vCash

Reasons My Son Is Crying Tumblr

So this dad takes photos of his son and then captions them with the real reason his son is crying. I think if I were his son, I'd find it hilarious when I was older. Good going Dad!

Reasons My Son Is Crying

vCash
    This blog cracks me up. I really hope that baby smiles some too.

vCash
    I saw it too and about died. The kid will hate it when he's a snotty teen who thinks he's all that, but will think its hilarious when he has kids of his own, lol!

vCash
    The dad and his sons were on Good Morning America this morning; it's the first I heard of the blog. Hilarious!

ETA:
    "I told him that forcefully cramming his toys into his brother’s face is not the same as “sharing”.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    The dad and his sons were on Good Morning America this morning; it's the first I heard of the blog. Hilarious!

ETA:

We wouldn’t let him open the hotel door and run naked through Times Square.

vCash
    My favorite is "I have no idea why my son is crying"
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

vCash
    The milk isn't juice

En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    vCash
    Diner floor candy is the best kind.

vCash
    I just don't remember my kids crying that much. I had three. my husband says I not having amnesia.
    Last edited by mrr50; 04-10-2013 at 01:43 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrr50 View Post
    I just don't remember my kids crying that much. I had three. my husband say I not having amnesia.
    Not all kids do.

vCash
    Mommy isn’t here when he woke up. This is the 80th consecutive Tuesday morning she hasn’t been here when he woke up. (Also, the milk is in the wrong cup.)
    He asked me to put butter on his rice. I put butter on his rice.
    TOTALLY reminds me of my contrarian daughter. And if you DIDN'T do something--slice cheese, cut the crusts off a sandwich, slice the sandwich diagonally and NOT in squares (or the reverse), it was a total tragedy.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Mommy isn’t here when he woke up. This is the 80th consecutive Tuesday morning she hasn’t been here when he woke up. (Also, the milk is in the wrong cup.)
    The kid doesn't appear to be much more than 80 weeks old. I doubt he has a concept of "Tuesday."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    The kid doesn't appear to be much more than 80 weeks old. I doubt he has a concept of "Tuesday."
    Then it's probably that the milk is in the wrong cup!

A recently married friend of mine said that this Tumblr is more effective than her birth control
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    At 80 weeks (OMG- how long do you count babies ages in weeks? That's almost 2 years old...) kids can understand time and patterns. By this point in time, most would be used to having a day where Mom is no there. Just like the 1 year olds I had who did once a week preschool. Even though it was different from the everyday routine, they always remembered they had 1 day the previous week, and it became routine. Kids generally do well with routine.

vCash
    The caption seems (to me) to be implying "Isn't it silly that my son is crying because mommy isn't there when he woke up. She's never there when he wakes up on Tuesdays. He should be used to this by now."

But from the kid's point of view, I doubt he's thinking "Oh, right, Tuesday. Mommy isn't here. Blah, Tuesdays suck."

Probably more like "Mommy isn't here again. I hate it when she isn't here!" with no concept of how many days it's been since the last time she wasn't there.

Just me
    vCash
    The reason his son is crying? Because he gets soooooooooo much attention when he's doing it.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    My coworker's 2-year-old will start WAILING when her mother dares to try and go the bathroom by herself. When I saw it, I was although another friend was trying to comfort the 2-year-old.

I would totally be the kind of parent to make this kind of Tumblr.

vCash
    My son doesn't cry that often, though he does have breakdowns over silly stuff like this. He usually just yells NO! NO! NO! or gives me the pouty face. The latter is way more effective, if I have been stern on something (like don't drink the bath water, by god, why does bathwater taste good?) he pouts, looks silly/adorable doing it, I laugh, he gets rid of stern mom. I think he is manipulating me...
    Check out my baking blog at http://morethandough.wordpress.com, and like it on facebook. Thanks!