Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash

Cooking Boo Boo...Heeeellllpppp!!

I screwed up big time here Gang. I was supposed to put into a Veggie Chili recipe I've got on the go right now 3 Tbsp of Chili Powder and 1 Tbsp of Curry Powder. Well, I'm really tired and I mixed the two of them up and instead put in 3 Tbsp of Curry Powder and 1 of the Chili Powder.

Mom just tried it and she says it's rather fiery and I didn't realize my mistake until it was too late and checking the recipe to see if I had everything in it. Groan!!

Any ideas on what to do to possibly cut the fire down? Heeeelllllpppp!!!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    you can dilute it with some kind of broth or add something bland like rice or potato
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Cream? Creme fraiche? Coconut milk? Regular milk?

vCash
    We needed it now, so also went to Google...

We do NOT believe this, but the one site said to give a spoonful of peanut butter a try and add it to our taste and IT WORKED!!

It went from far too hot to even get the spoon in our mouths, to just a wee bit too spicy for our taste, so we put in a little bit more and it's simmering away as we speak. I can't believe that worked.

Good tip to know about. So long as no one w/a peanut allergy's around, and we do know people who are, so please feel free to share what's worked for you in the past please and thank you!!

vCash
    In case anyone needs help with this and has peanut allergies to deal with--

Brown sugar takes the bite off of too spicy dishes without sweetening the taste.

vCash
    There are loads of suggested solutions at this website:
    http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/338673
    The ones I would try first are (1) skimming the capsaicin-flavored oil off the top, (2) rinsing half the batch of chili in a strainer to remove all the sauce/seasonings and then recombining the ingredients, (3) diluting the entire batch with more of the base ingredients (but then you'll have tons of chili). If you decide to try adding foreign ingredients like molasses, peanut butter or flour, test it on a small amount of the chili first to see if it works.

vCash
    Yogurt maybe? That is what Indians uses in their cooking to cool down fiery recipes.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Sour cream works too.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    I thought this thread was going to be some horrific announcement that Honey Boo Boo had gotten a cooking show or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I thought this thread was going to be some horrific announcement that Honey Boo Boo had gotten a cooking show or something.
    Oh, I'm disappointed. I'm rather curious as to what June can concoct with the 72 candy bars she bought with coupons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Ro View Post
    Oh, I'm disappointed. I'm rather curious as to what June can concoct with the 72 candy bars she bought with coupons.
    ROTFLOL!!! Never even thought of that, because Mom kept saying, "We all make boo boos like this.", so...

I should have though.