Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I can't help it; I really love Suzuki and want her to be on the team for Sochi! I'm calling this season a bad dream and it will all be better next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Andrea View Post
    At the end last year when she won the 3rd place in the Japan Nationals, Satoko Miyahara could have been expected as the skater been promised Sochi.
    But I think that JSF was shocked very much with finding that ISU Judges don't love her performance in 2013 Junior worlds.
    Therefore, I think that JSF hesitates about making her debut to senior in next season. I think that she maybe stays in junior in next season still and doesn't join to the 'Japan representative' to the Sochi for the lack of experience in senior competitions.
    I didnt see the World Juniors this year. I know she finished in 7th place which was lower than I expected after seeing her skating at Nationals. I thought she might be in the hunt for 3rd, I knew the Russians were probably 1-2. How did she skate there. Did she make mistakes or did she skate well and just not impress the judges relative to her peers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSfan107 View Post
    She really has severe UR issues. Maybe when she grows and gets more power it will help. I can't see her being put on the Olympic Team for Sochi. She has a pretty presence on the ice, but I think next season is too soon for her.
    The problem is Miyahara's technique relies on quick rotations in the air rather than power to get the jumps around. Even with her tiny immature body, she is underrotating her jumps. Once she develops hips, she will have to learn a new technique or the URs will become downgrades.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    The problem is Miyahara's technique relies on quick rotations in the air rather than power to get the jumps around. Even with her tiny immature body, she is underrotating her jumps. Once she develops hips, she will have to learn a new technique or the URs will become downgrades.
    Yeah her coach is Hamada and most of her students lose the jumps once they get bigger and older.. For example, Yukina Ota and Aki Sawada.

vCash
    Is Miyahara considered ahead of Imai by the JSF now? I would rather have Suzuki at Sochi over Miyahara or Imai.

vCash
    IMO Ando should skip Olympic season altogether, And just come back for one last "After Olympic Year",
    She was only ever Superb in those anyways

vCash
    Honestly, with the three who went to 4CCs sweeping the podium, even with Suzuki's shakier season, I think JSF should think long and hard about it if they want to send someone other than Asada, Suzuki, and Murakami.

Besides, in her "off season," she still won medals at GPs and bronze at the GPF and, again, the silver at 4CCs.

vCash
    O Mio Babbino Caro
    by Giacomo Puccini
    choreo. by Stephane Lambiel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAeubtesvxw
    WOW, that was beautiful!!!

I hope very much that Ando will come back for next season...

vCash
    ANDO has to come back, please

vCash
    Oh, I'd really love Miki to return to competitive skating. But I'll believe it when I see her actually performing!

And I agree: the situation in Japanese female skating has deteriorated. Suzuki and Ando will definitely retire post-Sochi. Asada's status is uncertain. Imai, Kokobun, Nishino, Ishikawa did not develop as expected. Shoji is haunted by downgrades and lack of consistency. Suguri - well ... Miyahara - I'm afraid she'll lose her jumps once she grows up...
    I expected a lot from Miu Sato but she didn't even qualify for Japanese nationals this season .
    Imho, only Murakami and Rika Hongo appear relatively steady - but Murakami has to work on her jumps (she also tends to underrotate) and Hongo is in need of presentation overhaul!

vCash

Music of the Night
    from movie "Phantom of the Opera
    choreo. Kenji Miyamao
    costar:Shizuka Arakawa
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUvVM...layer_embedded
    Miki and Shizuka together

vCash
    Interesting, best of luck to Miki!
    Last edited by gingercat; 04-01-2013 at 04:09 PM.

vCash
    Miki in "I who have nothing" last year, with Gladys Knight
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=kjRvA...%3DkjRvAkrIRsE

vCash
    From Akira Andrea's list of Ando's exhibition programs:

I (Who Have Nothing)
    by Gladys Knight
    choreo. by Kenji Miyamoto
    2012 WTT exhibition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOZo7mPJ3u0

You Must Love Me
    from movie "Evita"
    choreo. Kenji Miyamoto
    2012 Eisgala Davos, SUI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZy72gcJCSc
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    This is the video of the charity ice show "Reborn Garden" which was produced by Miki Ando in March, 2012.

I wish that our feeling on the ice reaches you under the same sky.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWP12...layer_embedded

After a long time, the familiar face of Yukari Nakano and Nana Takeda, too, is seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    From Akira Andrea's list of Ando's exhibition programs:
    Thank you very much!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Yes I see that probably as well. I am not sure Asada would want to continue post Sochi but I suspect the JSF will encourage her to. However if Miyahara rises up the ranks to join Murakami they might let her retire if she wishes then.
    Yep, but for some reason, I think that Miyahara is years away from being a top Senior lady. Also, Shoji doesn't seem to be keeping up with the top Russian or even American ladies.

vCash
    It would be too bad if Ando doesnt make it to Sochi. There are only 3 women capable of beating a clean Kim and those are Kostner, Asada and Ando. Having one missing will make Kim an even stronger favorite and take some of the drama out of the event. Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, Osmond, Gold, Wagner, are theats to possibly beat Kim too, but not a clean Kim the way Kostner, Asada, and Ando are.

vCash
    My favorite is Mao, but if Miki wants to skate and can qualify, I hope she'll be in it to win it. I think she has a chance. Morozov, damn him, broke her heart and her momentum. But Miki's proven that she can come back from slumps in her skating career.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12