vCash

Volosozhar/Trankov to continue career through to 2018 Olympics

http://en.itar-tass.com/sports/726036

April Fools Day... or not?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Please no AFD joke!!

vCash
    Not really. Vaitsekhovskaya wrote in her blog
    `As for the good news - Volosozhar/Trankov decided not to be silly and will come back to the GP wanting to add the missing trophy to their collection - the Cup of China. So I really wish them to get that GP when the ISU will start assigning'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    http://en.itar-tass.com/sports/726036

April Fools Day... or not?
    No, they've said it in Sotchi in interviews (with me and others) and also before (the first time they mentioned it in an interview with me was in May 2012) that they would like to continue competing beyond Sotchi.

vCash
    I 'can't wait' to see the judges showering them with +3s and 10s, regardless of what they actually show on the ice.

It totally makes sense for them to keep competing as, barring major disasters, they have it pretty much guaranteed to win every competition until they decide to retire.

vCash
    This V/T thread is redundant - go to this one instead with a MUCH more interesting interview, translated by TAHbKA: Ermolina's interview with Volosozhar/Trankov `Next 4 years will be interesting'
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden