Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Is Mark Ladwig playing some role on this show? He mentioned his "office" for the show and has been tweeting about it a lot.
    He just got a special mention from Ron MacLean for "helping out backstage" and "setting up all the skates" (or words to that effect).

[Like Lara, I'm watching the Halifax feed in HD - from Ottawa ]
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    According to my TV schedule, the past season recap show will be replaying on CBC at 3:00pm EST today i.e. now.

A tweet from BOTB, indicates there will be no phone voting. You must register for an account at their website, and earn votes throughout the week.

https://twitter.com/cbcbattle/status/384322758982639618

ETA: All Canadians get one weekly vote as a guest. More votes are earned by solving puzzles etc. after registering an account. Voting ends at 5:00pm Tuesdays, and commences when Ron MacLean announces voting is open on the show.
    Thanks for this! I had missed this info.

vCash
    I enjoyed the first number with Sinead & Grant. If the rest of the performances are this good, this is going to be a fabulous season!

vCash
    I enjoyed all the teams, but I found most the music choices to be a little boring (just IMO of course!). Liked Shae & Anson the best.

Not summer :(
    vCash
    Missed the start of the eastern broadcasts, so I'm waiting for 8 pm Mountain time. I wonder where my 37 votes will go?
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by honey View Post
    I enjoyed all the teams, but I found most the music choices to be a little boring (just IMO of course!). Liked Shae & Anson the best.
    My favorite also.
    I want to thank you Lord for being with me so far this day. With your help, I have not been inpatient, lost my temper been grumpy or envious of anyone. But I will be getting out of bed in a minute and I think I will really need your help then. Amen

vCash
    Liked Kazakova and her partner the best. They were smooth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really View Post
    Missed the start of the eastern broadcasts, so I'm waiting for 8 pm Mountain time. I wonder where my 37 votes will go?
    How do you manage to be able to vote 37 times? I could only wish.

Loved Shae and Anson -- no surprise! I'm also pleased to see how well the "dancers" scored from the judges.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    How do you manage to be able to vote 37 times? I could only wish.

Loved Shae and Anson -- no surprise! I'm also pleased to see how well the "dancers" scored from the judges.
    Log onto the website & register. Then do the puzzles for the week to earn more votes. If you do them all, you will get 37 votes.

vCash

CBC's "Battle of the Blades" is coming back!

The BOTB website said voting ends at 5:00pm EST Tuesday, but I just noticed Ron MacLean said 8:00pm EST on the show.

vCash
    I tried to log in last week, hit the forgot my password button, but didn't get the reset email. Tried again tonight and got seven votes. I just have to manage seeing all of them while also trying to watch Once Upon a Time.

Still not sure how the elimination goes. A skate off right, but how do you then get voted off, or do the judges decide who goes? I hate the thought of a team practicing and then not getting to skate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
    Log onto the website & register. Then do the puzzles for the week to earn more votes. If you do them all, you will get 37 votes.
    I think I ended up with about 45 votes for this week.

vCash
    KatieC -- IIRC, the two pairs with the lowest combined scores (from the judges and from the voters) then have a skate off between the bottom two. The judges then determine which of the two pairs will be the ones eliminated. I am not sure if that part happens first or if all the couples from this week will skate first and then the skate off -- I'm a bit fuzzy about that part.
    Crazy about sports!

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    I enjoyed the show tonight.. last year I went to watch the live show that was interesting.. all very friendly and skaters all accessible to the fans. I think this year it will Shae as the favourite
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    You can also earn more votes by rating the couples.

I really liked the show, the ice dancers are definitely the ones to watch.

vCash

CBC's "Battle of the Blades" is coming back!

Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    KatieC -- IIRC, the two pairs with the lowest combined scores (from the judges and from the voters) then have a skate off between the bottom two. The judges then determine which of the two pairs will be the ones eliminated. I am not sure if that part happens first or if all the couples from this week will skate first and then the skate off -- I'm a bit fuzzy about that part.
    I vaguely recall reading somewhere, the elimination will occur at the end of next weeks show. I am guessing all couples will train and skate a new program, the judges will then select who is eliminated among the previously voted bottom two based on how well they skated the new routine. At least with this format, the eliminated couple will have had the opportunity to skate two performances, as opposed to one in previous seasons.

ETA: Ron MacLean will announce who is in the bottom two at the beginning of next weeks show. After the announcement, the remaining safe couples will perform their routines. Afterwards, the bottom two couples will have the skate-off.
    Last edited by rvi5; 09-30-2013 at 01:18 PM.

vCash
    I enjoyed it tonight as well, but also found some of the music questionable for 'rock week'? Fave was Sinead, Shae, M-F and then Oksana. Poor Kurt you could tell he wasn't feeling well at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    I enjoyed the show tonight.. last year I went to watch the live show that was interesting.. all very friendly and skaters all accessible to the fans. I think this year it will Shae as the favourite
    Shae is always my favorite. I have always felt she was hugely underrated in her competition days. Her creativity and absolute joy for what she does on ice every single time she performs, totally captivates me.

vCash
    I thought they were all really good. I think it's too early for anybody to leap ahead and the programs weren't all that different from one another. Actually, I didn't care as I was just so happy to see everyone. Shae, Sinead and Oksana did it for me tonight though. Good show and I like the judges.

vCash
    I thought all 3 judges were a little awkward tonite.....not sure why as all three have plenty of commentating, speaking in public and being on camera experience. Hopefully it was just opening nite jitters. Overall, good show, but I was also confused as to much of the music, not what I would consider rock music at all.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast