View Poll Results: Which of these things will Weaver & Poje achieve in their careers

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • Canadian title

154 82.35%
  • Olympic appearance

146 78.07%
  • World medal

156 83.42%
  • Grand Prix final medal

141 75.40%
  • Grand Prix event victory

131 70.05%
  • Olympic medal

100 53.48%
  • World title

99 52.94%
  • 2nd Olympics in 2018

104 55.61%
  • None of the above

11 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Which of these things will Weaver & Poje achieve at some point in their careers

I am a huge fan of Weaver & Poje and the above things are some of the things I would like to achieve someday which they havent done yet. Vote for the things you will think they will be able to do in their careers at some point. It is multiple choice so vote for all the ones you think they will do, and dont vote for the ones you think they wont.

vCash
    So much depends on her leg! If she didn't just destroy it at Worlds (and it didn't look like she did) I see them fighting for Olympic bronze next year. Amazingly enough, they seem to have gotten their mojo back since her injury. World title and 2018 Olympics seem like a stretch at the moment but everything else seems very possible. Less so, of course, if Meryl and Charlie continue. To tell you the truth, in a different mood I might give them the world title andGPF win too. When Marlie and Voir as well as P/B quit the scene, I could see W/P at the top. Definitely more so than Bobrova/Soloviev.

vCash
    I think some people are confused by my grand prix event win option. I mean just winning one of the 6 regular grand prixs, not winning the grand prix final (I have an option already for medalling, not neccessarily winning the grand prix final).

vCash
    If they both stay healthy, I can definitely see them winning a world medal as soon as next year, if V/M and D/W are not there (figures at at least one of them will skip it ) the door will be open for Kaitlyn and Andrew. I they continue past Sochi they could win 2014 Skate Canada, as well as the 2015 Canadian Title and another world medal (idk about gold though) . I can see Kaitlyn and Andrew snagging up as many medals between 2014-2016 as they possibly can, then retiring.

vCash
    I can really see them as world champs one day maybe after retirements.
    They have great connection with each other and have good coaching team and they are hard workers .

vCash
    Do I have it right, that a quarter of people so far dont think they will ever skate in an Olympics?

vCash
    I think they'll continue on a couple more years after 2014. V&M will retire and they'll get the Canadian title. In 2014 they'll go to the Olympics, and that year or in the next two years, they will win a World medal, a GP final medal, and have a GP event victory. I don't think they will win an Olympic medal because they likely won't get one in 2014 (will have a better chance at the post-Olympic Worlds when some Olympic medalists may not skate), and they will likely not continue until 2018. I can't see them winning a world title as I don't think they will have the ability to beat absolutely everyone in one competition - they seem like a team that will usually be challenging for the bronze medal position. I think Bobrova and Soloviev will win the next two or three world titles after Sochi unless something interrupts their ascent.

vCash
    I, for one ,slid past that Olympic appearance question...no fixing it now.

vCash
    National title, GP gold, GPF medal, world medal, world title, Olympic appearance.

vCash
    I am certain they will manage each of the first 5 at some point. I will shocked if they dont. The last 3 I am not as sure about but I think all are quite possible:

World title- Well Virtue & Moir are definitely retiring after Sochi (sadly, although I am happy W&P get the chance to be undisputed Canada #1 for awhile thereafter). Davis & White everyone assumed were to but there are some rumors of them continuing. Frankly I cant see D&W continuing if they win in Sochi (which I think they probably will), but if they dont they might continue, but not sure even then, 2018 is a long way away and I think even they would fear the judges would start to get bored with them and want someone new on top. The question is if they can win in a given year over a field that includes Bobrova & Soloviev, up and comers like Chock & Bates, possibly other strong Russians, and possibly even Capellini & Lanotte if they continue (and the huge obstacle of D&W if they somehow continue awhile longer). I think they could beat all comers and win a Worlds, but it wont be easy. I think Bobrova & Soloviev (barfs) might end up being the chosen ones to lead the next quad, especialy if they medal on home ice in Sochi, but we will see.

2nd Olympics in 2018- This one is also a tough one. I could see them hanging in that long, especialy if they dont medal in Sochi. Given the nature of dance they are young enough. It would depend alot on injuries and if they found themselves in good stead in the rankings as the Games got closer or not.

Olympic medal- Well they arent favored to win a medal in Sochi but I think they could. There is some that have suggested the judges would never allow a NA sweep though, but if they allowed it with the Shibutanis in 2011 I think they would. Beating Bobrova & Soloviev on home ice wont be easy though, especialy as W&P started losing to them regularly this season even before her injury. There are other strong contenders too. Then as mentioned above making it to 2018 is a question mark too.

vCash
    I am a huge fan of theirs, as well. My hope would be that they go till 2018, and between 2014 and 2018 get a few World medals. It is too early to predict if they can be Olympic contenders in 2018, but they are one of the most artistically sincere and technically secure teams out there ( and I do not see 3 teams ahead of them in 2018, if they keep on their trajectory). I hope they are good for at least a few World medals before they call it quits. A win is a bonus.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    If there is anyone who truly understood the poll and actually feels they wont ever make an Olympic appearance and meant to vote as such, could you please explain why. I am stunned anyone would genuinely think that. That would mean missing next years Olympic team (which would be unthinkable even if they had only 2 spots, let alone with 3).

vCash
    For W&P, I think the Canadian title is a given as is at least one Olympic appearance (Sochi). With V&M's last competition next season being the Olympics I do think a World medal is possible but might not happen until they are within the quad leading up to 2018, especially if P&B stick around. If D&W do worlds then we would have them, B&S and P&B. Of course it remains to be seen if this years finish for P&B holds up; signals the start of their slide down the rankings even if Fabian heals and he and Nathalie come back with a strong set of programs. I am bit worried for them at the moment.

I also see a multiple wins in separate GP events but perhaps not an overall GPF title though I see perhaps a medal or two at the GPF's.

I didn't choose a second Olympics even though it might be probable. I don't see why W&P wouldn't stay for another four years but others seem to feel they will not so I'm deferring to those posts as I sometimes am not as caught up on figureskating doings as I used to be. I think there might be an outside shot at a World title but W&P might have to deal with a possible Russian resurgence.

If they do stay for the 2018 Olympics, I see a chance for Kaitlyn and Andrew to medal but probably not the gold.

To see if most of these things come true, I'd like to wait and see how the teams shake out post Sochi.

vCash
    World medal in next WC 20014
    and 2015 Canadian title.
    BUT I wish them to win all the things in the pool !

My wish also is a bronze at Sochi. Can I dream ??

vCash
    They should achieve all given their talent. They are pretty much a lock for all except maybe the Olympic medal one, but they will probably medal in 2018, and could even win the bronze in 2014.

vCash
    Canadian title- will happen for sure next year
    world medal- already happened
    Olympic appearance- already happened
    grand prix victory- will happen for sure next year
    grand prix final medal- 95% likely to happen next year
    Olympic medal- impossible to say at this point
    world title- looks hopeful, but will see
    2nd Olympic appearance- hard to say, obviously will happen if they want it

vCash
    They have kept on improving and there is very little that is not within their reach if they stay for a few more years. I hope they do as I'm a fan of their hard work and dedication as well as them as people
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    They have already achieved all they will. They might win a grand prix and a grand prix final medal next year, but that is it. Gilles & Poirier will pass them as Canada #1. It makes me sick to hear some talking of them winning the 2018 Olympics. If a team like Weaver & Poje wins Olympic title when the godly Usova & Zhulin who are 20 times more talented did not, I would quit watching the ice dancing.

vCash
    That can't be your yardstick. OGMs don't always make sense - if they did then Michelle Kwan would have one & Sarah Hughes wouldn't have even been on the 2002 podium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Sarah Hughes wouldn't have even been on the 2002 podium.
    Yes she would have. Whether you are a fan of Hughes and her skating or not she was unquestionably 1 of the 3 best skaters in the world at the time, along with Kwan and Slutskaya. Hence why she was top 3 in every single competition she was in, including 2001 worlds, both grand prix finals, and the 2002 Olympics, ever since her 5th place at the 2000 worlds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast