Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1087
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I guess you didn't see that Usher declared Michelle the winner last week? Then he had to do some backtracking to explain that he meant she was a "winner" regardless of the results.
    I don't think it counts when it's your own coach
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Michelle's still got my heart, but I think Usher will take care of her post show. I can see him doing a Cee Lo/Juliette thing and promoting her post-show. Their "One" duet was the best part of the show.
    I'm seeing Michelle as being Usher's anti-Bieber. With all of the Bieb's antics over the last year, it might be refreshing for Usher to be mentoring someone who does the work and quietly goes about her business.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    All over the web I'm reading "I wish Michelle would win but Danielle will take it." Well, if all those people acted on their support for Michelle, maybe not.

I'm not optimistic, though. rfisher is right about Danielle's marketability in the country world, although I don't think her voice is as strong as Carrie's or Miranda's (and she's missing Miranda's awesome 'tude.) But there really is room for angst-ridden women singing about how they've been wronged in an articulate manner and Michelle is perfect for that.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    But there really is room for angst-ridden women singing about how they've been wronged in an articulate manner and Michelle is perfect for that.
    Hence her attraction to Taylor Swift songs? Taylor really is the queen of songs about being wronged.

I think Danielle is very marketable and hopefully she'll start to learn more about phrasing and the songs she sings.

I'm hoping that Usher will really stick with Michelle. It was interesting to hear him say that he learned from her. At the beginning, I never would have foreseen them developing a collaborative relationship and going beyond the show, but it's a distinct possibility.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    My girl Xtina looks great.

If the Swons end up winning I will and I don't really care which of the elles win. I hope all 3 of them are able to make a breakthrough into their music genre of choice and do well.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Now that it's the last night, I'm fine with any of them winning. I'm not that invested in any of them. I'd prefer Michelle, but all of them are better than Cassadddeeeee. And none of them are as good as Juliet.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Michelle and One Republic are amazing together. I had no idea that Ryan Tedder was one of those great singers who are better live than recorded!
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Liked that One Republic song.

vCash
    I think there are quite a few singers now that sound better live--I saw Ke$ha live and that girl can wail. You would never know it listening to her songs on the radio, but she really can sing.

Then these two come on. This is dreadful--they sound so tuneless.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Re-registered User
    vCash
    And now my husband won't let me mute my TV even though I'm begging. (Georgia whatever) That has to be the most annoying lead vocal I've ever heard. The song isn't that bad in the recorded version.

eta- My daughter was telling me yesterday that Ke$ha has a really good voice. I'll have to check out some Youtube.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Liked that One Republic song.
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Hence her attraction to Taylor Swift songs? Taylor really is the queen of songs about being wronged.

I think Danielle is very marketable and hopefully she'll start to learn more about phrasing and the songs she sings.

I'm hoping that Usher will really stick with Michelle. It was interesting to hear him say that he learned from her. At the beginning, I never would have foreseen them developing a collaborative relationship and going beyond the show, but it's a distinct possibility.
    I like Taylor's songs, a lot of them, but that's not what Michelle should be singing. (And I think that was a weird ploy on Usher's part. Look at her singing with the melodic-rock-guys, she fits right in.)

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    And Florida-Georgia Line are winning awards which means the Swons can certainly do so with the right songs.

I love those little worker guys from the Despicable Me movies.

vCash
    I like Taylor's songs, a lot of them, but that's not what Michelle should be singing. (And I think that was a weird ploy on Usher's part. Look at her singing with the melodic-rock-guys, she fits right in.)
    Oh, ITA, which is why I included the laughing emoticon. Usher definitely was pandering. It's kind of sad that he and Shakira both felt the need to have their singers do country songs.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Whose singing now? Are these all contestants from this season?
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    "trouble" or whatever the taylor swift song is called is not like taylor's other songs, it doesnt even pretend to have country elements, it's dubstep, or trying to be anyway.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I think there are quite a few singers now that sound better live--I saw Ke$ha live and that girl can wail. You would never know it listening to her songs on the radio, but she really can sing.
    a few years ago I found some website run by a professional voice teacher where she lists the vocal ranges of popular singers (with youtube proof) and critiques their voices in a mostly objective way. I remember being shocked at how positive she was about Ke$ha, although in the "drawbacks" area, she mentioned that Ke$ha's reliance on autotune often overshadows her vocal ability.

I think the only singer that she really didn't have anything positive to say about was Katy Perry.

ETA: I forgot that Taylor Swift was ever supposed to be country.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Amber and Sara stole that performance.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Did indeed. And now here's Bruno to make PL's night.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Bob Seger is as smooth as ever.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i had to go to a bob seger concert once with my brother because there was no babysitter (at the spectrum gen!)

his tiny ancient parents were there, they put out 2 seats for them, right on the side of the stage, where i assume they lost what was left of their hearing
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast