Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    I think Jessie and Brian are going to do really well.. Nice to see Bryce on her team helping coach them..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    Sheesh, what does Jamie have to do to get a break from people? That was a humorous comment made to make the audience laugh. I thought her comments were thoughtful and constructive - clearly an indication that she'd studied the skaters in advance. Let's give credit where credit is due.
    The winning comment was ment to be funny but it came across as rude I totally agree with you in her other points , she gave good info about the lift ( backwards - I never noticed!) and about cross overs and such - I found apt hat she was reaching sometimes to give positives likely as these are her friends!!! I find Kurt the judge I don't really want to hear, I just want to see him skate!!!! The opening was amazing!!

vCash
    I will leave all the snark about Jamie to the rest of you.....I just want that hair of hers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quartz View Post
    I will leave all the snark about Jamie to the rest of you.....I just want that hair of hers!
    No kidding - her hair looked fab.

I thought Jamie was fine as a judge, and her winning comment was funny. PJ wasn't offended, why should anyone else be?

vCash
    Speaking of Jamie, interview about her role as a judge

http://blogs.calgaryherald.com/2013/...of-the-blades/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    No kidding - her hair looked fab.

I thought Jamie was fine as a judge, and her winning comment was funny. PJ wasn't offended, why should anyone else be?
    I didn't think her comment to PJ was offensive. It just didn't land well and came across as un-funny, like a few other moments of hers. All the judges ran into that more than I recall Sandra and JR did, but it's the first show with a whole new panel. It just takes time.

She looked really good in general, especially after having a baby. I wanted her shirt/dress/thing.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    I wonder if Mr. Button feels slighted that he is not back on the judging panel?
    The judges were as expected. Kurt did some nice skating at the beginning in hockey skates. Missed the first part of that as I did not know he was skating. Wonder if that will be every week? I wonder if he left the "Scruff" on his face to show that he was too sick to shave, or if he rested till the last minute then found that nobody there in the make-up dept. had a razor for him to shave before he had to be on camera.
    In both the preview/look back show and this first show, I thought they showed way too many ridiculous hockey fights to call this "Family Entertainment". We get the idea they are "Manly Men" and really didn't need the fights emphasized. We are trying to reduce the amount of violence among our young men, so I'd rather they used that time to show something else.
    On a positive note it was nice during the preview show to hear some additional info on the previous skaters. I imagine they will show more behind the scenes trainings and all of that when time permits as skaters are eliminated. I felt a bit sorry for the hockey players who had sad packages played right before they had to perform.
    I am glad the show is back! Didn't they used a rotating guest judge in a previous season?

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Anyone found it on youtube yet
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    Sheesh, what does Jamie have to do to get a break from people? That was a humorous comment made to make the audience laugh. I thought her comments were thoughtful and constructive - clearly an indication that she'd studied the skaters in advance. Let's give credit where credit is due.
    I thought it was funny too, blueglass. PJ has joked about not winning in the past (he said that he wasn't used to raisng his arms up over his head because he didn't score often). And the other players teased him about not winning in the reunion show, so it was funny because i know he was open to that kind of ribbing. And i totally agree with you about her comments as well (and i say this as someone who has taken issue with what she said in the past). So far, i like her as a judge. And he looked gorgeous!

I was so excited for this season when they announced that my lovely Shae was coming back and that Oksana Kazakova had joined the cast (i felt she and her partner were undermarked, btw). All the couples impressed me. Looks to be an exciting season!

And thanks so much for the links, Alvyne!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post
    Anyone found it on youtube yet
    Just checked on my ipad verion of youtube, which is limited, and could only fnd behind the scenes stuff posted by CBC. I will post if i find any of the performances.

vCash
    Nothing yet, just a rehearsal video of Oksana and Vladimir

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md4PfcTBkpI

vCash
    According to my tv guide, the theme for Week 2 is "Suit and Tie" and for Week 3 is "International Beat".

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyskate View Post
    I wonder if Mr. Button feels slighted that he is not back on the judging panel?
    The judges were as expected. Kurt did some nice skating at the beginning in hockey skates. Missed the first part of that as I did not know he was skating. Wonder if that will be every week? I wonder if he left the "Scruff" on his face to show that he was too sick to shave, or if he rested till the last minute then found that nobody there in the make-up dept. had a razor for him to shave before he had to be on camera.
    In both the preview/look back show and this first show, I thought they showed way too many ridiculous hockey fights to call this "Family Entertainment". We get the idea they are "Manly Men" and really didn't need the fights emphasized. We are trying to reduce the amount of violence among our young men, so I'd rather they used that time to show something else.
    On a positive note it was nice during the preview show to hear some additional info on the previous skaters. I imagine they will show more behind the scenes trainings and all of that when time permits as skaters are eliminated. I felt a bit sorry for the hockey players who had sad packages played right before they had to perform.
    I am glad the show is back! Didn't they used a rotating guest judge in a previous season?
    Many of your questions/comments have been covered in the various articles and TV appearances that led up to the beginning of the new season. For example, Kurt said in a couple of interviews that he was growing "the scruff" to look more serious as a judge. There were also some articles that explained the new judging approach with no guests, all three on skates, etc.
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvyne View Post
    Thanks
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    http://tvfeedsmyfamily.blogspot.ca/2...-its-feet.html

Battle of the Blades Helps CBC Find Its Feet
    Audiences did respond Sunday to the return of Battle of the Blades. The two hour, fourth season premiere had to partially contend with the show of the night--AMC's Breaking Bad. There were other big cable happenings Sunday, including the third season premiere of Homeland, the season finale of Ray Donovan and the final season premiere of HBO's Eastbound & Down.
    In the U.S., broadcast numbers were down double digits thanks mainly to Walter White. CBS and Fox took big hits with The Amazing Race and The Simpsons, but not so much in Canada. TAR drew its usual 2,377,000 in overnight estimates on CTV, followed by Castle (1,689,000) and The Mentalist (1,751,000). The Simpsons roared back for a 25th season on Global, pulling 1,090,000.
    Amid all that clutter, Battle of the Blades still drew 1,004,000--not bad for a show that sat a year on the shelf. The series airs now just once a week, reconfigured similar to how ABC has re-jigged Dancing with the Stars.

vCash
    I'm off to tonight's show! Weeeee!

vCash
    Team Savage-Dube for Battle of the Blades
    Just in......the producers of Battle of the Blades just announced that INTERNATIONAL VOTES count now for keeping us on the show. Go to CBC.ca/battle and register and answer a few question under EXTRAS/CHALLENGES to receive more votes each week. Jess, I and our charities appreciate your support. This is on facebook now - so -if you can watch - you can vote, I guess, although you may want to check this for yourselves. Perhaps it will be announced on tonight's show

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    that should make things interesting if international votes now count for battle of the blades.. So far I'm on the Savage-Dube bandwagon - but kinda liked Shae too so will have to see what everyone brings tonight Last season I enjoyed going down and watching as well, might this year too..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash

CBC's "Battle of the Blades" is coming back!

Quote Originally Posted by badskater62 View Post
    Team Savage-Dube for Battle of the Blades
    Just in......the producers of Battle of the Blades just announced that INTERNATIONAL VOTES count now
    Does this mean they will un-geoblock the show? How can a non-viewer vote without seeing the skaters, unless they are voting based on favorites (not by performance). If someone can get around the geoblock, I would assume they could have voted anyway. Hence, no difference. ???

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast