Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    vCash

vCash

CBC's "Battle of the Blades" is coming back!

Quote Originally Posted by KatieC View Post
    I thought Jessica landed the throw, and then almost fell out of the rink. Call me bitchy, but I don't think she was all that steady on her feet in amateur competition.
    Just re-watched the show. Jessica did land the double throw, although her free leg clipped the ice. She then did about three backward crossovers before going down. It appears her edges were too deep, and the blade may have slipped out from under her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    The Montreal Canadiens Twitter account has occasionally retweeted support for Marie-France and Matthew, but I can't say I'm aware of any special support for Jessica and Brian. I guess we'll see next week.
    Brian seems to have a lot of support from his hometown of Sudbury (who is also the hometown of Tessa Bonhomme). Their Facebook page has more than twice the number of fans than the page of the other couples. Like Rvi5 said, their score has been amongst the lowest every week. When Sinead and Grant who were favorites had a fall, they were in the bottom, so it's weird that they have never been in the skate off, considering all that.

vCash
    Sudbury is the largest city in Northern Ontario. Cities in Northern Ontario are spread-out, with small towns and villages scattered between. Sudbury's TV, radio, and newspaper media would service not just the city itself, but also the surrounding region of towns and villages. Being more isolated, Sudbury's population (and those of the surrounding region) would likely be much more loyal and focused on the home town celebrities.
    Last edited by rvi5; 10-22-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    For folks in the area, there's a contest on Steven & Chris for tickets. Oct 27, Nov 3, and Nov 10 up for grabs.

contest

Wish I could go!

vCash
    Wow - a Battle of the Blades first: Amanda and Scott's Triple Twist from today's training session, watch the video:

https://vine.co/v/hpOTVgWVDw9

Now the real Battle begins!

vCash
    Holy crap. That is all.

vCash
    Wow! Now I want to see some of these men doing jumps..

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I have apparently lost my mind because after driving up to SA this past weekend (and getting lost every single day in Detroit which is a whole other story, LOL), I'm going to be driving up to Canada to see BOTB this coming weekend. I have a friend up there who offered her house for me to stay and with Amanda being safe last week, I decided to make the trip. I've been wanting to see her skate in the show and this is literally the ONLY weekend I have free for the next few weeks so road trip here I come! I probably won't have web access until I get home Monday but hopefully I can get a few pics uploaded to post here and then I can tell you guys all about my time at the show. I'm super excited to finally see BOTB live!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Albrecht View Post
    Wow - a Battle of the Blades first: Amanda and Scott's Triple Twist from today's training session, watch the video:

https://vine.co/v/hpOTVgWVDw9

Now the real Battle begins!
    CRAZY!!!!! they keep upping the ante!! cant wait fro sunday!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    I have apparently lost my mind because after driving up to SA this past weekend (and getting lost every single day in Detroit which is a whole other story, LOL), I'm going to be driving up to Canada to see BOTB this coming weekend. I have a friend up there who offered her house for me to stay and with Amanda being safe last week, I decided to make the trip. I've been wanting to see her skate in the show and this is literally the ONLY weekend I have free for the next few weeks so road trip here I come! I probably won't have web access until I get home Monday but hopefully I can get a few pics uploaded to post here and then I can tell you guys all about my time at the show. I'm super excited to finally see BOTB live!
    Terrific! You will love the experience! I've been to one show thus far and am also going on Sun. with friends. My only disappointment is that it doesn't seem to be the Halloween show.

vCash
    Heather -- safe travels up to Toronto and I hope you have a blast at the show. Looking forward to hearing your review of your experience.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    You'll have web access

vCash
    I found the blue suit Jamie was wearing a few weeks ago

http://pinktartan.com/ca/jackets-99/...ise-black.html

vCash

CBC's "Battle of the Blades" is coming back!

I was scrolling through my future cable listing, and noticed the next BOTB theme for Nov 3rd is "Olympic Greats". I wonder what routines the couples would choreograph for that theme?

vCash
    The third performance show (International Beats) has been posted:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHmt-QM8AZc
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vcbGGKSOf8
    Part3 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXoKA5y3ReE

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvyne View Post
    The third performance show (International Beats) has been posted:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHmt-QM8AZc
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vcbGGKSOf8
    Part3 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXoKA5y3ReE
    Once again a huge thank you Will watch in a couple of days when I get to a place with good internet speed. Thank you again.
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    The one and only ING save was used last week. Someone will definitely go home tonight.

In the bottom two again are: Sinead & Grant; Shae-Lynn & Anson

The theme is "iconic duos". The challenge is to try to get into a character and maintain it through the performance.

Marie-France & Mathieu up first. Anthony & Cleopatra. 17.7
    Last edited by victorskid; 10-27-2013 at 11:40 PM.
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    I must be totally out of sync with other watchers, stunned again with the bottom two.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Surprised at the repeat bottom two as well but there are lots of factors at work in the voting, not just the skating...

Second to skate - Jessica & Brian. Maverick & Charlie/Charlotte (from "Top Gun" - it was Brian's choice; Jessica had never seen the movie ) - 16.9 [Brian lost is aviator sunglasses and Kurt apparently zipped out onto the ice (off camera) and retrieved them.]
    Last edited by victorskid; 10-28-2013 at 12:02 AM.
    Can't skate but love to watch

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast