Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieC View Post
    Totally shocked by the bottom two tonight. Makes no sense to me, but perhaps the judges will use the save.
    Me too, on both counts.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Count me in the same camp! Got home late so catching up on the PVR'd feed from Halifax.

Theme - Canadian songbook

First up - Violetta & Jason - 17.1
    Next up - Marie-France & Mathieu - 17.6
    Next up - Jessica & Brian (after finding out the Jessica has been skating with a sprained ankle since early in their partnership) - 16.9 (with a fall on a throw)
    Next up - Amanda & Scott - 17.3

Next -

In the bottom 2 for the skate-off:
    * Sinead & Grant - (with a slight stumble from Sinead at the very beginning) - 17.1
    * Shae-Lynn & Anson - [very long commercial break!!] - 16.9 - ING SAVE used!! - judges think the speed was great tonight but he's capable of more in terms of footwork, etc.
    Last edited by victorskid; 10-21-2013 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Updating as the show progresses...
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Me three. Just strange.

vCash
    Totally suprised by that as well. Stanger is the high marks Jessica and Brian just got. Sinead and Grand got marked down because of his fall, last week

vCash
    I thought Jessica landed the throw, and then almost fell out of the rink. Call me bitchy, but I don't think she was all that steady on her feet in amateur competition.

vCash
    I thought Sinead and Grant were pretty rough all through their skate tonight, surprised they were marked ahead of Shae-Lynn and Anson.

vCash
    Well it was obvious they were going to use the save tonight...

I thought the best were Marie-France and Mathieu and Amanda and Scott. Violetta and Jason were a bit cautious tonight, but impressive lift. Brian is getting better, too bad about Jessica's fall after the throw. I thought Sinead and Grant were not as good as in previous weeks, they were going for something hot and steamy, but the chemistry was not really there. Shae Lynn needs a new partner, Anson is trying, but he is not at the level of her former partners Claude and Patrice.

Skating supporter
    vCash
    I agree, Dave - it started with the slip on Sinead's part from the opening pose. I couldn't believe that Jamie gave them a 5.8 which is what she gave to Violetta & Jason and to Amanda & Scott. She gave Shae-Lynn & Anson 5.6 which is the same as her score for Jessica & Brian. Colour me confused...

vCash
    I'm with all of you on shock over the bottom two.
    Was pretty sure they would use the save and they did. Hooray to P.J.Stock for scoring differently from Kurt and Jamie. My hope for the final 3 would be Shae, Sinead and M-F. I am not grabbed by Jessica but there is a large Savage contingent (bright pink tee shirts) so maybe that's where the votes are coming from.
    I have to say that Sinead has it in her to really sizzle! She can now try some things she just wouldn't do with her brother. And kudos to Shae for doing pair moves when she's not a pairs skater. Yes, I know she had some background in it but I really think she tries to push boundaries.

vCash
    Probably a lot of casual fans who think a fall is the end of the world. When I saw the judges faces after the announcement of the bottom two, I figured they would use the save. Glad they did.

vCash
    I just got back from the taping of tonight's episode. It was so much fun! If you're in the Toronto area it's totally worth it. Tickets are cheap ($12) but sell out quickly. We sat a couple of rows behind Patrice Lauzon. Maria Jelinek, Don Jackson, Annabelle Langlois and Yannick Bisson (from CBC's Murdoch Mysteries) were all in the audience and got shoutouts during the commercial breaks. I got some OK photos (though not many of the skaters stuck around after the show and all my photos of Kurt came out blurry, argh!) and I'll get around to posting them here over the next couple of days.
    Last edited by unchat123; 10-21-2013 at 02:26 AM.

vCash
    I'm glad they used the save tonight. I want to see what Shae comes up with for the Halloween show!

vCash
    I was also at the show tonight! Anson and Shae were SUPER fast, sharp and immediately set a mood. I'm surprised at their marks being so low? But I'm relieved they got the save. Both teams in the bottom two were a shock and deserve to move on.

Jessica and Brian, however... man... she looked like she wasn't keeping up with him at times.

Everyone else was awesome! But Violetta is reaching her limit, just like she does every season about this time. Hopefully she and her partner do something other than slight variations of the same lift. He's really good.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    I felt that the only judge who was giving the correct judges was PJ

vCash
    I was a bit underwhelmed this week overall. Not surprised Anson and Shae were in the bottom but surprised by Grant and Sinead. Knew they would use the save. For me everyone was just ok or good this week. Anson sticks out like a sore thumb though, I know he's trying but he looks a bit clumbsy at times. I really like him and had high hopes but I just don't think it's in the cards for Shae this time. Poor Amanda got stuck with a 'Rush' song, sorry but I cannot stand them, Canadian icons or not. I agree about Jess struggling to keep up sometimes. She sometimes looks like she's the one learning to figure skate. Sorry.

vCash
    Did the rest of you get the impression that there was going to be a Halloween show? I was waiting for the announcement but Ron Maclean seemed to downplay it. Now I'm confused. I don't know whether to dress up or not! Sounded like he mentioned the theme as being couples.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    Did the rest of you get the impression that there was going to be a Halloween show? I was waiting for the announcement but Ron Maclean seemed to downplay it. Now I'm confused. I don't know whether to dress up or not! Sounded like he mentioned the theme as being couples.
    According to my pvr guide, next week's theme is "Iconic Duos". Maybe they will do the Halloween episode on November 3rd.

Skating supporter
    vCash
    Here's the weekly blog from the Calgary Herald: http://blogs.calgaryherald.com/2013/...of-the-blades/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    Probably a lot of casual fans who think a fall is the end of the world...
    But that didn't make a difference when Jessica fell on a throw. Although voted into the bottom two by judges, they were voted to safety by the public.

First week, the couples who were voted into the bottom two by judges stayed there (Oksana/Vlad and Marcy/Mike). Twice, the judges placed Jessica/Brian into the bottom two. Twice they were voted out of the bottom two by the public, while the other couple remained at the bottom. It appears that Jessica and/or Brian have a lot of loyal fans, or perhaps there is some type of voting campaign to save them (eg. mass home town voting). If this pattern continues, I would expect Jessica/Brian to be saved for a third time (despite the fall). If so, Shae/Anson will be competing against one of the other top couples next week. With the "Save" gone, that is not looking good. They (ie. Anson) will need to bring it next week.
    Last edited by rvi5; 10-21-2013 at 03:01 PM.

vCash
    The Montreal Canadiens Twitter account has occasionally retweeted support for Marie-France and Matthew, but I can't say I'm aware of any special support for Jessica and Brian. I guess we'll see next week.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast