Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1087
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post

Her pants look like an unfortunate design choice on Project Runway.
    there was all sorts of penis room in there
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i will miss shakira and usher, too bad blake and adam cant go on a walkabout
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    At 70 I will be way tackier than Cher could ever dream of being. I will be full-on Big Fat Gypsy Wedding Sparkle Jem and the Holograms beyotch. But I won't be on TV, so it's OK
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    At 70 I will be way tackier than Cher could ever dream of being. I will be full-on Big Fat Gypsy Wedding Sparkle Jem and the Holograms beyotch. But I won't be on TV, so it's OK
    at the rate we are going, everyone will be on tv eventually

vCash
    Danielle's already got the Miss USA Voice dress on.

ETA - not surprised. At least this year's winner can sing without doing the 'arm to heaven' thing that Caassaaddee did all last year. And she's got a decent voice.

Not upset for Michelle, I think Usher will help her out.

Why do they make them sing after they win? No one can ever do it right.

This was a fun season. I rather prefer country to screechy divas.

vCash
    Danielle dressed like she's expecting to be announced as prom queen.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Blah.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Oh my, what a shock. Not.

Danielle needs to hold her arms out and palms up, like a proper beauty pageant contestant.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Her reaction was nice. Oh well. Not the worst contestant to win a reality show. It's not like she's a talentless hack, and she has a waaay better voice than Taylor Swift.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Phooey. Blah. All that talent -- and there really was a lot -- and this is the winner? Sorry, Michelle, Sasha, Judith, Karina, Amber.....really sorry.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Who was Carson's 'big surprise winner' then? Cher's agent?

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Hunter Haye's manager needs to add Danielle to his tours. She has a real chance to be a breakout star. There is money to be made with this kid.

There were other singers I liked, but the audience didn't. They bought Danielle's songs and voted for her. Michelle was nice, but her appeal simply wasn't as broad.

I do hope the Swons are able to capitalize on this experience. They have commercial potential.

Overall, this was an excellent year for talent.

And bah to the Blake and Adam haterz. They'll be back and so will Xtina and CeeLo
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Oh STFU Danielle about singing in your room.
    That bugs the hell out of me, too. It makes it so hard to have any respect for her or Blake. And it's really unnecessary. She could win without all the dishonesty and B.S..

Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i will miss shakira and usher, too bad blake and adam cant go on a walkabout
    That's how I feel, but Blake obviously is very popular with other people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    That bugs the hell out of me, too. It makes it so hard to have any respect for her or Blake. And it's really unnecessary. She could win without all the dishonesty and B.S..
    I don't think it's dishonest and BS, but I do think that she's an ambitious young woman who's still a bit young and immature. If you look on Youtube, there are tons of videos with her singing in her room and laughing with friends, in her house, in the bathroom.

I really enjoyed her singing tonight--looks like she finally learned to relax and connect a little to the songs. I'm a huge fan of Danielle's type of voice--clear, bright, pure--and usually with age, singers gain a bit more warmth to their tone as well, so it's likely that Danielle's voice will also mature as she grows a bit older.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    better rosemary's baby than the swans. the pub on my corner gets better bands.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by altai_rose View Post
    I don't think it's dishonest and BS, but I do think that she's an ambitious young woman who's still a bit young and immature. If you look on Youtube, there are tons of videos with her singing in her room and laughing with friends, in her house, in the bathroom.
    But she and Blake have not simply said that she sang in her room and the videos are not limited to singing in her room. (Plus, she's obviously uploaded those videos for lots of people to view). They have gone out of their way to make it seem like she wasn't really performing in front of big crowds at festivals before this show and she was just plucked out of her bedroom to be on The Voice. IMO, it's dishonest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    But she and Blake have not simply said that she sang in her room and the videos are not limited to singing in her room. (Plus, she's obviously uploaded those videos for lots of people to view). They have gone out of their way to make it seem like she wasn't really performing in front of big crowds at festivals before this show and she was just plucked out of her bedroom to be on The Voice. IMO, it's dishonest.
    Yeah, I've seen those couple of videos. But I wouldn't say that 20-50 or so people in the audience qualifies as a "big crowd." If I remember correctly, 1 performance was a sound check (for the main act) with the sound crew walking all around the stage and the other set of performances happened after the blind auditions.

vCash
    Not all the crowds were small and they weren't all before the blind auditions. Even her Voice bio said she got her start doing festivals. Not buying the fresh off the turnip truck story and the this is her "third performance" or her "fourth performance," etc. IMO, they were trying to mislead people, and it was totally unnecessary. She's cute and young. (They didn't have to tell me a gazillion times that she was sixteen for me to know that.) No reason for manipulation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Phooey. Blah. All that talent -- and there really was a lot -- and this is the winner? Sorry, Michelle, Sasha, Judith, Karina, Amber.....really sorry.
    There's always a lot of talent, and like life, it's very rare that the most talented/smartest actually wins. At least she's an improvement over the last two winners. Since ratings are down, maybe for the fall season it will be less The Blake Show.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I've known a lot of musicians. A lot of bar bands that were more talented than Grammy winners. I used to wonder why the ones who were commercial successes were when others weren't until I dated one for a long time and finally understood. Talent is a very small part of success in the industry. Ambition, being in the right place at the right time, and ambition make up the rest of the formula.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast