Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    vCash
    Last night's episode - LOL how they worked 'Rosemary's Baby' into the episode: They were going to use the final scene for a St. Joseph's Aspirin commercial even if the client was staid and conservative.

Don is vindictive, showing he can sabotage at will.

vCash
    Don was not nice at all - but is he ever.

Poor Ken - the first scene was so unexpected. I think Bob is just what Pete deserves.

It was such a different time. Betty telling Sally she could smoke - that just gave me the chills. Thank god times have moved on.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I tell you - Pete slams his door in a pique more often than 10 teenage girls! Which I thought was an interesting thing to do, since his quiet, yet firm closing of the door after his confrontation with Bob, was such a contrast.

As many have suspected, Bob is the new Don, and I have to say, I actually really liked the way Pete dealt with it. Bob knows that Pete could pull the rug out from under him, but chooses not to. What he doesn't really realize, of course, is that Pete won't do it.

I shreiked when Ken got it. I'm glad he's not dead. I think it's even better than the lawnmower incident. Also, I love how so many of these guys just can't cope with the world outside of the environs of New York.

As for Sally, well she is still a kid, isn't she? Her reaction to Rollo certainly proves that. I fear, however, that it won't last for long. And that line "my father never gve me anything" - ouch!

vCash
    Someone else mentioned on another forum that when Ken got shot they yelled "OMG - they killed Kenny".
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Most recent facebook update.

http://www.happyplace.com/24552/mad-...n-6-episode-12

Too many good lines to choose from.

vCash
    AP article on tonight's season finale: 'Mad Men' ending season with Don Draper at new low
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I am so looking forward to tonight's episode. But I will be very disappointed that this season will be over. It has been excellent.

Oh well Dexter starts soon. I can get into that.

vCash
    Tonight's episode is the best episode of the entire series.

Absolutely fantastic. Don FINALLY get real. It's an emotional show. The ending just blew me away.

Elizabeth Moss and Jon Hamm's acting were simply outstanding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    Tonight's episode is the best episode of the entire series.

Absolutely fantastic. Don FINALLY get real. It's an emotional show. The ending just blew me away.
    So true. This is just such a good show, have to watch and listen to everything. I know the first episode of the season tells about the rest. I was thinking Don was going to have a heart attack, following Roger from Season 1, and how Pete is following the same path. Bummer for Peggy.
    Another thing that I have thought, that I felt tonight was confirmed - Don and Sally - I feel like Sally is very important to Don and he finally is connecting the dots on his responsibility. Also have not been a Betty fan - was just a bad mother, but this season I felt I finally saw more layers.
    Jon Hamm better get the Emmy this time.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    I was interrupted a few minutes because of a phone call and missed why Pete is going to California?
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    I was interrupted a few minutes because of a phone call and missed why Pete is going to California?
    Not sure, I am pretty sure it was not said. But I think for work - a business trip, not to move. I thought it was odd and I was paying attention.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Not sure, I am pretty sure it was not said. But I think for work - a business trip, not to move. I thought it was odd and I was paying attention.
    Thanks! It sounded like he was saying goodbye for awhile so I was wondering if he was also moving out there, which wouldn't make sense.

The last scene with Don and the kids was amazing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    I was paying attention also, and I thought - first Don, then Ted, now Pete wants to go to California. Surely, Pete knows that Ted is going though...
    Last edited by nubka; 06-24-2013 at 05:14 AM.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    I think Pete is going to Cali. because he is off the GM account and this is kind of a demotion for him.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    When Pete got behind the wheel of the car, I had visions of another John Deere scene.

vCash
    They Freddie Rumsummed him!

vCash
    That was an amazing episode. The whole series had just been getting better and better but there was so much in the last one which brought it all to a climax.

Something had to give at the end for Don. I don't see there was any other way.

I totally agree about Elisabeth Moss and Jon Hamm's performances. Elisabeth Moss was in a series here called "Top of the Lake" which was directed by Jane Campion and set in New Zealand. I don't know if anyone else has seen it but she again was fantastic in that.

vCash
    Looking back over this season, I think the creators of MM broke their slump of the past couple of seasons and made this one a good one: Well-written and acted.

Don has completely fallen apart and is nothing better than a manipulative small man with a drinking problem. He can no longer hide his problems. They are all hanging out in a very ugly manner. His evolving has been incredible from a writer's standpoint, but I caught a glimpse of hope for his relationship with Sally at the very end.

Roger is completely disconnected from reality. I guess this is a good allegory for the older generation in the late 60s?? LOL that he thinks Bob Benson is after Joan!

Is Joan going to be a fag hag next year, presumably when the show hits 1969 and we have the Stonewall Riots?

Peggy buries her sadness in work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    That was an amazing episode. The whole series had just been getting better and better but there was so much in the last one which brought it all to a climax.

Something had to give at the end for Don. I don't see there was any other way.

I totally agree about Elisabeth Moss and Jon Hamm's performances. Elisabeth Moss was in a series here called "Top of the Lake" which was directed by Jane Campion and set in New Zealand. I don't know if anyone else has seen it but she again was fantastic in that.
    I've started watching Top of the Lake on Netflix but have only seen the first episode.

Maybe there's hope for Don Draper. I too hope he finally gets his Emmy.

To see Peggy in Don's office at the end of this episode. . . If Don never comes back to the agency, he'll always still be there. Like Peggy said in his office, this is where everything is. Don saw her talent in the first season and here she is as the head of creative because he messed up. Just wish her personal life could be more fulfilling.

Such a great series. Can't wait for next season.

vCash
    Imagery is always impactful on this show. Peggy sitting in Don's chair as we see her silhouette in contrast to the window was beautifully shot. Having the kiss-off meeting with Don OUTSIDE of the conference room was an interesting visual. Loved the last bit with Don taking the kids to his home.

I also loved the conversation between Betty and Don. Nothing melts me more than when he call her "Birdie". January Jones nailed that scene.

I found myself holding my breath during the Hershey pitch meeting when Don bared his soul. Ted's expression exactly mirrored what I think the audience was meant to feel. Watching someone talented but self-destructive completely unravel is both heartbreaking but mesmerizing at the same time. I had no idea Ted would become such a mirror for Don, but I like what they've done with him. Including leaving Peggy. While I feel bad that he made Peggy feel bad, it was in keeping with his character to stay with his wife and children.

Not sure what to think of Pete and the whole mother story line. I admit that I LOL when he and his brother sat there trying not to be the first one to say they weren't going to spend money on the P.I.

Very curious how the final season will go. Good job to Max W.!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast