Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Not summer :(
    vCash
    Enjoyed it all!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    I love all the three dancers' routine plus Oksana's. Very empressed by Oksana and her partner, so smooth and she was so elegant, those beautiful lines are still OGM worthy. I hardly remember her but gosh she's good.

Shae-Lynne has been my favorite for all those seasons and I personally believe she should have won.

I had debated if I'm going to watch because one of the judges, and I have my finger fixed on the "mute " button. It turned out not that bad, except that "how about winning, oh, wait, you know nothing about it", where is class or respect, oh, wait, maybe never there.

Anyway, a good start of a great show, although I'm confused by some of the music selections too, nowhere near rock&roll, especially Oksana and Jessica's.

I'm sorry for the American girl, not Amenda, the other one. I guess she will be the first one to leave again. Sorry, but it is still a competition, however entertaining it is.
    Violetta needs to work on her facial expression, not very appealing to me.
    Last edited by skatingfanfun; 09-30-2013 at 05:01 AM.

vCash
    Team Marie-France, got the lion's share of my votes cuz they esp him demonstrated a good variety of skating skills, steps, etc., not just tricks... plus their charities also struck a chord, then surprisingly I also voted for Team Jessica (they really created a mood on the ice), Team Sinead (most fun and flashy esp with the gender bender lift but skating was a little wild and rough not quite in sync yet), and of course I voted for Team Shae too, (a good first effort but confess I expected bit more from them as a team, it can't always be Shae skating round her hockey guy), and Oksana (some very nice shapes being created, but a little introverted still, however I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed their performance) got the rest of my votes this week. Every team was good though, no team really tanked, I found all the performances were pretty entertaining and all the guys stood up for the first week, still some teams have to be in the bottom. This year's cast looks quite promising, I am looking forward to next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    I thought they were all really good. I think it's too early for anybody to leap ahead and the programs weren't all that different from one another. Actually, I didn't care as I was just so happy to see everyone. Shae, Sinead and Oksana did it for me tonight though. Good show and I like the judges.
    jamies comment to pj about "wining" was
    pj brings a great persepctive to the pannel-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvyne View Post
    You can also earn more votes by rating the couples.

I really liked the show, the ice dancers are definitely the ones to watch.
    I agree about the dancers .. Shae should win this season How do you rate the couples to earn more votes?

vCash
    I liked Jess and Brian and SHe and anson wow shae still brings it!!!!

vCash
    I'm so upset I missed this tonight! My VCR (yes my VCR ) is messed up....is it available on youtube or anywhere online?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrak View Post
    I'm so upset I missed this tonight! My VCR (yes my VCR ) is messed up....is it available on youtube or anywhere online?
    http://www.cbc.ca/battle/episodes/se...live-episode-1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halffull View Post
    I agree about the dancers .. Shae should win this season How do you rate the couples to earn more votes?
    I just clicked on the rate the skaters link on the home page, but I think you can only do it right after the show because that page is not there anymore (or maybe I don't see it because I already did the rating..)

vCash

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    I just clicked on the rate the skaters link on the home page, but I think you can only do it right after the show because that page is not there anymore (or maybe I don't see it because I already did the rating..)
    You can do it for each of the couples right after they skate, while the show is on.
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Great recap! And Shae is "amazeballs"! Thanks again, Alvyne; you're finding the good stuff.

vCash
    I can't vote for my favourite couple because the screen is blank on the right side, after the word Leaderboard. Two couples photos are missing in the voting area. And I can't find where to get extra votes (where is it?) so I only get to vote once. Is something wrong with my computer or the site?

vCash
    thanks for the info Alvyne and victorskidm Otherwise my one vote won't go too far LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TartanSk8ter View Post
    I can't vote for my favourite couple because the screen is blank on the right side, after the word Leaderboard. Two couples photos are missing in the voting area. And I can't find where to get extra votes (where is it?) so I only get to vote once. Is something wrong with my computer or the site?
    I am not certain what you mean by "the screen is blank on the right side." It sounds as if the right side of your display has been truncated.

After the word "Leaderboards", there should be "Extras" and "Help". Within "Extras", there are various link buttons. One is "Challenges". That is where you complete the puzzles and trivia quizzes to get extra points.
    Last edited by rvi5; 09-30-2013 at 05:43 PM.

vCash
    Thanks for responding rvi5.

My screen is truncated on the side and the words Extras and Help are missing, as are the photos of two couples, including the one I wanted to vote for.

I guess I'll be getting one vote. Oh well!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfanfun View Post
    I had debated if I'm going to watch because one of the judges, and I have my finger fixed on the "mute " button. It turned out not that bad, except that "how about winning, oh, wait, you know nothing about it", where is class or respect, oh, wait, maybe never there.
    Sheesh, what does Jamie have to do to get a break from people? That was a humorous comment made to make the audience laugh. I thought her comments were thoughtful and constructive - clearly an indication that she'd studied the skaters in advance. Let's give credit where credit is due.

vCash
    I expect the world from Shae by now, but I didn't feel she and Anson came up short. HE impressed me - a hockey fan mentioned to me he wasn't a great skater in the NHL, so I was relieved to see him keep up. I think they'll be an interesting team.

LOVED Oksana & Partner. Simple, but effective. Sinead and Grant, too. Everyone else save Marie France just kind of fell on the meh spectrum for me.

Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    Sheesh, what does Jamie have to do to get a break from people? That was a humorous comment made to make the audience laugh. I thought her comments were thoughtful and constructive - clearly an indication that she'd studied the skaters in advance. Let's give credit where credit is due.
    Her comment was meant as humourous and to try to build a chemistry with PJ like Sandra had with JR-- I get that-- But it fell like a brick. She was so hot and cold as a judge. She'd have great comments, but by the end of the show I figured out a drinking game where you take a shot every time she made it about her, her experience, etc. That being said, she wasn't nearly as bad as I thought she would be.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post
    Her comment was meant as humourous and to try to build a chemistry with PJ like Sandra had with JR-- I get that-- But it fell like a brick. She was so hot and cold as a judge. She'd have great comments, but by the end of the show I figured out a drinking game where you take a shot every time she made it about her, her experience, etc. That being said, she wasn't nearly as bad as I thought she would be.
    Everything PJ said referred back to himself and his own experience in hockey - so is it all about him? Kurt does the same thing - at least when he's not sick. That's why they're there - to use their experience to make the judging sound at least somewhat professional. The entire show did feel a bit forced, but I actually thought Ron and Jamie carried it. And for the record, I thought that remark was funny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    Everything PJ said referred back to himself and his own experience in hockey - so is it all about him? Kurt does the same thing - at least when he's not sick. That's why they're there - to use their experience to make the judging sound at least somewhat professional. The entire show did feel a bit forced, but I actually thought Ron and Jamie carried it. And for the record, I thought that remark was funny.
    Well, let's just agree that we have different funny bones

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast