Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

vCash

The Skating Podcast - Upcoming interview with Frank Carroll

Just saw this announcement on their FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/TheSkatingLesson

2 hour interview, covering Michelle, Evan, Timothy, Linda, etc., etc.

I. Can't. Wait!

EDIT: Sorry, title should read The Skating LESSON Podcast. Can an admin add that to the title. Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBZ View Post
    Just saw this announcement on their FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/TheSkatingLesson

2 hour interview, covering Michelle, Evan, Timothy, Linda, etc., etc.

I. Can't. Wait!

EDIT: Sorry, title should read The Skating LESSON Podcast. Can an admin add that to the title. Thanks!
    Interview with Frank! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    I'm so looking forward to this!

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Totally awesome, two hrs with Frank!

vCash
    I cannot wait to watch this interview!

vCash
    In 2010 it was ridiculous how his defense of an absurd win by a quadless technical regresser evolved into attacking anyone who disagreed with it as seeking to abolish everything but jumps and have jumping contests with nothing else. I was disgraceful and the worst win ever and if rules hadn't been changed quads would likely have vanished as they were already! His extreme technical ultraconservatism nearly ruined the whole technical progress of men's jumping where his student stopped even attempting quads in international competition and broke at 3 the number of Olympics in a row where winners did quads! Disgraceful and outrageous 2010! His career nadir and the worst year for men's skating ever and anyone who disagreed with it wanted nothing else but abolition of spins steps music everything!

Lysacek tried a quad at nationals. After the Olympics said he was a totally complete skater without the quad and didn't say anything about being injured just being afraid but who cares because he was complete without one anyway!
    Last edited by caseyedwards; 04-01-2013 at 08:22 AM.

vCash
    Considering what Tim said about their parting in his chat - I cannot wait to hear from Frank
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    In 2010 it was ridiculous how his defense of an absurd win by a quadless technical regresser evolved into attacking anyone who disagreed with it as seeking to abolish everything but jumps and have jumping contests with nothing else. I was disgraceful and the worst win ever and if rules hadn't been changed quads would likely have vanished as they were already! His extreme technical ultraconservatism nearly ruined the whole technical progress of men's jumping where his student stopped even attempting quads in international competition and broke at 3 the number of Olympics in a row where winners did quads! Disgraceful and outrageous 2010! His career nadir and the worst year for men's skating ever and anyone who disagreed with it wanted nothing else but abolition of spins steps music everything!

Lysacek tried a quad at nationals. After the Olympics said he was a totally complete skater without the quad and didn't say anything about being injured just being afraid but who cares because he was complete without one anyway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS2nWLz-AbE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post

vCash
    I hope Frank will be chatty and spills everything

They should try to find out Frank's Hollywood name.

vCash

From The Skating Lesson's Facebook page:

Casey Edwards
    What outrageous losers lysacek and carroll were in 2010!! With their technical regression no quad strategy because he got no points in his attempt a the free skate at us nationals! Then they both going around saying anyone who opposes their win wants figure jumping or a jump contest! All to give the worst win ever some defense.
    caseyedwards, you are beyond ridiculous.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post

From The Skating Lesson's Facebook page:

caseyedwards, you are beyond ridiculous.
    I agree. Sad that someone has that much pent up anger over the outcome of a sporting event.

vCash
    It surely was one of the most influential things in recent skating history what with the rule changes that came after and the 2013 worlds where you had more quads in both sp and lp than ever before! Very difficult to find quadlessness now and try to find anyone saying they are complete without quads! You can't! The issue of quads in men's skating has been moved to 3a style mandatory. 2010 Olympics men's winner was a horrible joke and just hard to find that anywhere even in Jrs. Jrs now are doing more difficult jumps to win jrgpf and jr worlds than what won the Olympics in 2010. You want to sever it from backlash over the ridiculous win in 2010 go ahead!

vCash
    It surely was one of the most influential things in recent skating history what with the rule changes that came after and the 2013 worlds where you had more quads in both sp and lp than ever before! Very difficult to find quadlessness now and try to find anyone saying they are complete without quads! You can't! The issue of quads in men's skating has been moved to 3a style mandatory. 2010 Olympics men's winner was a horrible joke and just hard to find that anywhere even in Jrs. Jrs now are doing more difficult jumps to win jrgpf and jr worlds than what won the Olympics in 2010. You want to sever it from backlash over the ridiculous win in 2010 go ahead!
    Why do you keep dwelling on 2010? You can't undo the past. No matter how much you pout and whine about it, the results of the 2010 Olympics will not change.

You should be rejoicing about all the quads that are being attempted in competitions the last few years. Instead you keep spewing your venom all over cyberspace about Lysacek. What is next on your agenda, hand delivering threatening messages to Lysacek? ... Oh wait, you already tried that.

vCash
    Where are all these quads coming from? Lol the rule changes encouraged them. When did the rule changes happen? With all their comments about figure jumping and jumping contests no one can repeat how the 2010 men's win in singles happened! Their comments and philosophy to win in 2010 never should have happened.

vCash
    Where are all these quads coming from? Lol the rule changes encouraged them. When did the rule changes happen? With all their comments about figure jumping and jumping contests no one can repeat how the 2010 men's win in singles happened! Their comments and philosophy to win in 2010 never should have happened.
    Lysacek won based on the point system in place at the time. Sit back and enjoy all the quad 'attempts' during the 2013-14 season. Because, after the 2014 Olympics the ISU will reassess the point system, and the value of the quad will be adjusted again. (Just look at gymnastics, Team USA dominated vault by having the most gymnasts that could do an Amanar vault. After the Olympics, the value of the Amanar was decreased)

vCash
    Well, if the 2010 Olympics mens' result contributed to the rules that have encouraged this, shouldn't you be happy about it?
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    Lysacek won based on the point system in place at the time. Sit back and enjoy all the quad 'attempts' during the 2013-14 season. Because, after the 2014 Olympics the ISU will reassess the point system, and the value of the quad will be adjusted again. (Just look at gymnastics, Team USA dominated vault by having the most gymnasts that could do an Amanar vault. After the Olympics, the value of the Amanar was decreased)
    And the system in place was so atrocious it needed to be changed because of takahashi and plushenko who fulfilled all he right standards lost. I doubt that quad points will be reduced because everyone knows than they won't be done if the reward is not there. you don't want another takahashi getting no points for his quad attempt!

Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Well, if the 2010 Olympics mens' result contributed to the rules that have encouraged this, shouldn't you be happy about it?
    No because the proper order was plushenko takahashi lambiel and the system robbed the right people of medals they deserved.

vCash
    Can someone start a new thread in GSD when TSL's Frank Carroll podcast is up? TIA!

In the meantime, here's manleywoman's podcast interview with Frank Carroll from April 2008: http://www.manleywoman.com/episode-14-frank-carroll/
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    We know how you feel, we know your opinion because you haven't stopped for 3 years.
    Please stop. There's got to be a time that you stop, and that time is now.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast