Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    My very favorite was when she bought mini pie crusts, pre-made and pre-baked..of course. Then she bought a pie, I can't even remember what kind now. Maybe pumpkin. Then she SCOOPED OUT THE PUMPKIN PIE AND PUT IT IN THE BOUGHT CRUSTS. The end. You can't make this shite up.
    I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry about this atrocity committed against pies. WHAT DOES SHE HAVE AGAINST PIES? OR FOOD IN GENERAL?

A few years ago, I had jaw surgery. If I had a choice between that horrific liquid diet and Aunt Sandy's russipees, I'd pick the liquid diet EVERY TIME.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry about this atrocity committed against pies. WHAT DOES SHE HAVE AGAINST PIES? OR FOOD IN GENERAL?

A few years ago, I had jaw surgery. If I had a choice between that horrific liquid diet and Aunt Sandy's russipees, I'd pick the liquid diet EVERY TIME.
    Oh yes but Aunt Sandy has a liquid diet you might just love!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Oh yes but Aunt Sandy has a liquid diet you might just love!!
    If I drank I'm sure I'd loooove it! She'd be so proud.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Here you go, Lanie.

Goodness, does this woman abuse injectables or what? Her cheeks are about to burst.

Wait, I just noticed there is a Hanukkah cake? I must see this.

O.M.G. Gross! What's with the fake pearls and marshmallows? I think WE are the ones who are missing the point. This is really a comedy show.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 04-07-2013 at 09:54 AM.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    My very favorite was when she bought mini pie crusts, pre-made and pre-baked..of course. Then she bought a pie, I can't even remember what kind now. Maybe pumpkin. Then she SCOOPED OUT THE PUMPKIN PIE AND PUT IT IN THE BOUGHT CRUSTS. The end. You can't make this shite up.

And of course we can't forget the Apple Pie napoleons, where she bought a premade apple pie and proceeded to destroy it so she could create her "filling". I remember reading one of the reviews online and the woman realized halfway through mashing up the pie that she had made a regrettable decision. Then her kid came in, saw what she was doing, and asked, "Mommy, WHY?"

vCash
    She's given us so many memories to cherish...

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Most people who buy cake mix use it to make a cake, not a hate crime with corn nut sprinkles.
    Best Sandy one liner ever!!!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    She's given us so many memories to cherish...
    True.

But you have to think--someone IS watching her show, making her *ugh* recipes and buying her cookbooks. She is making a fair amount of bank. So there is an audience out there who thinks this is just loverly. Innit?

She really is the Kardashian of cooking.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I avoid her as much as possible.
    My "acquaintance" with Sandra goes back to her days as a "decorating expert" on Home Shopping, many years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I avoid her as much as possible.
    My "acquaintance" with Sandra goes back to her days as a "decorating expert" on Home Shopping, many years ago.
    No way. Good grief, did she coin the term "tablescapes" back then?

vCash
    In the early 1990s, Lee created a product called "Sandra Lee Kraft Kurtains", a home decorating tool that used a wire rack and sheets or other fabric samples to create decorative drapery. The product was sold via infomercials and cable shopping networks. Home-shopping network QVC hired her as on-air talent; in her first 18 months on the network, Lee sold $20 million worth of products
    It was after the curtains sold well on Home Shopping, that QVC hired her!

vCash
    Here ya go

food network humor
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

vCash
    I think one of the craziest stories about Sandra came from her own autobiography. She was selling that Kurtain Kraft mess at the Los Angeles fair, but got kicked out for selling STUN GUNS! Yet, after a "private meeting in his office" the guy in charge allowed her to stay. And that was it, no explanation of how on earth she came to sell stun guns, just threw it out there like no big deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by suep1963 View Post

I love #8

8. Sandra Lee is a Semi-Homemade mother.
    Sandra’s new boyfriend, Andrew Cuomo, has 3 daughters. In last month’s Redbook interview, Sandra said, “I have three kids that are my sweetie daughters — and we don’t say “stepmom,” we say “weekend daughter.” WEEKEND DAUGHTER? That’s terrible. “Sorry, it’s Wednesday! You’re not my daughter today! Come back on Saturday!”

She calls them “weekend daughters” – but what do they call her? Steplush?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    I think one of the craziest stories about Sandra came from her own autobiography. She was selling that Kurtain Kraft mess at the Los Angeles fair, but got kicked out for selling STUN GUNS! Yet, after a "private meeting in his office" the guy in charge allowed her to stay. And that was it, no explanation of how on earth she came to sell stun guns, just threw it out there like no big deal.
    This is amazing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    True.

But you have to think--someone IS watching her show, making her *ugh* recipes and buying her cookbooks. She is making a fair amount of bank. So there is an audience out there who thinks this is just loverly. Innit?

She really is the Kardashian of cooking.
    A woman at my old job took umbrage when she heard me talking smack about Sandra..."I make her recipes and they're GOOD, don't be mean...blah, blah, blah...". Fandra's do exist I'm afraid. Just like people who think Home Alone should have won Best Picture...

vCash
    EYS!!! the petit fours incident of Halloween!
    It was pumpkin pie and a store bought cheesecake. She took out the fillings and MASHED them together with Cool-Whip and put them in the crusts; It was so stupid, expensive and wasteful! It looked like shit ,too!

Meanwhile Pumpkin pie filling , and Cheesecake mix are readily available semi-homemade products at most supermarkets.

She then said , you can just take the leftover crusts and put them with vanilla ice-cream.
    That episode made me so mad. It was truly the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen anyone do as a chef!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by escaflowne9282 View Post
    She then said , you can just take the leftover crusts and put them with vanilla ice-cream.
    That episode made me so mad. It was truly the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen anyone do as a chef!
    I don't think "chef" is the word you're looking for....

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    A woman at my old job took umbrage when she heard me talking smack about Sandra..."I make her recipes and they're GOOD, don't be mean...blah, blah, blah...". Fandra's do exist I'm afraid. Just like people who think Home Alone should have won Best Picture...
    Oh Dear Skategods! May be she knows more about the American housewife than we think.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    My mother barely watches Sandra Lee and has never made a recipe of hers but defends her vociferously when I make fun of her, because she seems like such a nice lady.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast