Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Third up - Amanda & Scott. Bonnie & Clyde (or Pamela Wallin & Mike Duffy according to Ron ) - 17.4
    Last edited by victorskid; 10-28-2013 at 12:01 AM.
    Can't skate but love to watch

Skating supporter
    vCash
    In the audience - Katia Gordeeva. She will help couples prepare for next week's salute to the Olympics. They will be representing an Olympic program from the past, I believe.

Fourth to skate - Violetta & Jason. Pink Panther & Insp. Clouseau - 17.8 (a 6.0 from Kurt)

Skating supporter
    vCash
    Up next Shae-Lynn & Anson. Trinity & Morpheus (from "The Matrix") - 5.7; 5.8; 5.7 = 17.2

Skating supporter
    vCash
    Final two - Sinead & Grant. Ginger Rogers & Fred Astaire - "Dancin' Cheek to Cheek" - 5.9; 6.0 (Jamie); 5.9 - 17.8

So, after the skate-off, the couple going home this week is: Shae-Lynn & Anson.

The lowest scores this week were for Jessica & Brian but they have the "Sudbury votes" behind them.

Double elimination next week - 1 from skate-off of bottom 2; 1 with lowest judges' scores (if I understood Ron correctly)

vCash
    Sorry about Shae-Lynn and Anson. Sad that those two pairs consistently get some of the highest scores and still get bottom two. I liked all the programs tonight, everybody really made quite an effort.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victorskid View Post
    Final two - Sinead & Grant. Ginger Rogers & Fred Astaire - "Dancin' Cheek to Cheek" - 5.9; 6.0 (Jamie); 5.9 - 17.8

So, after the skate-off, the couple going home this week is: Shae-Lynn & Anson.

The lowest scores this week were for Jessica & Brian but they have the "Sudbury votes" behind them.

Double elimination next week - 1 from skate-off of bottom 2; 1 with lowest judges' scores (if I understood Ron correctly)
    Maybe next week we can lose Jessica & Brian. They are just not on the same level as the rest and just look clumsy out there

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by badskater62 View Post
    Maybe next week we can lose Jessica & Brian. They are just not on the same level as the rest and just look clumsy out there
    Never gonna happen. We're too busy voting here in Sudbury.
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    OK, that sucks. Shae-Lynn is gone. It should have been Jessica. With that little black skirt, I thought I set my screen ratio wrong Shinead and Grant did really well though. Now I'm hoping Marie-France win this time! Really love every team. A great level of competency as a whole in this season.

vCash
    Sad about losing Shae Lynn, but I knew that it would be tough with Anson as a partner. But I thought she had enough fans to make it a couple more weeks... Now I hope Marie-France wins it all!

Double elimination next week, one of the pairs eliminated will not doubt be Jessica and Brian. If they are not in the skate off, they will get the lowest marks like they do every weeks. They definitely are the weakest team.

So if they eliminate 2 pairs next week, there will be only 3 pairs left, but two weeks to go (the finale is on November 17 right?). Does this mean we will have a final 2?

vCash

CBC's "Battle of the Blades" is coming back!

Wasn't Amanda and Scott going to do a triple twist? Their twist looked like a double again.

I guess the triple was not consistent enough, and they backed off. Maybe in the future.

vCash
    I didn't pay attention well enough, so are they going to do a Halloween theme this year or skip it?
    Interesting to see how Katia does helping the teams. I wonder if she will do choreo or just general suggestions. Last time I remember Marina coming in to help and Katia's partner got testy.
    What did you think of the Pink Panther routine?
    Not sure what I thought of Kurt telling P.J. to shut up and all of that. I wonder if they were told to banter back and forth by the producers? From what I saw, P.J. was trying to add to the show and was maybe (?) even told to do that.
    Last edited by smileyskate; 10-28-2013 at 01:45 PM.

vCash
    Hoping like crazy that team Marie-France makes it all the way to the end this season and wins! However they are in tough as a lot of folks in Montreal or Quebec area (talking about those Montreal/Quebec viewers not directly involved in figure skating, or hockey, or the charities so these folks are not as likely to even be aware of the TV show) and usually home town pride in a TV competitor is usually a major source of voting support) don't even know about Battle as it is on English CBC. Same type of situation when Canadian Idol or SYTYCD Canada had Quebec based contestants, so they really had to hope that their appeal was enough that the rest of Canada would vote to keep them in the comp. Team Sinead was also really impressive this week. It's going to be very sad next week with the double elimination.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by badskater62 View Post
    I'm with you on this one. Jessica is poor but the team organized early and they had a large portion of a front row there in pink shirts. The rest were very good. It's a shame about Shae; she took Anson as far as she could but he just doesn't have what the others do.
    The real stars for me tonight were Sinead and Grant and M-F and Mathieu. Even Violetta was better than she has been. Really good choreography. And Amanda was really going for it.
    It was a full house tonight. We had good seats behind the judges, actually behind Yannick Bisson. Gordeeva was on the opposite side so it was hard to see her up close but we had a good view of Steven Cousins. And Sandra Besic and Paul Martini were standing right beside me. So that's my star sighting!
    Twas a good night, except for losing Shae. About time for an ice dance win!

vCash
    just watched online (thanks you cbc for uploading the show so fast!!!!)
    WOW amanda evora is amazing me- she never really caught my eye in ametuer comps but she is sakting it out of the park - sinead and grant are fantasitc as well- and great to see katia- i wonder which gg olympic program they will use? =) i kinda hope its not moonlight sonata- that one tough program to take on!!!

vCash
    Amanda just tweeted she is working with Katia!

So is Violetta
    Last edited by badskater62; 10-29-2013 at 03:28 AM.

Skating supporter
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyskate View Post
    I didn't pay attention well enough, so are they going to do a Halloween theme this year or skip it?
    I think that Ron said that the "iconic duos" show was "in honour of Halloween" or words to that effect.

vCash
    Big Happy Birthday shout out to Jessica Dube - today the 29th of October! Seems to be a very busy day for several FSU members and some other skater's who also share this lovely skater's birthday, so hope y'all have a fab day eating cake with friends and family!

vCash
    I think today is also Vanessa Crone's birthday.

vCash
    From Jamie Sale'sBlog
    Jamie’s Blog
    Wk 5 of Battle

Posted in [Personal], [In the News], [Charity Events], [Community Events], [Battle of the Blades] By Jamie
    Whoahhhhh WHAT an AMAZING wkend of skating!!!!! I tell ya you almost wouldn't know these guys never figure skated before....they are getting so GOOD and could honestly make a touring ice show out it LOL So fun to watch! The first 6.0 was awarded as well this wkend. I was surprised Kurt went there but as we were watching the teams compete it became obvious that we were seeing some incredible skating and "acting!" It was really neat to see them all buy into their characters and play their rolls so seriously....it was almost like they forgot what they were doing as soon as they got into costume and lights and cameras were "on." They totally sold it and went all out.

The first 6.0 went to Jason + Violetta, who in hindsight could have gotten all 6's as they were fabulous...PERFECT! And the second 6.0 went to Grant + Sinead who were in the skate off against Shae-Lynn and Anson again and nailed it! Both teams had "their" night and 2 of the BEST skates, in my opinion. The skating was so strong and exciting...we were thoroughly entertained!! I have no idea how they will all top sun's performances but I do know that this week we will see something SPECTACULAR that will blow everyone's minds...EVEN mine and Dave's. (Dave meaning David Pelletier, he's guesting this sun as Kurt is away). It's a surprise but I can tell you that we don't always see this done in amateur skating, and if we do it's not always done well. This from what I've seen is RIDICULOUSLY GOOD, especially that it's a hockey player doing it after only training for approx 2 months.

It's Olympic week this sun and all 5 teams have been designated a memorable piece of music from skaters in the past Olympics ie Moonlight Sonata (G+G), Bolero (Torvill +DEAN), Love Story (us, Sale+Pelletier) for example. Will be thrilling to see them all skate to this kind of music...its VERY "Figure Skatey" and will force them to focus on the skating and emotion behind their programs vs only the tricks. It's kind of like last wk with the characters in the sense of "acting," they will be inspired by whoever skated to their music and want to play that role. FUN! Also 2 teams will be "ICED" this week, one from being in the skate off of bottom 2 and the 2nd by our marks at the end of the show. Will be difficult as usual but then it means for the last wk there are 3 teams not 4 fighting for the trophy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y42ZBuhPNts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lXoiNWnn5U
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsAkikAOPUk
    Last edited by badskater62; 10-29-2013 at 10:35 PM. Reason: addition of links

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I got home way too late last night to form coherent thoughts (traffic was horrible my whole drive home ) but I had a fantastic time up in Canada and the show was SO MUCH FUN. Here's a few of my slightly more coherent thoughts about my weekend along with the link to my pictures (obviously they're Amanda & Scott focused but I did get a few of everyone else too).

Pics: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Kwan...0Blades%202013

I'd never been to a live show of any kind before so I had fun watching it all come together and knowing that it was airing live in Canada right as we were watching it. I enjoyed watching the judges interact and you can tell that they all like each other a lot and really care about the skaters. You guys probably know how everything works on the show by now so I'll skip that explanation and go right to the skating. This was Dynamic Duos week and honestly, everyone did a great job! Pardon me if I mess up the hockey players names because I'm not as familiar with those guys, LOL

MF & Mathieu (?): Walk Like an Egyptian-This was fantastic and an amazing way to kick off the night! They were so in tune with each other and I really loved the passion they brought to their performance. They did one lift that was crazy hard looking and I can't do it justice if I tried to describe it.

Jess & Bryan: Top Gun-This was pretty good for the most part although I was surprised not to see them do some slightly harder pairs stuff since they've been together for a while now. The funniest part of the night happened at the start of their program....Bryan lost his glasses about 2.5 seconds into their routine and when they went to a different part of the ice, he skated out to them and took them off the ice. He was wearing them at one point during the judging and there is a picture of that in my album!

Amanda & Scott: Bonnie & Clyde-Obviously I'm crazy biased because I adore Amanda so much but I thought they were outstanding and did a wonderful job. The tricks were crazy hard (I think they only did the double twist because Scott's back is barking at him a little bit right now) but they were also in character throughout the whole thing too which was a lot of fun. I loved the shootout at the end and them collapsing on the ice like they were taken out by the cops, LOL I hope they're able to do that triple twist this weekend because that would be amazing to bring out in a double elimination show!

Violetta & Peter (?): Pink Panther-This was SO much fun and their tricks were crazy hard too! She did one lift where he was holding her by one leg and she had the other one pulled over her head (pic in my album). It made my back hurt just watching it! They were totally in character the entire time though and I loved the energy of their program. Really fun!

Bottom Two-Skate Off
    Shae Lynn & Anson: Matrix-This was a really slick and interesting program but it wasn't my favorite of the night. They did some really cool moves and stuff but the characters didn't grab me like the other programs. I may be at a disadvantage in that I've never seen the Matrix movies but they did skate very well.

Sinead & Grant: Fred & Ginger-This was probably my favorite overall performance because they just brought so much joy to it and I felt like they had the most fun out there. The dancing was wonderful and I loved the exuberance they had throughout the whole thing. This was fantastic! I'm glad they ended up being saved because I felt like they gave the best overall performance.

After the show some of the skaters stuck around to sign some autographs and take pictures but they had to leave sooner than normal to meet the choreographers/producers about the next show's theme. We were actually sitting behind Amanda's cousins (and ironically down the row from Steven Cousins, LOL) so it was fun to meet them. Amanda had gotten me and my two friends meet & greet passes and we had to ask where to go because the arena isn't that big and I had no clue where they would hold something like that. It ended up being literally backstage behind that end barrier thing opposite the big BOTB sign on the other end of the ice. We spoke to her briefly before we headed backstage (she's the one who told us they had a meeting briefly but were supposed to be done by 8:30 pm) and it was very cool to see that part of the show. We saw Shae, her hubby, and her ADORABLE little boy who was all dressed up for Halloween! We also saw Patrice Lauzon who was obviously there to cheer on and support MF. He's still adorable. While we were waiting for Amanda, we spoke to PJ for a little bit (and got pics with him) and he told us a hilarious story about how Kurt forgot his skates for one of the early shows and had to borrow PJs and during the course of wearing them was like, "Dude, these skates kind of suck" and all PJ could do was laugh because Kurt was right, LOL PJ was so much fun to talk to and not gonna lie, he's not bad to look at either! Anyway, Amanda came back there not long after that and we go to chat with her for a pretty decent amount of time. The show ends so early that the skaters aren't always in a huge hurry to run off (especially those without family up there) so it was fantastic to catch up with her. She said this experience is one of the best ones she's had in her career and the only thing better than this was her Olympics experience. She was fangirling over getting to work with Katia this week (they got Bolero for their Olympic program which definitely made her a bit uneasy for how well known that music is!) and we joked that Christopher Dean needed to come there to help them out this week. She told us about the double elimination this coming weekend too which is definitely raising the stakes for everyone but she also said that no matter what, she's really glad that she did the show even though it's taken her away from her coaching duties. Thankfully Jim Peterson was wonderful about her being away for several months (he joked that it was fine, "as long as you win!" ) but she literally has to go from the finale on the 17th, back to Florida, pack again, and then head to Sectionals with their two novice teams because Jim has to go overseas with (I think) Kayne & O'Shea, so that will be pretty crazy for her! She'll definitely be at US Nats in Boston though which made me happy. She also introduced me to Scott who is CRAZY tall and also a very nice guy. His wife was with him which I thought I was sweet and the picture of the three of us is hilarious because it's petite me, petite Amanda, and TALL Scott, LOL I'll spare you the other random stuff we talked about but it was wonderful catching up with her again (we've stayed good friends since she and Mark stopped skating together and Mark and I still talk too for that matter) and I'm excited to see their Bolero program this weekend!

I think that about covers my BOTB experience and sorry this was so long! It took me like two hours to write because I kept getting distracted and then the photos were uploading crazy slow too, LOL (If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask and I'll be happy to answer them for you!)
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast