Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Titans. It was trashy and compared to Dallas, Dynaasty etc probably really crappy but it was getting good and then it just went bye bye

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    Also, I wanted to add Kindred: The Embraced series(1987). I remember the lead actor Mark Frankel died in a motorcycle accident shortly after the show ended. He was an absolutely beautiful man.
    Loved that show - Was before its time with the Vampire theme

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CDANN1013 View Post
    Loved that show - Was before its time with the Vampire theme
    I also loved Kindred. At least it had a somewhat satisfying ending.

Was also sad about the cancellation of the Dark Shadows revival with Ben Cross. It had the bad luck of premiering around the time of the Gulf War and the show kept getting pre-empted by war coverage, so any momentum they had was lost. Michael T. Weiss and Adrian Paul And as much as I loved me Ben Cross, I would have chosen both Jeremiah and Peter over Barnabas.

vCash
    1. Life - Damian Lewis. I just finished watching this and it was sooo good! I loved the characters and the ongoing storyline with Charlie's wall.
    2. Kitchen Confidential - Bradley Cooper before he was super famous. A hilarious series.
    3. Don't Trust the B in Apt 23 - Really wacky stuff you don't see in other comedies. Darn ABC for airing all the episodes out of order. It was a mess.
    4. FlashForward
    5. Kings

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    The one that always comes to mind when this question comes up is the very short lived American Embassy. They didn't even show all the eps that were filmed - barely had a chance, and yet it was full of possibility.
    I remember that one. IIRC it was also the same season when First Monday, about the supreme court, was cancelled before it was given a chance. Two shows that were too smart for a generation of TV just beginning its "reality" phase.

Another one I just remembered was from a couple of years later, Commander in Chief -- Geena Davis as a VP who gets suddenly bumped up when POTUS dies. That one was just finding its tone when they pulled the plug.

vCash
    So many awesome shows. In addition to my first post of Firefly, I could just say "nearly every unusual sci-fi, fantasy, unusual show on Fox from about 1999 until now! Plus Life, Terriers, and "The Middleman"! WWWWD?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    It was on forever but still cancelled too early: Another World
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    thirtysomething
    I've been re-watching this on DVD. It should be required watching bedore a marriage license is issued.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    So many awesome shows. In addition to my first post of Firefly, I could just say "nearly every unusual sci-fi, fantasy, unusual show on Fox from about 1999 until now! Plus Life, Terriers, and "The Middleman"! WWWWD?
    Oh yes, The Middleman! Such a great show!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Pan Am and Pushing Daisies deserved a longer TV life!

I will also miss Don't Trust The B....

Thunder & Lightning!!!
    vCash
    Prey (1998) only 13 episodes. They never gave it a real chance. Dealt with genetics, DNA and a new breed of humans. (early Debra Messing & One Life to Live’s “Todd” Roger Howarth as one of the new breed)

Millennium (1996-1999) Another Chris Carter show. Did a crossover with the X-Files to try to tie up the loose ends when it was canceled. But thought they could have kept this one going. (Loved Lance Henriksen & Terry O'Quinn in this one).

Also agree with others on Invasion, the new “V”, and Flash Forward
    Peace & Love, Gypsy
    Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

vCash
    I'm surpirsed there's no mention of Once and Again, which I felt was pretty much like a grown up version of MSCL. I thought it was amazing, and although it lasted 3 seasons, it was given the boot with even less ceremony that MSCL. So much was left unresolved, and to add to the insult, TPTB are holding season 3 hostage so that it's never been available on DVD and might never be.
    I absolutely loved this show and was so devastated when it was cancelled!

Another show that I liked that didn't last long (I think it was only three seasons) was NBC's "American Dreams". Back when NBC actually still produced quality television...

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Got a pretty run but still could've done so much more: ... Battle of the Blades ...
    Not cancelled! I thought I might have been deluding myself that "hiatus" meant they would be bringing it back eventually ... but they are! It's official!

Entre el mundo del patinaje y el mundo real
    vCash
    I don´t think anyone remember this show but I thought it had great potential:

The Inside

vCash
    I can't believe I forgot this, because every time I'm forced to sit through syrupy ballads on the Voice and Idol, I remember two glorious seasons of Rock Star. I would love to see that again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Prey (1998) only 13 episodes. They never gave it a real chance. Dealt with genetics, DNA and a new breed of humans. (early Debra Messing & One Life to Live’s “Todd” Roger Howarth as one of the new breed)

Millennium (1996-1999) Another Chris Carter show. Did a crossover with the X-Files to try to tie up the loose ends when it was canceled. But thought they could have kept this one going. (Loved Lance Henriksen & Terry O'Quinn in this one).

Also agree with others on Invasion, the new “V”, and Flash Forward
    I liked Prey too. I agree that it deserved better. Featured Debra Messing just before "Will and Grace"

vCash
    American Gothic (1995) I LOVED this show!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I can't believe I forgot this, because every time I'm forced to sit through syrupy ballads on the Voice and Idol, I remember two glorious seasons of Rock Star. I would love to see that again.
    Oh yes!!

Among many other reasons, one thing I loved was that they skipped all the auditions and went straight to the finalists, so it was high quality all the way. The House Band was outstanding, and they made the effort to get rights for the very best rock songs. I still listen to my downloads

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Citlali View Post
    I don´t think anyone remember this show but I thought it had great potential:

The Inside
    I do! I managed to "obtain" ahem, all of the episodes for this. Really interesting and creepy. Peter Coyote was awesome.

Sigh, yet another Tim "cancelled again" Minear show. (See also: Firefly, Wonderfalls, Terriers, The Chicago Code, Dollhouse, Drive)

btw - Tim's twitter handle is "cancelled again".

vCash
    I recently started watching Firefly based on Sheldon Cooper's recommendation. Reading this thread, I see he is not alone in his fandom.
    Creating drama!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    (Yes, I do take my shows way too seriously, why do you ask? )

Another one I thought of: a little-known but really good show called Mysterious Ways, with Adrian Pasdar. I think it only went one season.

*Seriously, when she asked him to repeat what he said on their romantic walk by the river, and he said that thing about the confluence of the Allegheny and the Monongahela, I wanted to hug him myself.
    Another person who's just like me w/her shows. I'm not alone!!

ITA about Mysterious Ways. Such a great show that made you think, which when you stop and take a good look, that could be said for most of the shows I've seen listed in here...

Quote Originally Posted by mkice9 View Post
    1. Life - Damian Lewis. I just finished watching this and it was sooo good! I loved the characters and the ongoing storyline with Charlie's wall.
    Loved this and if NBC had promoted it the way it should have, it would have found it's audience. What hurt it was it kept being bounced around the sued, so you'd get sucked in, then it would move nights and...

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    I remember that one. IIRC it was also the same season when First Monday, about the supreme court, was cancelled before it was given a chance. Two shows that were too smart for a generation of TV just beginning its "reality" phase.
    Now I remember First Monday and it was a good little show if it had been given half a chance. Sadly...

Another one I just remembered was from a couple of years later, Commander in Chief -- Geena Davis as a VP who gets suddenly bumped up when POTUS dies. That one was just finding its tone when they pulled the plug.
    IIRC, ABC decided to do a split season of it, like NBC's done w/Revolution, *and* also move it from the original day and time slot it had in the Fall. It was one of the most talked about shows in the Fall, but that break and the move was what did the damage and then it was too late to do damage control. A shame as it really was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    I do! I managed to "obtain" ahem, all of the episodes for this. Really interesting and creepy. Peter Coyote was awesome..
    And when is he not? One of my very favourite actors.

I'll add Early Edition, Homefront, SportsNight, Studio 60 and Freaks and Geeks to my list.

You know...After reading this thread, it's got me thinking that The Big Bang Theory got awfully lucky it found it's audience fast, otherwise....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast