Dr Otto Titzling, inventor of the bra, is rolling in his grave. (Trivial Pursuit is never wrong....)
    Do you sleep in a bra, Dave?

I used to sleep naked but a couple of years ago started wearing a sleepshirt. Can't even imagine wearing anything more constricting.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Do you sleep in a bra, Dave?
    I wouldn't do that, Dave.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    My bra is "outside clothes" aka I don't wear one at home.
    Me too! Well, I wear one at home if I came home and didn't change, but I don't put one on if I'm not leaving the house. Honestly, I still sometimes don't wear one when I'm going out on errands, but always wear one to work.

I just buy cheap bras- there is a brand from Target I really like. Since I'm going for coverage more than support, they seem to work fine.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    There's no way in hell I'll ever go without a bra. I'm too big I sleep in a soft crop because I have a deep, irrational fear of a fire alarm going off in the middle of the night and having to stand in the street in my pjs
    not so irrational, it happened to several people on this board at hartford skate america
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    not so irrational, it happened to several people on this board at hartford skate america
    It happened to a few of my clients who were staying in the same hotel a couple of years ago, too, and when I was living in a high density dormitory at university. I was away that particular night, but apparently there were a few people standing in their underwear in the snow
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    In the dead of the winter when it was about 25 degrees out and my roommate liked to sleep with all the windows open, I sometimes slept in a bra because it was one less piece of cold clothing I had to put on in the morning

In the heat of the summer when it was 100 degrees out and we didn't have AC, sometimes nobody slept with anything on

vCash
    I actually saw this on a television show years ago here in Canada. The guy was saying that breasts (the muscles beneath) get used to being held up so without a bra they sag...maybe it was a Dini Petty show...

I only wear bras when I'm going outside the house, otherwise I wear those same little tank top/bra-let things from Walmart mentioned above. I love them. I am relatively flat chested so don't need a lot of support and I find my bra fit difficult to get, so I feel "formal" when wearing one. I'm so glad to get home so I can ditch it and get my little tank top on.

that being said, I hate to go without wearing my little tank... hanging free even with my modest amount just seems too naked, lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maatTheViking View Post
    I have some sleep bras which are very soft and loose, I use them while pregnant (bumping your boobs on your belly can get uncomfortable)
    I never thought about that even being possible! I guess it's hard to imagine when you have tiny, pre-teen boobs. I never had that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post

I got these awesome little half-bra/bralet things from Walmart that are really comfortable. They're cotton like a sports bra, but don't compress, and have nice thin non-racerback straps that don't look terrible if they show. They were particularly great when I was in the Caribbean and it was hotter than hell, I just wore it under a loose tank top and who cares if it shows.
    I have those exact same bras.
    Team Peeps!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    I have those exact same bras.
    Me too- but they are way too confining to wear as a regular bra! They don't compress a lot like a regular sports bra, but they do push down a bit. (I have about 3/4 of an A.)

vCash
    No way in hell I am ever leaving the house without my kaboomers contained and strapped down. Seriously, there are some things you just don't want to see.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I'm on my phone so can't check the link, but is this study all about the look/sagging issues? Because that's not really my concern. I find it incredibly uncomfortable to exist in this world braless. There's comfort and there is also back pain, which bras minimize, but don't eliminate.

If I had small boobs I probably wouldn't care about bras at all - I'd have sports bras for when I really needed them and that's it.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    There's comfort and there is also back pain, which bras minimize, but don't eliminate.
    I'm small breasted as I said before, but I find my bra to CAUSE back pain. I don't have issues on days where I go multiple in a row with a bra, but most always have mid back pain, right below my bra strap, on days where I wear a bra for more than 4-5 hours. The strap is not too tight, that's not the cause.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast