Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    UGG - thank you for sharing something so very personal. I can't even imagine what it is like to have your precious two year old given a diagnosis of anything....... Totally devastating, of that I am sure.

It sounds like you are doing all the right things....early intervention, therapy. It is going to be a difficult road, with hard fought and hard won battles and heart wrenching defeats. This is your new normal, and shame on people for not understanding....especially family members. There is so much pressure on parents to have a "perfect" child, and a perfect life. And, you actually do have perfection.............your son is Perfectly Mason.

Good luck. And your friends here (me included) will be sending you our best thoughts.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Anita, I wrote you a long message, but your message box is full . Let me know when you clear some space and i'll rewrite it.
    Oh no! Do you have to rewrite the whole thing? Sorry for all the trouble - my Season Pass ended and I didn't get an alert that I was over my inbox limit as a result. On another forum I'm on, I actually get an alert on top of the page if my PM box is close to full.

Thanks so much for caring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Oh no! Do you have to rewrite the whole thing? Sorry for all the trouble - my Season Pass ended and I didn't get an alert that I was over my inbox limit as a result. On another forum I'm on, I actually get an alert on top of the page if my PM box is close to full.

Thanks so much for caring.
    Not a problem, I'll try again.

vCash
    For those in the know, just how prevalent is ASD for older parents? Someone I know quipped that autism was really an issue with older parents. I know there is a correlation there, but didn't know how strong a correlation it was (though offhand I can't think of any parents under 30 who have ADS kids).

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    For those in the know, just how prevalent is ASD for older parents? Someone I know quipped that autism was really an issue with older parents. I know there is a correlation there, but didn't know how strong a correlation it was (though offhand I can't think of any parents under 30 who have ADS kids).
    My aforementioned coworker gave birth to her autistic son at age 23. So it definitely does happen. But yeah, I think being older is a "risk." Obviously, that doesn't mean that if you're a young parent, you're automatically in the clear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12