Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarzyna View Post
    If some spectators are upset in ways of criticizing that Stephane cut down the level of his spins despite they harm him, then I'd recommend they go out and try themselves. :
    I think Lambiel hasn't talked these problems caused by spinning publicly (and even now it wasn't him) so people didn't know. I definitely noticed during Art on Ice that he didn't spin like he used to. Now I know why.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceIceBaby View Post
    I think Lambiel hasn't talked these problems caused by spinning publicly (and even now it wasn't him) so people didn't know. I definitely noticed during Art on Ice that he didn't spin like he used to. Now I know why.
    He did, he mentioned this in his interviews, and the fact about new breathing technique was also mentioned by him in one of them.
    But, of course, people can't follow all his interviews, and they don't have to.
    I was just surprised that he skated two pretty damn good programs - different, beautiful, full of details and interesting choreography - and it was the only thing someone could notice and comment. I'm also not sure that in that specific case he changed the spin trying to be more careful, he experiments with spins a lot lately, what defines the spin and the speed of the spin is the music first of all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    He did, he mentioned this in his interviews, and the fact about new breathing technique was also mentioned by him in one of them.
    But, of course, people can't follow all his interviews, and they don't have to.
    They don't have to. But even if people didn`t know, you don`t need to be a brainiac to check that if a skater doesn't do trademark elements any longer despite skating well otherwise, this probably is caused by physical reasons.

vCash
    Having now read Grutter's interview- thank you again, reut. Please keep them coming-those honest, in- depth interviews with people who are the soul of the sport!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarzyna View Post

This part of the article on Ovcharova really made me sad:

Gives you an impression how hard competition is in Russia among the girls and how it gets even harder when skaters get injured / in troubles in such a fierce field.
    True. But to be fair, it is not an uncommon psychological phenomenon, and most people have to go through it. When you are young, you do smth. because you love it and it comes easily, you have talent and dreams. Then comes a time when things are hard, and self- doubt dominates. Somebody is better, something hurts, and you question everything. If a person really loves what they do, they rediscover that love despite the obstacles, despite the fact that somebody might become better recognized. It becomes a true passion ( not that there is no doubt, there is always doubt). So Anna is not alone- take any artistic biography or talk to any performer, you'll find it there.
    Last edited by dinakt; 04-07-2013 at 03:59 AM.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    I know this is what [Perticheto's] profile states but I'm quite surprised to see Peter mentioned as a choreographer. Never heard of him choreographing for his students. Usually Salomé is the one who choreographs for his students, but I don't know what was the case here. Still, not sure the profile is correct...
    Maybe Salomé Brunner also choreographed this new Senior Ladies FS for the Philippines' Alisson Krystle PERTICHETO? she scored 88.30 for 3rd in FS, 5th overall in her senior international debut at Gardena Spring Trophy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGisryIuI8E
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Although the Brunner interview talked mostly about Lambiel, I am both heartened by her discussion on Adrian Schultheiss and very sorry that he has not been able to compete. Schultheiss is one of my favorite skaters. He has a very distinctive mind that is rare to see. I often wonder if I would ever see such a skater emerge in US. If he had better skating skills and techniques to begin with, he would have been an "auteur" skater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    Having now read Grutter's interview- thank you again, reut. Please keep them coming-those honest, in- depth interviews with people who are the soul of the sport!
    Thank you, dinakt. Such great feedback gives me motivation to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Maybe Salomé Brunner also choreographed this new Senior Ladies FS for the Philippines' Alisson Krystle PERTICHETO? she scored 88.30 for 3rd in FS, 5th overall in her senior international debut at Gardena Spring Trophy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGisryIuI8E
    It doesn't look like a completely new program, more like the juniors program adapted for seniors. I guess they both were choreographed by the same person. Can't be 100% sure it was Salomé. When I talked to her I asked her specifically about Anna and forgot to ask about Alisson. If I have an opportunity and don't forget, I will try to ask that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun Y View Post
    Although the Brunner interview talked mostly about Lambiel, I am both heartened by her discussion on Adrian Schultheiss and very sorry that he has not been able to compete. Schultheiss is one of my favorite skaters. He has a very distinctive mind that is rare to see. I often wonder if I would ever see such a skater emerge in US. If he had better skating skills and techniques to begin with, he would have been an "auteur" skater.
    I was excited when I learned last summer that Adrian was going to work with Salomé. Unfortunately not much came from their collaboration. And I really tried to ask Salomé more about him, but she didn't have much to say. Maybe they will work more towards next season, who knows...

vCash
    Another "Swiss interview" on AS. For those who wondered how Sarah Meier is doing.

Sarah Meier after Bern
    By Ia Remmel
    http://absoluteskating.com/interview...arahmeier.html

vCash
    Another "Swiss interview" on AS. For those who wondered how Sarah Meier is doing.

Sarah Meier after Bern
    By Ia Remmel
    Thanks . A really nice interview.

vCash
    She has always been so nice! Thanks for a great interwiew!

vCash
    And one more interview from our "Swiss series". This time with someone you might not associate with Switzerland actually.
    Of course, we talked about her, her skating and her judging, but big part of our interview was about Swiss skating.

Catching up with Vanessa Gusmeroli
    http://absoluteskating.com/interview...gusmeroli.html

vCash
    Great interview! It was interesting to read about the judges' perspective at competitions
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    Good to hear that Vanessa is helping to build a training structure in Switzerland. At least it's a positive start and hopefully to see it bear from in future. Would be great to more elite skaters from smaller countries. All the best to Vanessa.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    I really liked Gusmeroli interview. As my biggest all time fav skaters are Sarah and Stéphane it was very interesting to get to know more about training conditions in Switzerland. I already knew that conditions are hard and parents must pay just everything until skater is a world champion. It's a wonder that some so bright talents come up like that. But it is like Vanessa says - they're geniuses. I've read numerous Stéphane interviews where he keeps thanking his parents, now I understand even better what it means.

vCash
    I love Vanessa and Sarah, thanks for posting!

vCash
    Post-AOI interview with Sara Meier.

She says next season will be her last one on the ice.

vCash
    My interview with Anna Ovcharova:

Getting to know Anna Ovcharova
    http://absoluteskating.com/interview...ovcharova.html

vCash
    Thanks reut, I knew so little things about her! I'm glad she represents us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyinna View Post
    Thanks reut, I knew so little things about her! I'm glad she represents us
    There was a very good interview with Anna Ovcharova last year.
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...ight=Ovcharova

vCash
    Thanks hanca! I'm pretty sure I saw this issue of nashagazeta when I was at the ambassy last may, too bad I did'nt read it. She was fun to watch today

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast