Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

vCash

All That Skate 2013 (Jun 21~23)

"Samsung Galaxy ★ Smart Aircon" All That Skate 2013 will be held on June 21-23 at the Olympic Park Gymnastics Arena in Seoul.

http://sports.media.daum.net/general...30409134907090

Skaters known as of now.

• Yuna Kim
    • Joannie Rochette
    • Stephane Lambiel
    • Kurt Browning
    • Vladimir Besedin & Oleksiy Polishchuk

Reportedly Yuna will perform a new gala and it will be the only show for Yuna and All That Skate this year.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Wow.. great veterans.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Yay!!!!!!!!

vCash
    I've always wondered a bit about the title All That Skate. Is it supposed to be like All That Jazz, or, all that are here can skate. Dumb question, I know, but I've just always thought that it was kind of a weird named for a skating show...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    I've always wondered a bit about the title All That Skate. Is it supposed to be like All That Jazz, or, all that are here can skate. Dumb question, I know, but I've just always thought that it was kind of a weird named for a skating show...
    Of course like All That Jazz . And I personally have never found it weird.

vCash
    Ithought ATS was the name of Yuna's Marketing firm as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Ithought ATS was the name of Yuna's Marketing firm as well.
    But it's not "All That Skate", it's "All That Sports":
    http://www.atsports.co.kr/index/index.html#

Thank you for the news, RunnersHigh!
    Glad to see Stéphane in the cast (obviously ). Some of his fans were worried that he will miss it because of his circus project. Hope they don't worry any more.

vCash
    reut, yes it is All that Sports for the whole organization but it makes sense that All That Skate is the skating portion of all that sports doesnt it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    reut, yes it is All that Sports for the whole organization but it makes sense that All That Skate is the skating portion of all that sports doesnt it.
    It does. It was just a little clarification to your words that "ATS was the name of Yuna's Marketing firm as well". It's not the same name, so technically it's not "as well".

vCash
    Stéphane deserves a kind of certificate for attending every All That Skate show

vCash
    Event information at Samsung Camera Facebook!

Head over to our NX300 app for the NX SPEED PASS event! Grand prize is a trip to Seoul, Korea, to watch gold medalist Yuna Kim skate gracefully on ice.

Get your NX Speed Pass for a chance to win daily prizes! Including a Samsung SMART CAMERA NX300. an all-inclusive trip to Seoul to photograph the gold medalist figure skater Yuna Kim in action!

Grand Prize: Trip to Seoul to capture the Gold medalist Yuna Kim!
    • Entry Period : 2013.04.25~05.23
    • Winner Announcement : 2013.06.10
    • Travel Period : 2013.06.20~06.23

The trip includes :
    • Special hospitality program
    • Transportation, accomodation, and other expenses

Daily Prize
    • Official NX300 Usain Bold 8GB USB Stick 10 sticks per day.
    • Usain Bolt autographed t-shirt 1 frame per week.
    • Usain old autographed shoes 1 pair per week.
    Last edited by RunnersHigh; 04-29-2013 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Daily Prize Added
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Casting

Ladies
    Yu-Na Kim
    Joannie Rochette
    Ashley Wagner
    Hae-Jin Kim

Men
    Kurt Browning
    Stephane Lambiel
    Javier Fernández
    Jin-seo Kim

Pair
    Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR Maxim TRANKOV
    Aliona SAVCHENKO and Robin SZOLKOWY

Acrobatics
    Vladimir Besedin-Olesen Polishchuk

Adagio Pair
    Fiona Zaldua and Dmitry Sukhanov
    Last edited by ehdtkqorl123; 05-09-2013 at 05:55 AM.

vCash
    Yay!!! Javier Fernández! is coming!!!
    Loved "Aerobics Class!!" I really enjoyed it in London.

This too will pass away.

vCash
    Kim Yuna’s skating show meets ‘Les Misérables’

The theme of ‘Figure Queen’ Kim Yuna’s June skating show will be the musical ‘Les Misérables’.

Kim’s management, All That Sports(ATS) announced that the concept of the ‘Samsung Galaxy ★ Smart AirCon All That Skate 2013’ will be ‘Les Misérables - Dream, Dare, and Love’. The skating show will be held at the Olympic Gymnastics Stadium in Seoul on June 21~23.

The concept of the show is the very same that is portrayed in the original book of ‘Les Misérables’; the meaning of love and forgiveness, hope and redemption; comfort to all who are weary of daily routines; and encouragement to everyone willing to take a chance.

ATS is planning to enhance the heart-touching story of ‘Les Misérables’, the program that led Kim to a gold medal at the World Figure Skating Championships in March. In part, ATS also means to continue the Korean ‘Les Mis’ frenzy that was sparked by Kim’s free skating music choice and the great success of the movie and the musical, to the ice show as well.

“In order to create a realistic feeling, as if spectators were watching the musical, key structures to the musical, such as buildings, barricades, symbolic objects, and screen images will be incorporated in the ice show. In addition, skaters will perform a group number that will express the memorable scenes in the musical.” said Koo Dong-Hui, the director of the show, ATS vice-president.

Not only is this the first time that a Korean skating show has attempted to combine a skating show with a musical, but also quite rare across the world. This show will have both the excitement of an ice show and the emotions of the musical ‘Les Misérables’, creating a musical ice show with a presence to match another thing to keep fans anticipated.

Kim will perform her free program ‘Les Misérables’ once again in front of her Korean fans.

“Many of my fans love the program and it is also a program that I love as well. Sometimes I wonder if I can come out with a program better than this,” said Kim, mentioning her affection for her program in a former interview. Her words are enough to make her fans expectant for the show.

‘Samsung Galaxy ★ Smart AirCon All That Skate 2013’ will be held at the Olympic Gymnastics Stadium in Seoul on June 21~23.

Tickets can be purchased at Interpark Tickets (http://ticket.interpark.com, 1544-1555) starting on May 15, 7 PM. More information about the program and ticket prices will be announced later.

◆ Translation ⓒ abyss / FEVERSKATING
    ◆ The Original : [OSEN] http://bit.ly/13cHwuD

vCash
    All That Skate 2013 teaser clip
    http://youtu.be/c4wDBk-_uCo

ATS 2013 Official site
    http://www.allthatskate.com/

vCash
    Oh my god!!

Tix for Saturday and Sunday were sold out! And 98.51% of all the tix were sold in 12 Hrs.
    Did you get your own tix? My fellow skating fans?
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    From All That Skate Summer 2012 To All That Skate 2013
    http://youtu.be/AtKl9Om2Vrc

vCash
    Of course like All That Jazz
    The comparison is not apt. "All that Jazz" as the title of Bob Fosse's autobiographical story is a play on words. The expression "and all that jazz" actually predates this title and means, more or less, "and all that stuff" or "and everything else". It doesn't really have anything to do with jazz or dance, which is why the Fosse title was clever.

So, yes, All That Skate, as a title for a skating show, makes no sense, at least in English. What makes it especially bad is that the expression "all that" does have a meaning and it is not a flattering one.

I'm guessing it was chosen by somebody who is not a native speaker of English and thought they were being clever, when they actually were insulting Kim (as in "she thinks she's all that").

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    The comparison is not apt. "All that Jazz" as the title of Bob Fosse's autobiographical story is a play on words. The expression "and all that jazz" actually predates this title and means, more or less, "and all that stuff" or "and everything else". It doesn't really have anything to do with jazz or dance, which is why the Fosse title was clever.

So, yes, All That Skate, as a title for a skating show, makes no sense, at least in English. What makes it especially bad is that the expression "all that" does have a meaning and it is not a flattering one.

I'm guessing it was chosen by somebody who is not a native speaker of English and thought they were being clever, when they actually were insulting Kim (as in "she thinks she's all that").
    I think that now you're trying to be too clever. You don't have to always search for special meanings, sometimes words/titles can be taken for what they are. I am aware of the meaning of that expression, and that it's not about jazz - I think "and all that stuff" is closer to the meaning in which it is most often used, than "and everything else", though. Also, "all that" are simply words, not just an expression. But I would agree that the meaning of this phrase can be bit derogatory - for example, if someone says "all that skating", by that they are lumping all skating together in one congeneric whole, which in turn means that they are not thinking highly of it at all. Therefore, I can't agree with your last sentence - the meaning that you're giving it there is quite contradictory to that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post

And this is a big deal because..................?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast