Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    I wonder if their FD will have a CHOR seq. that includes Madison shaving her head ....
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    FD protocols: http://www.isuresults.com/results/wt...D_D_Scores.pdf

@USFigureSkating tweeted after Chock/Bates' FD:
    Already looking to next season, @chockolate02 @Evan_Bates tell the media they will skate to music from "Les Miserables" for their 2013-14 FD
    How original.

Is Igor trolling Marina by having the Reeds skate a Beatles medley that starts and ends like the Khokhlova/Andreev one did? You'd think with the Beatles having such a large catalog, some other choices might have been possible... also, they really shouldn't have beaten C/J.

vCash
    Wow music news for a dance team already!!

vCash
    Twitter:

Jackie Wong‏@examinerskating 1h

VIDEOS: All six free dances from World Team Trophy earlier today now posted! http://exm.nr/10UWPag #WTT13

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maofan7 View Post
    FREE DANCE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Madison CHOCK & Evan BATES (USA) - 164.91 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
    2. Kaitlyn WEAVER & Andrew POJE (CAN) - 160.08 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
    3. Ksenia MONKO & Kirill KHALIAVIN (RUS) - 149.27 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
    4. Cathy REED & Chris REED (JPN) - 141.75 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
    5. Pernelle CARRON & Lloyd JONES (FRA) - 138.97 Free Dance
    6. Xiaoyang YU & Chen WANG (CHN) - 113.76 Free Dance
    In case anyone is wondering, the 2 main WTT video uploaders are secretgarden56789 and diodio0013plus (links titled "2nd Copy"). Thanks for compiling their links, Maofan7!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I wonder if their FD will have a CHOR seq. that includes Madison shaving her head ....
    It's a look

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    Wow, the Reeds got a nice home bonus there.
    I really liked the Reeds' performance. In fact, call me crazy, but I liked it even better than C/B!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    How original.

Is Igor trolling Marina by having the Reeds skate a Beatles medley that starts and ends like the Khokhlova/Andreev one did? You'd think with the Beatles having such a large catalog, some other choices might have been possible... also, they really shouldn't have beaten C/J.
    I think he is trolling Marina with the Les Miserables choice. Ice dancers usually don't announce music this soon, so that's a gotcha. Now she can't use it for any of her teams, and a lot of people had been speculating that D&W would use it. I guess it's a good strategy in general, if you plan to use very popular music in the Olympic season.

I also can't help but wonder if Igor was using this event as kind of an advertisement of his work. I was very surprised to read that C&B beat W&P so handily. I didn't watch, so I don't know if that's due to effective politiking or effective coaching. A lot of skaters are tired after Worlds and don't seem to train very seriously for WTT. I wonder if Igor made sure C&B stayed in shape so they could use WTT to make a statement for next season and so he could make a statement to some of Marina's teams, especially the Shibs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I think he is trolling Marina with the Les Miserables choice. Ice dancers usually don't announce music this soon, so that's a gotcha. Now she can't use it for any of her teams, and a lot of people had been speculating that D&W would use it. I guess it's a good strategy in general, if you plan to use very popular music in the Olympic season.

I also can't help but wonder if Igor was using this event as kind of an advertisement of his work. I was very surprised to read that C&B beat W&P so handily. I didn't watch, so I don't know if that's due to effective politiking or effective coaching. A lot of skaters are tired after Worlds and don't seem to train very seriously for WTT. I wonder if Igor made sure C&B stayed in shape so they could use WTT to make a statement for next season and so he could make a statement to some of Marina's teams, especially the Shibs.
    Igor is quite shrewd, and Chock/Bates made a very smart decision when they went with him to Novi. I'm not sure who exactly was responsible for getting Igor fired from Arctic Edge, but it strikes me as a very short-sighted decision. V/M and D/W will be fine, but beyond that, the Novi teams seem to me to have the advantage.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Igor is quite shrewd, and Chock/Bates made a very smart decision when they went with him to Novi. I'm not sure who exactly was responsible for getting Igor fired from Arctic Edge, but it strikes me as a very short-sighted decision. V/M and D/W will be fine, but beyond that, the Novi teams seem to me to have the advantage.
    He must be anxious to prove himself. Marina kept the teams that swept the podium in 2011. He's definitely going to be out to prove that her only success lies in teams he trained, and that he can bring up teams that will beat hers. I would want him on my side, that's for sure.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Well, if that blocks D/W from doing "Notre Dame de Paris v.2",

On the other hand, the same musical choice didn't stop the back-to-back "Carmens" this year.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Igor, please let one of your teams announce that they are using Romeo and Juliette...just in case Marina takes that romantic route for V/M

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post

On the other hand, the same musical choice didn't stop the back-to-back "Carmens" this year.
    D&W can do the sexy Les Mis.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    D&W can do the sexy Les Mis.
    They can certainly try.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post

I don't think one can skate to Carmen and reasonably believe there won't be others. But actually, in one of the press conferences, C&L said they had a different dance first, and after changing to Carmen, they learned V&M were using it, but it was too late and they didn't have time to change dances again. V&M said that at some point during the summer they scrapped their Carmen and re-choreographed it [I assume, though it was unstated, that they did this when they learned C&L were using it]. So I think that C&L and/or V&M would not have chosen it had they known someone else already had it for sure. [My personal theory is Igor gave it to C&L to mess with V&M and is trying to mess with D&W now - ie, targeting whichever of Marina's teams is not current world champion, in hopes that they will switch to him].

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Igor He sure is doing good for Madison & Evan.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    I think Charlie and Evan are good enough friends that music and program theme skullduggery would be rather pointless--i.e., Charlie probably already knew before the announcement.

vCash
    Where has there been speculation that David and White are going to use Les Miserables? This is the first I've heard of it and sure hope it isn't true.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Nowhere official, but I've seen it suggested a few times on FSU.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    I've only seen it suggested in the V/M thread. There's no basis for it.
    Last edited by literaryfreak; 04-12-2013 at 11:15 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast