Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    We know how you feel, we know your opinion because you haven't stopped for 3 years.
    Please stop. There's got to be a time that you stop, and that time is now.
    Lol no. I will post on this topic whenever I please.

vCash
    I'm looking forward to read this interview as well. You may like Frank Caroll as a person or not, but he is one of the most successfull coaches for single skaters and always seemed to know how to "play the game" in terms of politicks, etc. So I'm sure it will be interesting to read!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    Tee hee!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Whoa ... by now I suppose you've turned into a quad, since quads quads and more quads and quad-mongering is all you seem to live for. Apparently, you've sold your soul to the quad and its feeding upon the empty shell that is one caseyedwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Katarzyna View Post
    I'm looking forward to read this interview as well. You may like Frank Caroll as a person or not, but he is one of the most successfull coaches for single skaters and always seemed to know how to "play the game" in terms of politicks, etc. So I'm sure it will be interesting to read!
    I don't think with Frank it has necessarily been all about "playing" the political game as much as it has been about passing down what he learned from Maribel Vinson Owen, as well as taking care of business in the best way he's known how. He's kinda cantankerous and sweet at the same time, but above all a gentle-spirited gentleman and no-nonsense taskmaster. When he says he believes in you, he does.

vCash
    And the system in place was so atrocious it needed to be changed because of takahashi and plushenko who fulfilled all he right standards lost. I doubt that quad points will be reduced because everyone knows than they won't be done if the reward is not there. you don't want another takahashi getting no points for his quad attempt!

No because the proper order was plushenko takahashi lambiel and the system robbed the right people of medals they deserved.
    Right standards? According to whom? You? I really don't think your opinion on the right standards amounts to more than a hill of beans.

Why don't you just admit you are still pissed of, three years later, that your precious Plushenko did not win the gold? Everything you have said since Vancouver shows that you believe the quad is king. Well guess what, by that token you should be arguing that Timothy Goebel should have won Salt Lake. Doesn't matter how lights out, Alexei Yagudin skated, but your arguments Goebel should have won because he did three quads.

BTW, if you're going to argue the most complete skater should have won Vancouver, there is no way that skater should be Plushenko. Takahashi was the most complete skater in Vancouver.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    The isu rule changes made the strategy impossible. So the rule changes were all coincidental? Not by my standards but the isu rule changes. That layout can no longer even really be attempted as a win because the point possibilities arent there anymore. Short programs now have more quads than the 2010 Olympic free program!! If takahashi landed his quad the yes he should have won and then plushenko still with silver. I do not ever say most quads win but a quad must at least be attempted for the program to be up to men's standard of what's possible. Not any quadless nonsense. That can barely win Jrs now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    Why don't you just admit you are still pissed of, three years later, that your precious Plushenko did not win the gold? Everything you have said since Vancouver shows that you believe the quad is king. Well guess what, by that token you should be arguing that Timothy Goebel should have won Salt Lake. Doesn't matter how lights out, Alexei Yagudin skated, but your arguments Goebel should have won because he did three quads.
    BTW, if you're going to argue the most complete skater should have won Vancouver, there is no way that skater should be Plushenko. Takahashi was the most complete skater in Vancouver.
    And along that same line, why were you agreeing with Plushenko's statement about Chan winning Worlds this season? I mean, Patrick did have 2 quads in the FS. According to your line of reasoning (quads being worth way more), Patrick should've won this hands-down no matter what else he did in the program. But yet, you were agreeing with Plushenko that Dennis Ten should've won. Just curious.

Watch me move
    vCash
    And, apparently, wherever.

But hey, if you want to spread your trollishness about Lysacek and quads in multiple places, and make yourself look even more foolish and obsessive by doing so, then knock yourself out.
    Last edited by overedge; 04-02-2013 at 01:17 AM.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Carroll was the coach? He said the nonsense about "figure jumping." he tried to give Ten Lysaceks exact same technical layout but it became impossible to succeed with! Quads did not mean figure jumping but just being a part of the jumps like 3a needed to succeed.

vCash
    You can still medal without the quad. If Ten had done another jump other than a quad in his fs at worlds, he still would have won the silver medal over Javier.

vCash
    If takahashi landed his quad the yes he should have won and then plushenko still with silver. I do not ever say most quads win but a quad must at least be attempted for the program to be up to men's standard of what's possible. Not any quadless nonsense. That can barely win Jrs now.
    Except you just did, you said Plushenko with a landed quad should win over a Takahashi with a fall. Hate to break it to you, but you said the skater with the most quads should win.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    What is next on your agenda, hand delivering threatening messages to Lysacek? ... Oh wait, you already tried that.
    Wait...what?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    Except you just did, you said Plushenko with a landed quad should win over a Takahashi with a fall. Hate to break it to you, but you said the skater with the most quads should win.
    1 > 0 !!

Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Wait...what?
    I didn't realize an Internet chat about his win was hand delivering a threatening message?? Lol ! The question was about having a one jump contest replacing the usual sp and lp and the place of quads in skating.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD8NS_p7DgY

Jenny and Dave posted a teaser of their interview with Frank, and they're asking him some pretty pointed questions about Chanflation, Tiffany Chin's mom and Chris Bowman's drug addiction.

Heavy stuff. I'm so interested to hear his answers. Frank has always kept things relatively close to the vest, so I wonder how candid he'll be in this interview.

Interview goes up on April 14th!

vCash
    Plushenko had wonky jump landings, no transitions leading into or out of his jumps in his free skate. He lost massive points that he could have had with better choreography. I also agree that Takahashi was the most complete skater, but his missing his quad lost him the five-ring gold. Lysack won because he did not screw up his planned programs, which included plenty of transitions, excellent footwork and outstanding choreography that served his skating style very well.

To piss and moan about him winning (regardless of what jumps he did or didn't do) this near to the next Olympics is like peeing in the wind. No one cares unless they get hit in the face by it. That's what you get off on imho. You love to bring your warped sense of what skating should be in your mind to bare on everyone else, thus spreading your unhappiness, and in the process you feel better about yourself. I think you need to get a life. That's my opinion. Take it or leave it as you wish!
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    You're just wrong about the jump landings. There wasn't anything wrong With the landings. No step outs, two foots, urs, etc. Nothing wrong with the landings. Plushenko did Do things between his technical elements! His program was not empty of things between elements.

My "warped sense of what skating should be" is going on right now. At 2011, 2012 and 2013 worlds that's my view of what men's skating should be. All the medalists are doing everything. It's not warped it's the reality that was possible in Vancouver but extreme ultraconservatism because of the brutal quad rules and too many points available elsewhere made so many skaters play it safe and ruin the progress set in motion at the 1998 ; 2002 and 2006 Olympics and worlds from 1997 to 2007! Now everything is back to normal! And men's skating is exactly where it should be!! 2010 was awful garbage hurting takahashi the most! The men's discipline is not "complete" without quads and thinking they should matter is not figure jumping or a jump contest. It's what is going on right now!! "warped" no - reality now - yes!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBZ View Post

Jenny and Dave posted a teaser of their interview with Frank, and they're asking him some pretty pointed questions about Chanflation, Tiffany Chin's mom and Chris Bowman's drug addiction.

Heavy stuff. I'm so interested to hear his answers. Frank has always kept things relatively close to the vest, so I wonder how candid he'll be in this interview.

Interesting questions. I have never heard of Chris Bowman before so I youtubed him and he seemed to be a great showman (I watched his Rolling Stones gala program)!
    I am not sure if we'll get as interesting answers, though

Blergh
    vCash
    You're just wrong about the jump landings. There wasn't anything wrong With the landings. No step outs, two foots, urs, etc. Nothing wrong with the landings. Plushenko did Do things between his technical elements! His program was not empty of things between elements.

My "warped sense of what skating should be" is going on right now. At 2011, 2012 and 2013 worlds that's my view of what men's skating should be. All the medalists are doing everything. It's not warped it's the reality that was possible in Vancouver but extreme ultraconservatism because of the brutal quad rules and too many points available elsewhere made so many skaters play it safe and ruin the progress set in motion at the 1998 ; 2002 and 2006 Olympics and worlds from 1997 to 2007! Now everything is back to normal! And men's skating is exactly where it should be!! 2010 was awful garbage hurting takahashi the most! The men's discipline is not "complete" without quads and thinking they should matter is not figure jumping or a jump contest. It's what is going on right now!! "warped" no - reality now - yes!
    And yet, you were very unhappy with the 2013 World Championships results.

Listen, I know you're unhappy with the way things went at the 2010 Olympics, but trolling various internet articles, posts, etc. that mention Lysaceck is certainly unhealthy. Lysaceck, like Chan in at this past Worlds, won with the rules that governed the competition. No amount of posts you make will change that.

I understand debating the results and talking about "what ifs" is a huge part of being a sports fan. A big chunk of many posters' time on this forum is dedicated to debate. However, there is a time where it becomes unhealthy (like when you have nothing but hate to spew). I think you'd be much happier if you just let it go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBZ View Post

Can't wait! I love Jenny and Dave's interviews, and Frank has always fascinated me. I went to the practice sessions at the LA Worlds and loved to watch his expressions at the boards. He is obviously a very complex person with a rich history in the figure skating world. This should be a great interview.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post

And yet, you were very unhappy with the 2013 World Championships results.

Listen, I know you're unhappy with the way things went at the 2010 Olympics, but trolling various internet articles, posts, etc. that mention Lysaceck is certainly unhealthy. Lysaceck, like Chan in at this past Worlds, won with the rules that governed the competition. No amount of posts you make will change that.

I understand debating the results and talking about "what ifs" is a huge part of being a sports fan. A big chunk of many posters' time on this forum is dedicated to debate. However, there is a time where it becomes unhealthy (like when you have nothing but hate to spew). I think you'd be much happier if you just let it go.
    I agree about the 'what if' game? What would the 2010 Olympic results have been if Plushenko had done 12 jump elements instead of 11? Lysacek completed 12 jump elements, Plushenko did 11 jump elements. Plushenko lost by less than two points. Had Plushenko added one double jump, he could have made up the point deficit.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast