Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    If Michelle Kwan had never been born, the Space-Time Continuum would have been badly disrupted, Patrick Stewart would have ended up starring in the hit TV series Lost In Space: The Next Generation, and I would be uttering imprecations at the injustice of a universe without Michelle.

Seriously, according to the Many-Worlds theory, all possible alternative outcomes of all events and histories are realities in other, parallel universes. If Many-Worlds is true, then there are any number of universes in which Michelle was, indeed, never born; and any number of universes in which she won four OGMs, in 1998, 2002, 2006, and 2010. Plus a universe or two featuring the great Michelle Kwan-Sonja Henie rivalry.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    One would hope!

But did any of the US ladies attempt to mimic Kwan? I never saw it; Sasha Cohen, Angela Nikodinov and others all seemed different and diverse to me.
    Impossible to do.

vCash
    Wow.. tough question! Let me think very hard ..... hmmm... I got it! There will be no Kween Michelle in ladies figure skating.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    I would rather know what would be the state of US Ladies if instead of Tonya taking a hit out on Nancy, It had instead been S Cohen taking a hit out on Michelle before 2002 olympics?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    if she had never been born, harry bailey would have never saved all of those men and mary would work in the library
    attaboy, Clarence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater91 View Post
    I would rather know what would be the state of US Ladies if instead of Tonya taking a hit out on Nancy, It had instead been S Cohen taking a hit out on Michelle before 2002 olympics?
    She already tried to do it in the 2002 Nationals warmup. Unfortunately for her it just made the Kween made and ready to kick butt.

vCash
    Yeah. As nice and and sweet as Michelle Kwan can come across, one doesn't make it to the top (repeatedly) in such an individualistic sport if they don't have that killer mentality and survivor skills.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Yeah. As nice and and sweet as Michelle Kwan can come across, one doesn't make it to the top (repeatedly) in such an individualistic sport if they don't have that killer mentality and survivor skills.
    Yep, and I think Michelle and Sasha were always very different. Michelle's strength and determination seemed to be inner-focused (and she's said she didn't like to pay attention to how anyone else skated), while Sasha, in the earlier years, was always more outwardly aggressive and focused on everyone else, including and especially Michelle. Sasha matured a lot over the years though.

O-

vCash
    Didnt Sasha say one time Michelle Kwan should retire so she could have her chance to shine. To me that is almost a defeatist attitude, but she definitely was very Kwan obsessed for awhile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Didnt Sasha say one time Michelle Kwan should retire so she could have her chance to shine. To me that is almost a defeatist attitude, but she definitely was very Kwan obsessed for awhile.
    To be fair to Cohen, it was incredibly difficult to dethrone Kwan. Despite having a few losses to Lipinski and Hughes (twice with Hughes), Kwan was really the standard one had to meet to dethrone her. Even though Cohen had beaten her twice at Worlds (2004 and 2005) I think it was telling that John Nicks went on record to say that Cohen was the number 1 American. I think even if Kwan was vulnerable, there was still this perception that she was the best or at least one had to bring their A-game if they wanted to overcome her. That perception obviously forced Cohen to constantly think of Kwan. Maybe Sasha would have done better without the Kwan thorn on her side all those years, but then she didn't do as well as she could have internationally when Kwan didn't compete either (losing GPF to Suguri, the whole 2005-2006 season, etc.)

Banned Member
    vCash
    If Michelle Kwan doesn't compete.

Tara Lipinski rises to the top in 1996-1997, and wins every single event for 4 years. Then she has a hip injury.

Then we have the great three pronged Irina-Sasha-Sarah Rivalry.

After then, US skating goes intoa talispin as Zhang, Nagasu, and Flatt have not decided to go into skating.

Ashley Wagner (inspired by Tara Lipinski) double-foots and URs her way to 2 straight US titles going into 2010 olympics.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123