Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Under-rotating, singling, or stepping/falling out of a 3Axel is not skating clean. Review his protocols and the videos from those GP events, from the GP Final, and from Nationals. Just because he didn't fall, doesn't mean he was clean in my book. No one in eligible competition plans a single Axel or plans to step/fall out of a 3Axel.
    I have reviewed the protocols and the videos from each of those competitions. Was Lysacek perfect in each competition? No. However, I don't consider negative GOE on an element in a program as a criteria for not skating a clean program. During those events, Lysacek performed at a high level; rarely fell; and placed on the podium.

Since 2006, Lysacek failed to medal in only TWO competitions that he competed in (4th at the 2006 Olympics, and 5th at the 2007 World Championships). Thus, Lysacek had at least a top 5 finish at ALL competitions that he competed in from 2006 to 2010. Not sure about how that rates in "your book." However, in my book, that rates Lysacek as a very consistent competitor.

vCash

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    What is your definition of a "clean competition"? If your definition of a clean competition is a competition with no falls
    That is pretty much nobodys definition of a clean program. If it were one could say that Lambiel was clean at the 2010 Olympics for instance. Kwan would even be clean at the 2002 Olympics as her bum didnt hit the ice on her triple flip. To some a clean program would be:

-No doubled jumps besides the double axel
    -No hand down
    -No two foots
    -No step outs
    -Obviously no falls

To others it would be all those things plus:

-No turn outs
    -No big wobbles or fights to save landings
    -No dropped content

Any program with a single of any sort or a stumble out of a jump is already not clean.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    I have reviewed the protocols and the videos from each of those competitions. Was Lysacek perfect in each competition? No. However, I don't consider negative GOE on an element in a program as a criteria for not skating a clean program. During those events, Lysacek performed at a high level; rarely fell; and placed on the podium.

Since 2006, Lysacek failed to medal in only TWO competitions that he competed in (4th at the 2006 Olympics, and 5th at the 2007 World Championships). Thus, Lysacek had at least a top 5 finish at ALL competitions that he competed in from 2006 to 2010. Not sure about how that rates in "your book." However, in my book, that rates Lysacek as a very consistent competitor.
    Always placing top 5 is not proof of consistency. Butyrskaya finished top 5 in all but one competition she was in from the 1996 Worlds until finishing 6th at the 2002 Olympics, and she was anything but consistent (and she wasnt even that great aside from her inconsistency to boot). Savchenko & Szolkowy have not missed a Senior podium since the 2006 Worlds, have won 4 Worlds, and their consistency is horrible, with almost no clean competitions, and many epic meltdowns. It is just proof you are a top skater, you get scored as a top skater, you might happen to compete at the time of a weak or inconsistent field in your given discipline, and that others make mistakes as bad or worse than you the times you dont skate well.

That said I was the one who named Lysacek for consistency but the previous poster was probably right and I was probably exagerrating, and thinking too much of just his career peak from the 2009 Worlds to 2010 Olympics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by siouxdonym View Post
    Czisny + Yu Na's consistency
    That still wouldn't fix the fact that Alissas jumps suck. They are small and ugly with no flow or height.

IMO the worst technique of all time!

vCash
    About consistency, I wonder how many skaters had perfect performances in their career. And how many perfect performances each of them had. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Skater91 View Post
    That still wouldn't fix the fact that Alissas jumps suck. They are small and ugly with no flow or height.

Well Caroline Zhang's is even worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    About consistency, I wonder how many skaters had perfect performances in their career. And how many perfect performances each of them had. LOL

Well Caroline Zhang's is even worse.
    Hahaha yes on the Flip and Lutz! But that isn't much of an achievement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater91 View Post

Yeah other than some of the spins and the spirals, I cant believe anyone would think Kim would want anything of Czisny's, LOL! Czisny's spins and spirals and Kim's everything else (including consistency) would be another story. That would be a great combination.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I'm very perplexed that some rave about Lysacek's or Kim's consistency when you can count on 1 hand the number of clean competitions they've skated. Lysacek can only count 2010 Olympics, 2009 Worlds, and 2007 Nationals. There was a long period of time when Lysacek was once known as a skater who couldn't skate a clean SP to save his life. Kim can only count 2013 Worlds and 2010 Olympics. Kim has only skated 4 LPs cleanly in her senior career: 2013 Worlds, 2013 Nationals, 2010 Olympics, and 2007 Cup of Russia. Both skated far more flawed programs than they did clean ones. No one's consistency can really match Plushenko or Kwan.
    It is the timing. Nobody can be consistent all the time, but Evan's timing proved impeccable. I only wish my favorite skaters could come close to that. Same with Kim, although it's less glaring in her case as when she is on, she has a clear jump advantage; Evan did not. Love him or hate him ( or anything in- between, where I happen to sit), his mind was a mind of a champion. Same with Kim, Plushenko, Yagudin, Kwan ( despite her Olympics) etc.
    improving my ballad- like lines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12