Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash

Question Muppets Co Creator Jane Henson Has Passed Away

Just saw this sad news on Twitter.

Muppet Central ~ Remembering Jane Henson 1934-2013

As was said in the post over there, all of the Original Muppeteers are back together again up there and Jane is back w/Jim.

Thank you for so many of my childhood memories. GodSpeed and Rest in Peace.

vCash
    RIP. Jane was a gay-rights pioneer, even allowing Jim to bring his boyfriend and his beard-family on their vacations.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I remember the shock I felt when Jim died. In some strange way it felt like a part of my childhood had passed as well. RIP Jane.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I call the day that Jim died, the day my Pre School Teacher passed away, Garden Kitty. As all around here know, I *adore* the Muppets and thanks to Jane's work in keeping Jim's Legacy alive and the Muppets out there, I and my Niece who is like me when it's Muppets stuff, now get to introduce my Great Nephew and her son to the Magical World Jim, Jane and the other incredably talented people they gathered around them created.

Educating and entertaining millions around the World is a pretty great thing to have as a Legacy IMO.

BTW....For Christmas I gave the lil Grumble Monster (He tends to be a slow waker upper from his naps and in the morning and it's a nickname given w/much love too) Oscar the Grouch non skid bootie slippers, which I could *not* resist getting him and from all three of us, me, Mom and Dad, a Cookie Monster that sings a little song and you have to feed him these plastic cookies as he sings to let you know when. Not only is it a fun thing, it'll also get him started on learning how to count too.

So combine that w/the Big Bird books he got from Daddy's side of things and the big soft Grover his Mommy and Daddy gave him and....He's got a pretty good start on his introduction to the Friends we all grew up w/too. Personally, I think that's the kind of tribute Jane would love the most, because whenever I saw interviews w/her, that "Mum" vibe really did come across.

Speaking of that...

Stephanie D'Abruzzo ~ Jane

And this was posted both to YouTube and the thread over at Muppet Central last night...

The Rainbow Connection ~ Muppet Style in Memory and Honour of Jane Henson

I really think he does a great sounding Gonzo and Miss Piggy.

And also from YouTube...

Jim Henson's Memorial ~ Jim's Favourite Songs

Now, Kevin Clash performs in this and we all know what's happened on that front, so if we could keep that out of here. Yes it happened and yes, he ended up having to leave Sesame Street and stop being a Muppeteer over it, but that's been covered and talked about else where and this is a thread to remember Jane, so...

Thanks. Oh and have kleenex handy for the end of that video. I know I needed them big time.

And this from one of my favourite Muppet songs and is just so true....

If just one person believes in you,
    Deep enough, and strong enough, believes in you...
    Hard enough, and long enough,
    It stands to reason, that someone else will think
    If he can do it, I can do it".......