View Poll Results: Which of these 3 will lose out in terms of selection for the 2014 Olympics?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adelina Sotnikova

14 16.47%
  • Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

14 16.47%
  • Julia Lipnitskaya

57 67.06%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    I don't see Alena making the Olympic team at all. Liza is strong enough in her jumps and her mental attitude to make the team. It will come down to a choice between Adelina and Julia. I don't see Julia making the team because she has not been to worlds. Adelina (and Liza) has a big advantage there. Julia will have to skate lights out all season, and the other two will need to have many weak competitions on the GP circuit for Julia to make the Olympic team. The Euros will be big.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I don't see Alena making the Olympic team at all. Liza is strong enough in her jumps and her mental attitude to make the team. It will come down to a choice between Adelina and Julia. I don't see Julia making the team because she has not been to worlds. Adelina (and Liza) has a big advantage there. Julia will have to skate lights out all season, and the other two will need to have many weak competitions on the GP circuit for Julia to make the Olympic team. The Euros will be big.
    The Russian federation seems to love Adelina although I have no idea why. For that reason she is probably a lock for the team, leaving the other more talented skaters to fight for the 2nd spot behind weak skater but federation loved Adelina.

vCash
    Now that there are only 2 spots, does anyone think any skater outside of Tuktamysheva, Sotnikova, or Lipnitskaya has any realistic chance to make the team? I am thinking Korobeynikova, Pogorilaya, Leonova in particular, I don't think anyone outside of these 3 in addition to the 3 I mentioned has really any hope at all but with these 3, they have had success in the past and if weird things were to happen, idk, I think MAYBE one of them could wind up on the team. But idk what other people think?

vCash
    I think Korobeynikova, Pogorilaya, and Leonova all have a shot. The Russian ladies this season were not strong enough to rule those out. None of the Russian ladies is even a top 6 in the World right now (not just based on World results but general performance/status currently), maybe not even top 8, so why shouldnt skaters like that have an outside shot if they have a strong season, very strong Nationals, and if they are there strong Europeans. The way this poll is one would think Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva are in the same locked position Wagner and Gold are in the U.S, but in reality I dont think they are even close to that. I also give Gosviani an outside shot. The only noteable who is age eligible I give absolutely none is Makarova.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Liza had strong and consistent free skates. But it's totally possible that her weak short programs will make it so that she might not even qualify for euros and if she did qualify for euros may doom her chances to be first or second among the Russian ladies. Every single eligible Russian lady could beat Liza in an sp because she is so inconsistent at them. You add all the non eligible ladies being at Russian nationals she could be like 10th in an sp. Leonova beat her at worlds and could best her again no problem. And if Liza has no 3/3 in her free skates like she didn't at worlds then who knows. She is very vulnerable almost to every eligible skater because her short programs can be so bad and disastrous no matter how good a free skate might be it may not matter she could dig a hole so deep she can't get out of it. Next season needs to be about sp consistency. Imagine her going to the Olympics and not making the free skate? Possible based on how bad her Sp's can be. Sotnikova can skate great short programs. Her big problem is flips. It's her worst jump and sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not. Not as bad a problem as tuktamisheva's Sp's. That's why Julia could be with sotnikova at the Olympics or Leonova or Koro or pogo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12