Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Not to get off topic but a big problem with including animal by-products in pet food is that it is very poorly regulated. I read a book about the industry a while back and the crap that could end up in there is just plain scary. I avoid anything with corn partly out of principle- it's so obviously a filler and supplies no nutritional value for cats. But also my cat was having skin issues (constantly itching, etc.) that the vet thought it could be a food sensitivity. Since I've had her on a grain free diet she's done a lot better. It is more calorie-dense however so you have to be strict about portion sizes, LOL.

Too bad about the recalls. I've had an uneasy feeling since they were bought out by P&G.

vCash
    FDA testing for salmonella did not begin prior to P&G's acquisition of Natura. Link to 2011 article about pet food testing which should shed some light on why so many companies have had salmonella recalls recently:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2...or-salmonella/

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elka_sk8 View Post
    ..... But also my cat was having skin issues (constantly itching, etc.) that the vet thought it could be a food sensitivity. Since I've had her on a grain free diet she's done a lot better. .......
    elka: what cat food do you use?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12