Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

Plushenko: Chan Does Not Deserve World Title

http://en.rsport.ru/other_sports/201...652250547.html
    Seven-time European figure skating champion Evgeni Plushenko said Wednesday that Canada’s Patrick Chan does not deserve the world title he won last week.

Chan relied on his world-record short program score to defend his world title as he fell twice in the free skate and was nearly caught by Kazakhstan’s Denis Ten, who lost out by just 1.3 points.

“Denis Ten won that world championship,” Plushenko said on Twitter and accused Chan of having undue help from Skate Canada, which hosted the championships in London, Ontario.

“Patrick Chan didn’t win, his figure skating federation did! That’s my opinion as a person who knows figure skating.”
    Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Liberal Furry
    vCash
    People are forgetting that Chan DIDN'T win the free skate! Sigh.
    I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
    (Edna St Vincent Millay)

vCash
    Maybe we should go back to the days when the SP was only worth 20-30% of the total score.

vCash
    Those who can skate, those who can't should shut up LOL

Plushy is getting tiresome. The only "worthy" person is him. His ego appears to be functioning even as his body gives out.

From the Bloc
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    Those who can skate, those who can't should shut up LOL

Plushy is getting tiresome. The only "worthy" person is him. His ego appears to be functioning even as his body gives out.
    hm... I wonder why only Plushy's opinion received a thread... It is his opinion and many others have same opinion. Todd Eldrige, Johnny Weir, Christina Gao have big ego too???
    Sonja Bianchetti is nothing? http://fskating.com/2013/03/a-wonder...pionships.html

"No doubt his skating is very good and he glides and moves well on the ice. Still, his placement and the marks he was awarded in the PCS, in my opinion, are definitely not acceptable. How could he be placed ahead of Javier Fernandez and Yuzuru Hanyu, who executed flawless programs of a very high technical and artistic standard? And this is not the first time that this has happened. It has become “normal”. I am speechless. Surely it is not Patrick’s fault if the judges continue to overmark him. He is the lucky and happy victim of a judging system that, thanks to secret judging, allows the judges to carry on unpunished."

vCash

Plushenko: Chan Does Not Deserve World Title

Because he said the same basic thing after every event he does not win?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    hm... I wonder why only Plushy's opinion received a thread... "
    Because someone started one? There isn't a vote that determined only Plushenko could get a thread. You can start a thread on anything you want. Though maybe the better thing would be to ask a mod to rename this thread "Former skater's thoughts on Chan's title" just to keep the board from cluttering.

vCash
    Not exactly news. Pretty much everyone feels that way, and most people have said it too, including fellow skaters past and present. Along with Chan's 2012 World title the biggest scandals to hit skating in decade, and the heavy politiking the CSA must be involved in far tops anything the so called big bad Russians did at the height of their political powers. Only Austria and Norway in the old days come close to the level of political involvement the CSA currently has.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    Because he said the same basic thing after every event he does not win?
    This isn't good argument, sorry..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cygnus View Post
    People are forgetting that Chan DIDN'T win the free skate! Sigh.
    No, he only scored about 15 points higher than he deserved in the free skate, when he won by only 2 points. No big deal, since he didnt win the free skate, LOL!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Because someone started one? There isn't a vote that determined only Plushenko could get a thread. You can start a thread on anything you want. Though maybe the better thing would be to ask a mod to rename this thread "Former skater's thoughts on Chan's title" just to keep the board from cluttering.
    No. Who opened it, wanted a bit of animosity against Plushy...

vCash
    If my memory serves me correctly, and I was there, neither Javier nor Hanyu were flawless in the long. Good Yes, but not flawless. This Chan inflation business really is getting out of hand. There has been many a World Champion who has won despite falling, despite under-rotating jumps, despite the lack of transitions etc. etc. It will be ever thus. Of course, it would be great if the winner could complete their programme without falling, but then ice is slippery.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaIce View Post
    If my memory serves me correctly, and I was there, neither Javier nor Hanyu were flawless in the long. Good Yes, but not flawless. This Chan inflation business really is getting out of hand. There has been many a World Champion who has won despite falling, despite under-rotating jumps, despite the lack of transitions etc. etc. It will be ever thus. Of course, it would be great if the winner could complete their programme without falling, but then ice is slippery.
    Chan's winning performance was the poorest one in the event the last 35 years without a doubt. If he wins with such awful skates it can only mean two things: 1. the judging is scandously bad or 2. the field is absolutely terrible right now and the worst in history.

vCash
    Didn't Plushy have a nasty fall at Dortmund in 04 and he still won the title?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    No. Who opened it, wanted a bit of animosity against Plushy...
    For saying the same thing 90% of skating fans are saying? Seems like something else would have been better if they wanted animosity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Didn't Plushy have a nasty fall at Dortmund in 04 and he still won the title?
    Yes. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3a61BJQp7o with Button commentary) But Joubert wasn't flawless and wasn't better. This is the big difference.
    Last edited by lala; 03-20-2013 at 05:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    For saying the same thing 90% of skating fans are saying? Seems like something else would have been better if they wanted animosity.
    Read the comments......the haters always find a reason, why hate him more...

vCash
    He joins a group of very elite skaters and is a little behind others as others have twitter and made their voices heard almost immediately.

vCash

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast