Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Ro View Post
    This is more common than you might think. I was fully-grown at age 12, which meant I was 5'5", 118 lbs, had a 24-inch waist and a 34A chest. I'm 46 now and I'm 130 lbs (more muscle), have a 25-inch waist, and I wear a 36A bra. My mother, who is now 67, was also fully-grown at age 12, and her size has not changed over the years. She's still a 36A (runs in the family), and has probably a 26-inch waist. Whenever we gain weight, it's in our hips and thighs, never anywhere else. We have a tendency to be bottom-heavy, or pear-shaped. This is 100% genetic. (We're also of Polish descent.)
    You're so lucky to have maintained your figure so well! A 25 inch waist is tiny Based on that though, I simply don't believe you're a 36A. My sister has a 35 inch waist and is a 36 something. If you were fitted in the UK, they'd put you in a 28DD or 30D, which are sister sizes to 36A
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    I wished I had written down a funny line from last night's episode of Hell's Kitchen. One of the contestants (Nedra) was running and her well endowed watermelons were flying all over the place and she said something to the effect that if she had known she was going to have to run she'd have worn 3 bras.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafras View Post
    I wished I had written down a funny line from last night's episode of Hell's Kitchen. One of the contestants (Nedra) was running and her well endowed watermelons were flying all over the place and she said something to the effect that if she had known she was going to have to run she'd have worn 3 bras.

BTW, I love my new jog bras! Got them at Target. They're really, super comfortable and do the job. Boy, do they do the job! I'm really happy I didn't pay more than $14

O-

vCash
    For you bra-sizing experts, how much does boob shape play into it, and are there certain styles of bras that are better for certain shapes?

My breasts are not big at all, but their shape gives them the illusion of being bigger (which btw is NOT something I'm complaining about) which I think is why for so long I was given the wrong cup size. When I finally went to a professional, I needed a smaller cup AND a smaller band. I felt stupid that I'd gotten both wrong for so many years.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    For you bra-sizing experts, how much does boob shape play into it, and are there certain styles of bras that are better for certain shapes?

My breasts are not big at all, but their shape gives them the illusion of being bigger (which btw is NOT something I'm complaining about) which I think is why for so long I was given the wrong cup size. When I finally went to a professional, I needed a smaller cup AND a smaller band. I felt stupid that I'd gotten both wrong for so many years.
    Shape has a huge impact. You can be full on top, on the bottom, all over, and this has a huge impact on the style of bras that fit and flatter you. I read a really good blog on it, but I can't remember where. I'll have a hunt and get back to you after work

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    I'm bigger than I look because my breast tissue extends well underneath my armpit. So I look like an A cup because I'm so flat, but I'm really a B. And for most brands, only pushup styles will fit me properly. Otherwise it's all air in the cups.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    You're so lucky to have maintained your figure so well! A 25 inch waist is tiny Based on that though, I simply don't believe you're a 36A. My sister has a 35 inch waist and is a 36 something. If you were fitted in the UK, they'd put you in a 28DD or 30D, which are sister sizes to 36A
    Some of us aren't so well-figured. I'm so thin, you can see my ribs when I'm just standing normally, but apparently my ribcage is HUGE because my waist is 27 inches. It obviously won't get smaller with dieting, because my ribs are already visible. I'm so jealous of wasp-waisted girls! In the meantime, I joke I have the body of a cockroach.

Running from Morozov...I'm blonde, after all! IL
    vCash
    My ribcage is the same way. Even at my skinniest I'm extremely "barrel chested". I need a rib reduction.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    This is my current favorite

and this is a great convertible bra, for my shape, anyway. Not sure how to describe it though. Regular, I guess. Le shrug.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBgood View Post
    My ribcage is the same way. Even at my skinniest I'm extremely "barrel chested". I need a rib reduction.
    Yeah I don't want a tiny waist THAT badly. For all I know, my body has compensated by having my lungs and stomach (or other internal organs) take up a lot of room in there.

I've actually found my waist looks smaller when my hips and thighs are bigger. Thank you weightlifting!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Some of us aren't so well-figured. I'm so thin, you can see my ribs when I'm just standing normally, but apparently my ribcage is HUGE because my waist is 27 inches. It obviously won't get smaller with dieting, because my ribs are already visible. I'm so jealous of wasp-waisted girls! In the meantime, I joke I have the body of a cockroach.
    I'm sure you don't have the body of a cochroad

Even so, I doubt someone with a waist measurement of 25 inches has a rib measurement of 36 inches. It's perfectly normal for ribs to be bigger than your waist, and I'll bet it accentuates your waist rather than making you look like an insect

Running from Morozov...I'm blonde, after all! IL
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Yeah I don't want a tiny waist THAT badly. For all I know, my body has compensated by having my lungs and stomach (or other internal organs) take up a lot of room in there.

I've actually found my waist looks smaller when my hips and thighs are bigger. Thank you weightlifting!
    Ohhh probably. lol That was just my frustration talking.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456