Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    I was interrupted a few minutes because of a phone call and missed why Pete is going to California?
    My take on it was different; I think he intends it to be a permanent move. He's lost his family, his apartment and his job on the Chevy account. His mother was eaten by sharks. Bob has exposed and supplanted him. Either he resigned from the firm or he created a new position working with Ted in LA. I think he just resigned; he wasn't at the meeting firing Don. As with Ted, Don, Stan, Megan, the chimera of California as a place to be reborn beckoned.

vCash
    Must see this episode again. So, so good.

Bob completely undid Pete, which was actually kind of awesome and yet disturbing.

Don's meltdown with the Hershey's folks was - according to an interview with Matt Weiner - done in one take. They had 2 cameras, one on Hamm and the other for everyone elses' reactions. He said when the scene was done, that Harry Hamlin and Robert Morse (IIRC) were supposed to respond, but they just completely forgot what they were supposed to say.

The scene when Don takes the kids to see where he grew up, and the look that Saly gives him - not to mention the music - had me sniffling.

It will certainly be interesting to see where we take up next season, and who will still be onboard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    Bob completely undid Pete, which was actually kind of awesome and yet disturbing.
    You cannot help but emotionally react to what is going on in the show.

Ted trying to save himself from himself was just a different version of Don and pretty gutless. I kind of lost respect for him after that.

One of my favourite moments of the show was Peggy dressing herself up. She really looked fabulous. And her outfit at the end (the plaid pants and waistcoat) was such a classic for those times. The costume designers really get it right. I think it is rather interesting that the only person who hadn't moved ahead with the times costumewise since the start of the show is Don.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I somehow think Ted and Pete will still be on board next season...just like Peggy was still in the show when she jumped to another agency. Pete will most likely end up back in the agency somehow. Maybe they'll get into the wine industry

This is a really interesting interview with Weiner about the final episode.

I can't wait to see where they go in the final season! I'll be so sad when it ends though.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    Very curious how the final season will go. Good job to Max W.!
    Probably thru 1969, with series finale being set in 2014?

vCash
    Wow. I almost felt like crying.
    I will have to watch it again.
    I don't think Ted's decision was weak. I think it was the right thing to do for him and his family. He's not "that guy" . However, I once again said at the end of the episode, "poor Peggy!" I say that every episode.
    Bye bye for now, Mad Men.
    Bring on Breaking Bad!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    One of my favourite moments of the show was Peggy dressing herself up. She really looked fabulous. And her outfit at the end (the plaid pants and waistcoat) was such a classic for those times. The costume designers really get it right. I think it is rather interesting that the only person who hadn't moved ahead with the times costumewise since the start of the show is Don.
    He has - just more subtly than some of the others. But Joan is another one whose clothes haven't changed too much, and also Betty, Roger, and Trudy. I think the most changes you can see are of course with Peggy's wardrobe, which is appropriate for her rise since the show began; and also Harry Crane and the various secretaries, who are dressed nothing like their early season counterparts. I know I've mentioned them before, but Tom and Lorenzo's Mad Style posts are fantastic and make for really great reading for anyone interested in the costuming on Mad Men (which Janie Bryant does do a fabulous job with).

I also thought that TLo had an interesting observation in pointing out that "The grand irony of Dick Whitman’s long exile from the world and feverish need to cover up his true self is that his greatest fear of discovery turns out to be true: people abandon him the minute they find out who he is."

I guess we'll find out if it stays that way next season.

vCash
    The last Facebook for the season:

http://www.happyplace.com/24729/mad-...-season-finale

Don rates the Drunk Tank on Trip Advisor.

vCash
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678