Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    I got home way too late last night to form coherent thoughts (traffic was horrible my whole drive home ) but I had a fantastic time up in Canada and the show was SO MUCH FUN.
    Glad you enjoyed yourself, and thanks for the great report!

vCash
    Marie France and Mathieu are skating to Love Story ?
    Amanda and Scott are skating to Bolero?
    I wonder if all the ice dancers will do pairs tributes and pairs doing tributes to ice dance?

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    I got home way too late last night to form coherent thoughts (traffic was horrible my whole drive home ) but I had a fantastic time up in Canada and the show was SO MUCH FUN. Here's a few of my slightly more coherent thoughts about my weekend along with the link to my pictures (obviously they're Amanda & Scott focused but I did get a few of everyone else too).
    Pics: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Kwan...0Blades%202013
    Great report and pics - thank you so much for taking the time to do this!

vCash
    I was there to watch a few weeks ago and I'm so lucky to be going back for the finale!!! By far the best skating show around!! Wish we here in the US could produce a show as fun as this!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8rfan View Post
    I was there to watch a few weeks ago and I'm so lucky to be going back for the finale!!! By far the best skating show around!! Wish we here in the US could produce a show as fun as this!!!
    I think it says a lot when you and Heather are prepared to come up here and see it. Hope you both enjoyed Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by badskater62 View Post
    Marie France and Mathieu are skating to Love Story ? Amanda and Scott are skating to Bolero? I wonder if all the ice dancers will do pairs tributes and pairs doing tributes to ice dance?
    Pretty good selections for each. Because Bolero is such an iconic routine by a dance couple I thought A and S would be a poor choice to present it, but thinking back to the music (and it's a powerful piece) they might have the power to carry it off. Rumour has it, they''ll be doing a big trick, assuming it's them.

From Jamie Sale's blog (but I do know that this week we will see something SPECTACULAR that will blow everyone's minds...EVEN mine and Dave's. (Dave meaning David Pelletier, he's guesting this Sunday as Kurt is away). It's a surprise but I can tell you that we don't always see this done in amateur skating, and if we do it's not always done well. This from what I've seen is RIDICULOUSLY GOOD, especially that it's a hockey player doing it after only training for approx 2 months. )

It's either going to be the skate of the night or they are going to be saying ta ta along with Jess and Brian.

The BOTB universe is unfolding as it should. I know everyone loves Shae but Anson just never had it. I can remember their first skate and thinking that the choreography covered up some stuff that would eventually be exposed, and later it was.

Doesn't seem to be much (pardon the expression) love for MF and Mathieu among the fans (quiet support), especially with how well they have done. Fortunately for them, the routine chosen for them is a strength. They'll do a great Love Story.

My favourite team from the beginning (Grant and Sinead) have their strengths as well. Lifts don't seem to be one of them (unless it's Sinead doing the lifting) If they can stick to their dancing strength, they'll stay safe.

Really it comes down to Amanda and Scott's skate.

So that leaves Moonlight Sonata (J and V?), and Mahler Symphony # 5 (if I interpret a teaser photo from Grant and Sinead correctly) Just guessing these selections, I really have no idea if they are correct. I did correctly match the Iconic Duos and songs though.

vCash
    I think Jason and Violetta are doing elite syncopations (Wilson and McCall 1988). There was a clip on Instagram.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rdavies View Post
    ...Doesn't seem to be much (pardon the expression) love for MF and Mathieu among the fans (quiet support), especially with how well they have done. Fortunately for them, the routine chosen for them is a strength. They'll do a great Love Story.
    Do you mean support in the live audience at the show, or among the voting public in general?

For three weeks, Jessica/Brian have been at the bottom after the judges scoring, then voted out of the bottom by their fans. For the past two weeks, Sinead/Grant had been bumped into the bottom instead. That would seem to imply Marie-France/Mathieu must have had more support among the general voting public.

vCash
    just found this video of Jamie and David doing elite syncopations - really fun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkAZ85BHfl8

vCash
    just found this video of Jamie and David doing elite syncopations - really fun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkAZ85BHfl8
    loved that!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by honey View Post
    I think Jason and Violetta are doing elite syncopations (Wilson and McCall 1988). There was a clip on Instagram.
    BOTB really does know how to match couples and routines. V and J should do well with this.

vCash
    Has anyone heard how the show is doing in the ratings this year?

Thank you for hunting this down. Wonderful number!!! S/P really did have an amazing body of work as professionals.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    I think it says a lot when you and Heather are prepared to come up here and see it. Hope you both enjoyed Toronto.
    Haha! Well I'm a parent of someone on the show so......but regardless it's still an awesome show!! Love Toronto so that's yet another reason to go!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8rfan View Post
    Haha! Well I'm a parent of someone on the show so......but regardless it's still an awesome show!! Love Toronto so that's yet another reason to go!!!
    I'm presuming Amanda! Boy is she ever kicking butt in this show! I really hope she makes the cut tonight; she really deserves to.

vCash
    Next weeks theme is skaters choice.

vCash
    I'm presuming Amanda! Boy is she ever kicking butt in this show! I really hope she makes the cut tonight; she really deserves to.
    No, not Amanda but she's definitely doing great!!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Honestly I don't know if I would have made the drive if Amanda wasn't in the cast (it's a nearly 8 hour drive each way for me counting traffic and the border crossing) but the show as a whole was definitely worth the drive for me last weekend and I also got to spend time with a great friend of mine that I don't see very often (who also saved me from hotel costs which of course I ended up spending at Roots instead, LOL) so it was doubly great for me. It seems like everyone on the show is having a good time with this season so that makes it extra fun for us fans!

GO AMANDA & SCOTT TONIGHT!!!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Video about Marie-France and Mathieu's trainging in Mtl.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Canada...ID/2415563695/

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Ready for the double elimination...

In tonight's skate-off - Jessica & Brian; Marie-France & Mathieu
    Can't skate but love to watch

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Up first - Amanda & Scott - Bolero - they did a triple twist that made David Pelletier (guest judge replacing Kurt) hate them! - 18.0 (sixes across the board) [Amanda had to have 3 stitches during training]
    Can't skate but love to watch

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast