Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Sigh. Poor Sasha. She deserves it more and isn't the right demographic.
    hello people, a bit of help here with the pbp - does this mean Sasha got the axe?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    And the last finalist is...........The Swons. You could see it on Shakira's face that she knew. Blake has a 66.7% chance of winning.

He and Miranda will start a twitter campaign for their fans to vote for them. Maybe they'll have his vote for her and hers vote for the guys.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I thought Michelle was awful last night, particularly with 'Clarity', but I knew she and Danielle would be in the finals regardless. I still think Danielle will easily win the whole thing. Country singers are definitely in demand on the singing competition shows lately!

I hope Amber releases an album because she remains my favorite on any of the shows in a long time. Adam kept switching her style and then talking about how she has all this versatility, but I think it just confused viewers as to what she was exactly going for or what an album from her would be like.

vCash
    I have bought several songs from Michelle. I also love the Swons for the entertainment value. So either of them winning would be ok with me. I admit Danielle is better than Taylor but that's not saying much. I can't imagine me buying anything of hers.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Cher and Xtina are both performing next week in the finale. Cher actually has a new album coming out.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I wasn't home tonight so I'm just now catching up with the show. Bummed for Amber and Sasha but not surprised at all. I definitely knew it was coming for Amber but I'm still sad I won't get to hear another song from her on the show.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I'll be very surprised if Danielle doesn't win. I think we're in for a string of Blake's cute, young things winning and lots more country. For a variety of reasons, I hope that next season is Blake's last. We would get more variety in singers and music. We wouldn't have his B.S. to listen to. We'd be done with "lattes" and his exploitation of Oklahoma and the tornadoes there. (Yeah, I'm glad he raised a little money for them, but I started to get a real icky feeling that he and the show were exploiting the tragedy there.).

Adam must be kicking himself over some of the choices he made this season. He had the strongest team after the auditions and he made some stupid decisions. I don't know if he could have beaten the cute young country singer, but he could have done better if he had made some different choices with artists and song choices. I still think that he should not have cut Warren, the firefighter and country singer.

vCash
    Adam always has the strongest team and always squanders them. He's made some really questionable song choices--songs out of Amber's genre and ones she's never heard. I also get the feeling he's not a great coach. Competitor and salesman, yes. Coach, no. He seems to have little or no connection with any singer except Tony Luca.

I'd hate for Danielle to win. She's so cookie cutter AI. For a show called "The Voice," I want quirk to win. Otherwise, I'd watch AI.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I'm still watching this show more for the coaches than the singers, but I do like that at least up to the semi finals there is more mix of the singers than on AI.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Adam always has the strongest team and always squanders them. He's made some really questionable song choices--songs out of Amber's genre and ones she's never heard. I also get the feeling he's not a great coach. Competitor and salesman, yes. Coach, no. He seems to have little or no connection with any singer except Tony Luca.

I'd hate for Danielle to win. She's so cookie cutter AI. For a show called "The Voice," I want quirk to win. Otherwise, I'd watch AI.
    Quirk makes the finals. Quirk has never won. Look back at all the winners. Not enough people vote for or buy quirk. If they did, Beverly, Nicholas and Michelle wouldn't have needed the Voice to begin with as they've all been in the business for years and were bound up their own quirkiness. They have a group of supporters, but not enough to push them to where they obviously want to be otherwise they wouldn't have auditioned in the first place. And, AI is 6 males and 6 females who are all exactly alike. The voice does have diversity which makes the show interesting. Even if quirk doesn't win, it does make the finals. Sadly, if it could win, it should have done so with Beverly. The woman met Xtina note for note in their duet and Xtina doesn't concede center stage to anyone. Yet, bland but talented Javier won.

And unless Blake wants to take a hiatus, he's not going anywhere.
    Last edited by rfisher; 06-12-2013 at 12:25 PM.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    I'm still watching this show more for the coaches than the singers, but I do like that at least up to the semi finals there is more mix of the singers than on AI.
    I so love this judging panel! This is the first time I've not yet switched over to SYTYCD, and missed the last installments of The Voice. This year - with these judges and these singers - I don't want to miss a thing.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I'm not going to have a fit that talent reality shows skew red state. These guys are not singing on NPR. There's a country advantage due to demographics but I still think the Swons & Danielle are competing for the same votes, giving Michelle an outside chance. Usher, too, has a huge fan base, probably just as large as Blake's/Miranda's, so we'll see.

I mourn Sasha. Girl has a voice and stage presence and she turned out to be gorgeous. I wish good things for her. And I do think Shakira coached her well.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    I think Shakira coached her well but I think Shakira didn't choose the right songs for any of her singers.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I think Shakira coached her well but I think Shakira didn't choose the right songs for any of her singers.
    I think Sasha was overstaged on Bad Girls, the only thing it was missing was the ghost of Donna Summer descending from the ceiling. And I loved it, which means it was too old for most of the audience.

I would have nixed Whitney, too. I'm sorry she didn't do something like Sade or Alicia Keys to show that she could be subtle and hipper.

Shakira didn't get the most talented singers to begin with, I think she took Sasha probably as far as she could go.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I'm sorry she didn't do something like Sade or Alicia Keys to show that she could be subtle and hipper.
    This.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Everyone ready for the Final?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    the flood warning flashing across my tv just said "do your best, don't drown"
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I'm not sure that was the right song choice for the Swons - not sure that's going to really motivate anyone into voting.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Interesting that Carson is not mentioning the fact of the bonus points. The only way Michelle, or the Swons for that matter, can win is if they don't give Danielle those points for all the times she's been in the top 10. Maybe they've decided to downplay them this time. Last season he mentioned the bonus about 10 times every show.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Didn't Michelle do this song just a few weeks ago?

Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast