View Poll Results: Who will medal in Sochi?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kanako Murakami

6 6.52%
  • Ashley Wagner

22 23.91%
  • Gracie Gold

20 21.74%
  • Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

13 14.13%
  • Adelina Sotnikova

20 21.74%
  • Li Zi Jun

5 5.43%
  • Kaetlyn Osmond

6 6.52%

vCash

Which of these ladies will most likely medal in Sochi?

Which of these "Non-Big Three" ladies has the best chance to medal in Sochi?

vCash
    I was going to vote Gold, but switched to Wagner. I think she will feel alot of the pressure is off her after this season, but she also knows her stock is slipping in some peoples eyes (though regaining 3 spots for the U.S helps alot, and all but guarantees her Olympic berth), and being the determined competitor she is will do everything in the off season to compete with the top 3 skaters.

I really think it is one of those two though, and beyond that I would look at Li or Osmond. I dont see anyway it is Murakami or a Russian. That all said I dont think the podium from Worlds this year will be any different, including the order. Any change would be Mao being bumped off by one of Gold or Wagner though.

vCash
    I really think each lady has a realistic shot at it.

I voted Gold. I think it will be easier for her to gain a little artistry and confidence than it will be for Ashley to do the harder triple-triples. Gold has a higher 'upper-end', she can score 130s if clean, those jump seem pretty easy for her, while if Ashley had better 3-3s, we'd have seen them already.

If the judge is lenient on jump calls, the advantage might go to Murakami.

Li is a very complete skater who just needs a bit more power.

Tukt and Sotnikova will have the home team advantage. Sotnikova for me is closest to the big 3 in ability, but she lacks consistency.

Osmond is also a complete skater with great showmanship, but a bit rough at times and needs more consistency, too.

vCash
    None of them can medal unless 1 of the big 3 bomb. The gap between them and the rest is huge. Like as one of Kostner or Asada cant win unless Kim bombs.

vCash
    Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

vCash
    Adelina.

vCash
    I think at least one lady from Russia and one from US will be positioned within a reach of the podium after the SP, and if any of them do a fairly clean FS, she will be given a good enough score to sneak in when one of Kostner/Asada perform under-par or Kim way under-par.

I guess it would be either one of Sotnikova/Tuktamysheva or one of Wagner/Gold. For all four ladies, next GP season will be very important in building momentum/reputation.

I picked Gold for her jumps/speed and room for improvement. She’s already being scored well by the judges.

vCash
    Adelina.

Gold will be underscored like Adelina was a little underscored in this Worlds.

vCash
    Maybe .. maybe... one of the Russian girls! It's Sochi.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Can I pick none of those?

vCash
    None of the above

vCash
    Tuktamysheva or zijun Li

vCash
    Adelina... wonder if she will work on her posture this summer...oops...off topic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
    I love Liza, and I voted for her, but I am disappointed in her right now. May be everyone feels tired after worlds, so her WTT performance could be forgiven, but she has not lived up to the hype. I love her jumps but she does not seem to land them when it counts (SP). I am afraid that someone else is ready to grab that podium spot. I would say Ashley at this point (I wonder if I jinxed her too? :lol)

vCash
    I say Gracie if she starts to actually learn how to perform her programs and not just skate from jump to jump. She seems to be getting a handle on her nerves and she already gets huge GOE for her jumps and level 4's on her spins. If Mao or Kostner or Suzuki slip up in Sochi she could break through. Just look at where she is compared to the start of the year. And she knows what she needs to work on. I just hope her coaches don't stick with the same choreographer again they have a future champion if they get her the help she needs.