Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash

Wa-Po article: Evan Lysacek expects to be in Sochi

Nothing much new here except for his thought on the quad, which seem to have come full circle, but he's still planning on a comeback:

From the Washington Post
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    It's an Associated Press article. (author not mentioned)

ETA: The AP article is by Barry Wilner (haven't read any skating-related articles by him lately until this one): http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lysacek...9500--spt.html
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-08-2013 at 09:32 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    My recent hearsay info is that Lysacek has been training triple-triples.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    He didn't outskate plushenko. He outscored him. Big difference. The author is wrong. The system was changed because his outscoring was so atrocious and wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    Nothing much new here except for his thought on the quad, which seem to have come full circle, but he's still planning on a comeback:

From the Washington Post
    Lysaceks view on the quad doesn't seem to have changed. He would prefer not to see them and have skaters be clean. Rarely ever skating clean with a quad I could see why he would prefer not to see them but lots of skaters can not only skate clean with 1 quad but 2 or even 3. He really doesn't know what that is like. Not really something he ever did.
    Last edited by caseyedwards; 04-08-2013 at 09:41 PM.

vCash
    Lol plushenko sure is known for his mental weakness! Lysacek really unnerved plushenko!! Lol never heard that before ever! If anything it wasn't lysacek it was full realization after the sp that quads had no value.

vCash
    Interesting article

I really believe, he wants to compete in Sochi.

On Artur Gachinski's BANDWAGON (thanx l'etoile!)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Interesting article

I really believe, he wants to compete in Sochi.
    I believe he WANTS to skate in Sochi...but I'll believe he's actually planning on giving it a go when I see him actually put blades to competitive Ice...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    He didn't outskate plushenko.
    Wrong. He did in almost everyone's eyes but yours.

I would love to see Lysacek comeback and win Olympic Gold. Seeing the reactions would be so worth it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSfan107 View Post

I would love to see Lysacek comeback and win Olympic Gold. Seeing the reactions would be so worth it!
    It was an All triple program! Who cares?

vCash

I don't. Nothing against Evan, he's a very worthy OGM, but the young crop of skaters we have had since Vancouver haven't made me missed Evan one bit. I'm much more excited for the young skaters in the US like Brown, Johnson, etc than I have been in a long time.
    Of course, if he beats everyone fair and square nothing to say about that but I have serious doubts about his comeback...Anyway, all the best to him and may the best win!

vCash
    Let me guess, he plans to be in Sochi, then next month he will announce that he will compete in Skate America, then withdraw last minute, then he will "compete" at nationals...Etc.

It just seems that it's been the same story for a couple years now, I have nothing against Evan's skating, I'm also aware he had an injury or two, but if he was serious about returning, he would have been on competitive ice already.

vCash
    I can't wait to see Lysacek's reaction when Lysacek skates cleanly, but Chan still beats him after falling twice and stumbling out of a couple more jumps in the LP.

vCash
    He didn't outskate plushenko. He outscored him. Big difference. The author is wrong. The system was changed because his outscoring was so atrocious and wrong.

The author is not wrong, and that is not why the system was changed.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash

People probably wouldnt even be upset. Right now many think (dread) Chan will win it, and so even those who dont like Evan would think it is the lesser of the two evils if that ever happened, myself included. That said Evan has no chance at the Games, will probably come about 15th. He will be on the team for sure if he shows up at Nationals though. NBC will make sure of htat.

vCash
    Lol plushenko sure is known for his mental weakness! Lysacek really unnerved plushenko!! Lol never heard that before ever! If anything it wasn't lysacek it was full realization after the sp that quads had no value.
    Quads had value. I like Plushenko but besides his quad his skating in Vancouver was garbage. Without a quad he would have finished below Johnny Weir probably, and with them he very nearly won gold, even if he only had to beat the most generic and forgettable Olympic winner and winning performances in history.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    I don't. Nothing against Evan, he's a very worthy OGM, but the young crop of skaters we have had since Vancouver haven't made me missed Evan one bit.
    Who are those. I dont see super young skaters in the World or the U.S emerging since then. Chan who isnt even young these days anyway was already around then, he just improved further, and suddenly became a god who can no wrong to the judges. Gaschinski came and went. Brezina is still an enigma. Fernandez and Hanyu I guess, but that is it. Then the U.S there is a dearth of young talent, with the last 3 National titles going to journeyman entertainer Bradley as a retirement gift, 30 year old Abbott, and middle aged journeyman Max something or other. I agree nobody has missed Evan, but that isnt because of great young skaters.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    KimGOAT: See the quotation marks with the plus sign over there at the bottom right corner of posts? That's the multiquote feature. Click on that for every post you want to quote except the last one; when you get to the last post you want to quote, click on Reply With Quote.

And then all the posts you selected will be quoted in one post for your replies.

If Max Aaron is middle aged, I am positively ancient and should probably be enshrined by Guinness.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Well for a skater he is middle aged. Skaters amateur career is supposed to be from 15 to 25, and he is 21 or 22 isnt he.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KimGOAT View Post
    Well for a skater he is middle aged. Skaters amateur career is supposed to be from 15 to 25, and he is 21 or 22 isnt he.
    I hadn't realized there were rules about such things. Someone should have told Gizmo.

Do you have that multi-quote thing down now? I'd be happy to answer questions if you have them, since you seem determined to set a new posting record.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    My recent hearsay info is that Lysacek has been training triple-triples.
    Do you mean quad-triples? Because triple-triples aren't gonna get him very far. Evan's OGM-winning FS from 4 years ago has content that would make it hard for him to scrape into the top 10 at Worlds, and a number of skaters at JUNIOR worlds were trying more technically challenging programs than that, even. In fact, Jason Brown had a clean FS with content harder than Evan's OGM FS (both had no quad and two 3a, one in combo with 2t, but Evan had one 3-3 and in the first half of his program and his 3 jump combo was a 3-2-2, while Jason had two 3-3 combos (one counting as his 3 jump combo) and both were in the 2nd half) and it wasn't even enough to win JW, and that was with a few expected heavy-hitters missing from the field. So you get the picture.

Evan needs quads to be competitive for top 10 in Sochi, and that's IF he's retained his level of artistry, conditioning, spin and footwork difficulty and levels, flexibility, and transitioning ability from Vancouver. To have any hope to medal he'd need to have at least 1 quad in the FS, land it, land everything else, skate to the level he did in Vancouver, and then hope others make mistakes too. So considering he was injured, hasn't competed since Vancouver, is nearly 28, and never had a consistent quad in even his prime I'm going to believe his comeback and the seriousness of it when I see him competing next season. It's a huge ask and idk if he can do it. He already won Olympic Gold and if he goes back the result is likely to be much, much, lower. As they say, once you're on top, there's only one way to go...it would really look silly IMO, especially if he were to get named to the team in a controversial matter over a younger more deserving skater who isn't going to retire directly afterwards. Plus the 3a isn't a good jump for him either, at the GPF in 2009 he popped it in the FS and even landed it looks more like a salchow and won't get much GOE, and that's a big issue too as 3a and quads are where most of the guys are really racking up GOE points these days.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast