Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Translated English version of a chinese article on the show. It talked about the various skaters and the technology used in the show.

Kurt's blog on 12 June on his China trip. Sounds like he's having a great eating spree. He thinks he needs a belt extender in the plane on way home.
    Last edited by spikydurian; 06-14-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-15-2013 at 06:20 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Saw it yesterday. Kurt Browning was amazing, so was Zijun's Song of Music - though Tango program was a bit boring. Han Yan did the highest split jump I've ever seen. To be put in perspective, he is probably even faster and more powerful than Patrick Chan. Patrick's programs were so mediocre, certainly not getting the kind of attention Johnny did (I had no idea Johnny has so many female fans in China. There were people shouting his name all across the arena.). I don't think casual viewers got the idea of Patrick's "I need a dollar"at all... Also Alissa's skating skills was quite impressive, but she only did a very low 1A and looked in worse competition shape than Slutskaya and Joannie.
    Pretty good show in general. As usual, the audience went the craziest for the acrobats.

vCash
    I'm looking forward to tonight!

vCash
    delete. double post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    I'm looking forward to tonight!
    Enjoy Angelskates. Looks pretty high tech show to me with all the special effects.

Quote Originally Posted by analia
    As usual, the audience went the craziest for the acrobats.
    I think the audience in China enjoy spins and jumps. They seem to clap the loudest when there are jumps and spins. So not surprising that they love the acrobats.

vCash
    Live stream from Beijing:
    http://tv.weibo.com/tv/51379/1623760

Prick Admin
    vCash
    That's a rather unfortunate haircut that Hongbo Zhao has.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    Live stream from Beijing:
    http://tv.weibo.com/tv/51379/1623760
    WOW Thank you, reut. You are the best!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    Kurt looked sort of uncomfortable in that group. LOL.

Weir is always striking some sort of pose in his pictures. Can he even be natural anymore?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    HQ videos from sponsor of the the Taipei show:
    Czisny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwLB7tCn9VM
    Czisny looks so awkward in these types of numbers. She should stick with doing the straightforward "pretty" stuffs.

vCash
    Full arena, live broadcast, someone please do something like this here in the USA

vCash
    Kurt Browining rocks my world! Love the guy! The lighting effects were amazing. Loved the ice becoming an ocean and a basketball court; those guys were awesome! Biggest disappoint was Alissa, everyone else was great. Loved Kurt, Stephane, Patrick and the Egypian dancers. So tired. It was annoying it started half an hour late, and again too much talking, same as every year. May post more tomorrow.

The arena wasn't full! It still had about 1/4 of the for sale seats available, and 1/3ish weren't for sale because the background blocked them. Many people left early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Czisny looks so awkward in these types of numbers. She should stick with doing the straightforward "pretty" stuffs.
    I can compare her to Sarah Meier, for instance, who used to do only the nice and "pretty" stuff, but then she did a very sexy show program to Christina Aguilera's 'Not Myself Tonight', and she did it surprisingly well. But Alissa still looks like a little girl in this 'I like the way you move' number. It's good when someone wants to try something different than they did before, but if that doesn't work out well, then it's better to stop and search for something different. If that doesn't work out either, one should return to what one does best.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 06-16-2013 at 09:40 PM.

vCash
    I like Alissa's programme, but I don't think she is full recovery. Maybe she doesn't train enough yet. I wish Alissa the best. Love watching her skate! Go Alissa!
    Last edited by ana; 06-16-2013 at 06:22 PM.

vCash
    Article in English and photo of Alissa Czisny, Irina Slutskaya & Joannie Rochette from the Beijing press conference: http://english.cri.cn/11354/2013/06/16/195s770436.htm
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Whoa! Irina looks positively cranky! LOL!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    I thought Alissa's second program, Blue River, was beautiful, but I was very disappointed that she didn't seem up to be any where near 100%.

I really enjoyed Kurt Brownning's smoothness on the ice. He reminds me of Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire when he is on the ice.

I was not very impressed with Li Zijun's performances. Everything about them seemed very so-so. The Tango was a bit boring to me and her arms appear to have taken over her skating, as if more arm movement= more artistic quality.

P.Chan's I need a dollar routine had some phenomenal edges and great footwork. Loved it! I dig Johnny Weir's personality and his over the topness and poses do seem to be "natural" for him... (whatever natural means, anyway).

vCash
    although the show is better than last year,I think there are less audience than last year,the stadium is just about half full...

I can't believe lambiel's "Run" can rock the arena,but he DID!really breathtaking!a perfect program and performace! SO for sure.
    Kurt's "Singing in the rain" is the other great number,the suit he wore is the one he wore 20 years ago,amazing!.
    Chan and Yan's skating skill is too outstanding,I was worried about they may rush out of the ice lol

And as all the people said,acrobats are the most popular here,cause most of the audience never saw figure skating...and Johnny has most die-hard female fans,I saw over 20 girls who brought many flowers and banners cheered for him wildly together.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast