Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

What is top of your wish list for the 2014/15 season?

With the new season almost upon us, what is your wish list for what you would like to happen during the 2014/15 season? This could be something that you feel would enhance the sport as a spectacle or it's overall popularity, to skaters that you are looking to break through into the upper echelons of the sport or whom you are looking to win major competitions.
    Last edited by Maofan7; 07-13-2014 at 01:28 AM.

vCash
    At the top of my list would be a great comeback for Mirai. And if she attempts a 3axel just for the heck of it that would be cool too.

vCash
    Well, my number one wish is always: everybody skate well and nobody get hurt!

A few more specific wishes:

- Artur to return to his best and show Kovtun how it's done!
    - Max to return to his best, and be National Champion again skating HIS way
    - Joshua to hit his stride as a Senior, land the quad, bring us all to tears and be National Champion
    - Jason to continue to be as wonderful as always, and be National Champion (YES OKAY I HAVE A PROBLEM HERE)
    - Max/Joshua/Jason = Team USA for Worlds.
    - Brooklee to do great at her GP!!!!
    - Liza Tuktamysheva to make a flawfree beautiful return as queen of the Russians!

Though I would also like to add:

- Adelina wins everything by skating like an absolute boss and shutting people up. (Unfortunately, it still won't be enough for some, but I'd still like to see it, all the same.)

vCash
    I'd love for Gracie to have a strong GP showing, make it to the final and, if we're talking wishes, win it. I'd also love for the Spanish dance team to make it to the GPF in their home country.

vCash
    Stepanova/Bukin and Papadakis/Cizeron to make great impressions.

vCash
    For me, I'm most excited about pairs this season. With all the new teams, it's going to be so interesting and exciting, but I'm also a bit worried the overall level of pairs skating could drop, with the new teams' lack of experience. Last season was very strong for pairs, possibly the best overall season IMO in some time, and I would like to see the discipline continue to improve. Some of my specific hopes are:

--Volosozhar/Trankov finally get 2 good programs and start really developing as artists
    --Castelli/Tran to compete at U.S. Regionals/Nationals and be awesome :-)
    --Scimeca/Knierim to break out of their sophomore slump
    --Leng/Shnapir to have a solid start and quiet some of Simon's critics
    --Tim LeDuc to find a partner
    --Denney/Frazier continue to improve and mature
    --Peng/Zhang to skate well and win a World medal (love this team)
    --Wang/Wang and Yu/Jin to do well on the GP
    --Strong debuts from new Russian teams Davankova/Enbert and Bazarova/Deputat
    --James/Cipres skate well

I feel a bit of trepidation about ladies right now. With the loss of Yuna, Carolina, Mao, and Akiko, the field feels decimated. So much greatness and quality was lost with those 4 women. It now boils down to the Russian girls and American girls. Yes, there are a few others who could challenge here and there (Kanako, Kaetlyn, maybe Zijun), but I think we all know who the contenders will be. Frankly I am not excited at the prospect, as increasingly it echoes the Cold War battles of the 80s in ladies. And I am not a fan of any of the Russian girls particularly, so do not enjoy their dominance. I guess my hopes are:

--Ashley rebounds from last season with 2 very good programs and more solid jumps
    --Gracie becomes consistent, starts to show some personality: This season is crucial for her IMO
    --Polina continues to skate well as her body matures
    --Mirai comes back strong, trains hard, and builds on last season's success
    --Christina decides to continue and comes back with a fresh outlook
    --Samantha improves her jumps and speed while keeping up her wonderful presentation/musical interpretation
    --Some of the younger Americans start to put it all together--Ashley Cain, Hannah Miller, esp.
    --Lipnitskaya develops more than one facial expression
    --Pogorilaya finds some artistic ability
    --Radionova grows up

In men, I have few expectations and for the most part just enjoy watching. But, a few things:

--Jason has a great season, wins more GP medals, becomes more solid w/ triple Axel, tries quad, wins Nationals, wins World medal
    --Denis Ten has an injury-free season, wins his first GP medal, then shocks everyone by winning Worlds
    --Hanyu continues to develop artistically

In dance, I think it will be a great season. Without D/W and V/M, the medals will be wide open, and there is still a lot of quality and strong teams in the field even with the Big 2 gone. Specific hopes:

--Chock/Bates have excellent programs and build on last season
    --Shibs find a new direction and more excitement on the ice
    --Hubbell/Donohue recover from her injury, come back strong
    --Aldridge/Eaton continue to develop well, do not get schlocky under Marina
    --Papadakis/Cizeron make a splash
    --Ilinykh/Zhiganshin do well and beat Sinitsina/Katsalapov at Rostelecom

vCash
    I'd generally like everyone to skate well and not get injured, but actual specific things are:

-Jason to become a national champion and hopefully place at Skate America

-Mirai to make a big comeback and skate clean. I think she's on the right track already with her new programs, she seems to really feel the music

-Scimeca/Knierim skate clean especially with their side by side triples.

vCash
    Jeremy Ten continues to skate, is injury free this season, and gets personal bests

Jeremy Abbott continues to skate, is injury free this season, gets personal bests AND a World Medal.

The Shibs come back strong and are National Champs.

Hubbell/Donohue come back strong and are National Champs.

Mirai is US National Champion.

All of the new pairs teams do well.

Pro Competitions return immediately

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    Jeremy Ten continues to skate, is injury free this season, and gets personal bests
    You will have to take that one off your list. He retired after 4CC.

vCash
    I mostly just hope Artur Gachinski and Florent Amodio will have a decent season for a change. And I hope Adian Pitkeev has a respectable showing in his first season as a senior.

I'm not as invested in the ladies but I really hope people will leave Adelina alone, she's done nothing to deserve harassment. Also would like to see Liza T. do well.

vCash
    Mirai, Jason and Shibs ALL to skate lights out and be national champs.

Weaver/Poje to be World champs, followed by Meryl and Charlie's announcement of their return next season.

Peng/Zhang to be right up there.

Hanyu to get better and better. His Olympic gold was not the stuff legends are made of. I want him to be glorious, not a default winner.

Mirai, Polina, Gold, Lipnitskaya, Sotnikova, and Pogorilaya all to develop fabulously and prevent Ladies from going downhill in the absence of the Fab Four Asada, Kim, Suzuki and Kostner.

vCash
    fair play from everyone, judges scoring what happens on the ice consistently, loads of great skates.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    My wish for next season is for some bright new skater(s) to arrive that I find magical and can get interested in. I don't even care which discipline.

vCash
    Jason and Max 1st and 2nd at Nationals, to place at GPs and Worlds; Jeremy,please come back strong; Adelina to continue her beautiful and dignified skating no matter what people may say. Figure skating will be very interesting this year. Also Julia is wonderful, I hope she continues her brilliance as always.

vCash
    Jason, Max, and Josh as our Men's World team (and loads of great skates and medals for them in the gp)
    Mirai comes back better and more consistent
    I/Z beats S/K in Russia (but make it close. I want a heated rivalry between these two teams... )
    Shibs are gifted with programs they can work with and receive the attention they deserve from Marina (not likely, but a girl can dream)
    H/D give Chock and Bates some competition at Nationals
    Hawayek/Baker has an awesome first season, testing the waters.

vCash
    I hope Zijun Li recovers from her injuries and has a fantastic season. She could be the next Lu Chen.

Ditto for her teammate Han Yan.

I too hope Mirai Nagasu skates well and regains her form and motivation. She faces some very tough competition domestically.

I hope some of the ridiculous PCS scores normalize after the Olympic season. I also hope programs with vocals don't feel like exhibitions.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    Really? He was selected for the grand prix this coming season (Rostelcom Cup).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    fair play from everyone, judges scoring what happens on the ice consistently, loads of great skates.
    I second this.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    He may have felt that way in Spring, but as recently as last week, he's tweeted about training :

People always ask me how I juggle a full training schedule, two jobs, an education and a social life. Well here's the answer. I'm a #robot.

and being assigned to Rostelecom Cup:

Excited to be going to #Russia this season. 9 months too late (haha) but all jokes aside it's an honor and I have never been. #COR2014

He also tweeted:

#Skating is my therapy, my escape; & the one thing I can count on through anything. I'd be an empty vessel without it. Skating is my person.

He's entered BC Summerskate,, to be held 14-17 August.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Max Aaron & Gracie Gold , U.S. National champions as well as Chock & Bates. I'm not sure who will be coming back & competing in pairs at this point but wish all U.S. skaters successful seasons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast