Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    "Avis also said another factor very well could have been that if they had gone to one of the US shows/networks, would it have focused on the MS and the Foundation set up by them to help raise money for the fight to find a cure and/or treatment for MS? No, more than likely not."

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    This seems to be my day for clarifying things for others that looked awfully straight forward to me on various boards...

They would have sensationalized the story more than focusing on what her husband (whose name I'm blanking on, so no disrespect intended) and Family wanted. Like, "See how America's Sweetheart has gone from the Golden Child to needing every little thing done for her...Etc, etc, etc...." That did *not* take place in the W5 piece and as I said earlier, the entire episode was handled w/great compassion, dignity and understanding of what the intent of the piece was. To try and raise awareness of MS and also to try and get the various trials or investigations out there in the US that had been looking at the Liberation Therapy back up.

That's what Avis meant when she said that and it seemed pretty clear to me at the time and still does. I also pretty much wrote what she said when asked about that, so I don't get what's got you confused about it.

vCash
    RIP, Annette. May there some day be a cure for MS.

vCash
    This one stings more than most other RIPs I've done here over the years. She was very much a contemporary, I was about 3 months older, and my 1st crush. I've followed her over the years and have been impressed by her. Let's just say she was not Lindsey Lohan. Like most everyone I knew of her MS and have been expecting this news for years. Still, the news comes as a most unpleasant surprise. My condolences to her family. May she rest in peace.

NJL......

Just me
    vCash
    She was every boy's crush and every girl's best friend. RIP Annette.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    Wonderful photos of Annette at Disneyland throughout the years, shared by the Disney Parks Blog.

RIP to a classy lady.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Cyn, I thought that line was "would you try that crap with Annette?" Who knew?
    That was in the lyrics for "Look at Me, I'm Sandra Dee" (I didn't know who Sandra Dee was at the time, either ). The line about Annette's jugs was dialogue between the T-Birds .

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    "Babes in Toyland" was my favorite movie as a very young child; it starred Annette and Tommy Sands, the Brittney-and-Justin of their day but with better voices. My daughter bought the DVD for me as a present once and you know what, they really were gorgeous people despite the silly costumes. Find "Just a Whisper Away" on ITunes if you want to hear what they sounded like, lovely song.

My sister died of MS too, four years ago, and it is a miserable, heartless disease. RIP Annette.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    That was in the lyrics for "Look at Me, I'm Sandra Dee" (I didn't know who Sandra Dee was at the time, either ). The line about Annette's jugs was dialogue between the T-Birds .
    It was probably cut when shown on TV - I guess I've watched it on TV too much. I didn't remember that line from the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar
    That's what Avis meant when she said that and it seemed pretty clear to me at the time and still does. I also pretty much wrote what she said when asked about that, so I don't get what's got you confused about it.
    My confusion was that you were unable to praise the program without putting down the US/US filmmakers.
    Last edited by taf2002; 04-09-2013 at 08:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    My sister died of MS too, four years ago, and it is a miserable, heartless disease. RIP Annette.
    I'm so sorry, PRlady.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    My confusion was that you were unable to praise the program without putting down the US/US filmmakers.
    Really? Can't handle the truth about the majority of US Television so called news specials these days?

As I said, I think it's safe to say most of us know what direction it would have gone if Annette's Husband and Family had gone to one of the major US Networks over this. I say again, W5 treated Annette, her Husband and Family w/class, compassion, but most importantly : Dignity. Could that have happened w/an US network? Possiblty, but all they care for the most part anymore are ratings and as I said, we have all seen how a story such as Annette's has been handled in the past and it's never good. Are there exceptions? Yes, but they are few and far between.

And now I'm off to add you to my Ignore list, as for some reason you tend to jump on my posts in threads of late for whatever reason and, most importantly, you highjacking this thread over something no one else has gotten into a fit over is rather disrespectful to those coming in here to share their Memories of a truly Lovely Lady. That ends right now!!

vCash
    OMG, chill.

4 More Years
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Really? Can't handle the truth about the majority of US Television so called news specials these days?

As I said, I think it's safe to say most of us know what direction it would have gone if Annette's Husband and Family had gone to one of the major US Networks over this. I say again, W5 treated Annette, her Husband and Family w/class, compassion, but most importantly : Dignity. Could that have happened w/an US network? Possiblty, but all they care for the most part anymore are ratings and as I said, we have all seen how a story such as Annette's has been handled in the past and it's never good. Are there exceptions? Yes, but they are few and far between.

And now I'm off to add you to my Ignore list, as for some reason you tend to jump on my posts in threads of late for whatever reason and, most importantly, you highjacking this thread over something no one else has gotten into a fit over is rather disrespectful to those coming in here to share their Memories of a truly Lovely Lady. That ends right now!!
    Pretty sure it's not taf hijacking the thread.

OMG, chill.
    I don't think she heard you.

vCash
    RIP, Annette. You suffered so much but brought much positivity to the world. Many young stars of today would do well to emulate what you were, a lady.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    you seriously need to get over your pompous self

(and sorry to say, but admins can't be ignored. I'm sure you already figured that out, though )
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    you seriously need to get over your pompous self

(and sorry to say, but admins can't be ignored. I'm sure you already figured that out, though )
    Would everyone please take the argument offline and let this thread properly focus on paying tribute to Ms. Funicello?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Grannyfan View Post
    When I was a kid, I couldn't decide whether I wanted to be Annette or Sandra Dee. Sadly, both are gone now.
    Grannyfan, may I add that, in my own case, I would have loved to have been Connie Stevens, too. (or just about any girl who got to kiss Troy Donahue when he was young and gorgeous.

Actually, as far as the Mouseketeers go, I also liked Cheryl and Sharon alot, too. Miss those shows, silly or not!

duane, wasn't the "Annette" series the one where she was accused of stealing a necklace that had actually slipped down inside the piano??? God, the things that are totally useless that I still remember!

I am glad Annette is gone; she suffered too long and too much. I remember seeing her a few years ago in an interview and she could barely speak but she did say she wanted to dance again. Now she can.

Thanks for all those great times, Annette.

vCash
    I remember seeing her a few years ago in an interview and she could barely speak but she did say she wanted to dance again. Now she can.
    I'll think of Annette, doing just that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaches LaTour View Post
    duane, wasn't the "Annette" series the one where she was accused of stealing a necklace that had actually slipped down inside the piano???
    That's the one!

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    A wonderful dear friend of mine with MS passed away a little over three years ago. She survived for 12 years, but the disease caused several complications and she ended up with Necrotizing Fasciitis like I had. She lost both of her legs, and then she passed away.

Rest in peace (((Dear Annette))) <3
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12