Thread: NAOT shoes

vCash

NAOT shoes

I have some huge problems with my feet and only wear "good" shoes. I usually wear Clarks. A new NAOT store has opened up near me and I am curious to know everyone's thoughts on them. The shoes are about two to three times what I pay for Clarks and I am wondering it they are worth it.
    Thanks in advance.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    LOVE them! They cost twice the amount of Clarks but they last three or four (or even five) times longer. A certain FSUer who shall remain nameless turned me on to them.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    I only have one pair of NAOTs -- black ankle boots -- but they're very comfortable and look good.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    NAOT tend to be too narrow for my forefoot, which is a shame because I otherwise like them.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    I love the open toe slip on Naots. The closed ones don't work for me because they end up being either too small or too big. I have both Clarkes and Naots and I haven't noticed a difference in the durability. They seem to last about the same length of time. Oh, I have very narrow feet and most of my shoes last a long time. Might be different if you have wider feet.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    Might be different if you have wider feet.
    My feet aren't wide, they're stable.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    LOVE them! I've only bought sandals from them so far but I really like the fact that I can wear my orthotics in a lot of their models. Expensive, but so worth the money.

vCash
    I have both open-heeled sandals and closed-heeled Naot sandals. I agree that they do tend to run narrow, especially the open ones.

Mephistos are slightly wider, but not too wide, perhaps a little less expensive.

I have worn both of these a lot, like almost daily, and they last for years, even with heavy wear. I have gotten the bottoms of Mephistos renewed.

Birkenstocks are by far the widest.

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Not all Naot sandals run narrow, it depends on the style. Some of the styles definitely run narrow and some run wider, there was a website that was good about noting if a particular style ran narrow or wide, maybe it was Zappos but I don't think so. The ones I've bought all accomodate my, ahem, stable feet.

vCash
    I ♥ Naots! I have only sandals but want to try out their boots and wedges for fall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    NAOT tend to be too narrow for my forefoot, which is a shame because I otherwise like them.
    This. My SIL swears by them, but I have wide feet and have not yet found a great fit ( not that I tried obsessively, but that was the case a few times I tried). They are supposed to be a great company, though.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Not all Naot sandals run narrow, it depends on the style. Some of the styles definitely run narrow and some run wider
    This is true, so it's worth dropping by the store to try different styles.

I bought sandals there at the beginning of last summer and wore them almost daily for work and errands. They're really comfortable.

vCash
    My husband has a pair of Naot sandals, & he is very happy with them. They definitely will last a long time. There is a store near us that sells women's shoes, and Naot is one of the featured brands. I like the styles they have in Naot shoes, and will look for sales on them.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I am Southpaw's mysterious Naot saleswoman. And I have about eight pairs of sandals and shoes, am wearing a pair right now. Admittedly, I buy them at lower cost in Israel, but I would pay full price if I had to.

I've had plantar fasciitis, foot surgery on a big knot of arthritis and have very little natural arch. Naots are among the only shoes I can wear while walking more than a mile on pavement.

Clarks are too wide for me and so are Danskos.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I am Southpaw's mysterious Naot saleswoman.
    I was wondering when you and your mouth were gonna get in here.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    I was wondering when you and your mouth were gonna get in here.
    I don't want anyone to think I own stock in the company.

Basically there are two Israeli companies that make first-class clothes/shoes and sell overseas and Naot is one. Gottex is the other and I can't wear their swimsuits, but they look good on a lot of women.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer