View Poll Results: Skating at her best next season, where will Gracie Gold finish at the 2014 Olympics?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st (Gold)

3 12.50%
  • 2nd (Silver)

1 4.17%
  • 3rd (Bronze)

2 8.33%
  • 4th

4 16.67%
  • 5th

6 25.00%
  • Between 5th - 10th

8 33.33%
  • Outside the top 10

0 0%
  • She won't make the U.S team

0 0%

vCash

Gracie Gold: “I perform my best when I stay fully in each moment”

New interview with Gracie Gold. Reads:-

Gracie, first of all, tell us your impressions of the last event of the season – 2013 World Team Trophy. Your team won and you set a new personal and season’s best score there.

Gracie Gold: World Team Trophy was the perfect ending for my season. I love Tokyo and the Japanese fans are amazing! Participating in a team event is unusual in figure skating and I love the camaraderie Team USA shared. Earning my season’s & personal best and contributing to our team’s victory was a sweet success. Standing on the podium with my teammates is a highlight in my skating career!

How would you evaluate your first season in senior’s skating in general?

Gold: This season was very challenging but ultimately very rewarding. I learned a lot about myself, and how to handle the pressure of skating at the Worlds level. I think I proved to others, and myself, that I belong with the best of the best. This year I had to fight through some tough moments, but I survived and I think I’m stronger because of it.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Shouldn't this be in GSD as a news thread?

ETA: I posted this interview link in the U.S. Ladies general thread here in the Trash Can earlier today (I didn't think there was enough "new" news to put it into GSD), along with this note:

Gold is a guest skater at "Showtime on Ice," Friday, April 26 to Sunday, April 28, 2013, at the South Suburban Ice Arena in Centennial, Colorado: http://www.showtimeonice.com/
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-20-2013 at 12:07 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    ^ thanks - please transfer if better in GSD

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    On second thought, it's probably fine where it is. (I'm sure there will be plenty of articles on Gold with news about her new programs, plans, etc. in the weeks/months to come. )
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-20-2013 at 12:16 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden